Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 14-07-2017, 10:57 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Yet, you didn't apply any Veda nor Upanishad in substantiation of it, as I have thoroughly and conclusively done in my replies..

I have also been very omnist in my views, whilst still remaining true to my own as not only a member of this religion, but one who has had the whole religion instilled within me, due to forces and sources beyond my control or conception (even though I blame Shiva for it). LOL

Aum Namah Shivaya

As i say, your path is your own, mine is mine - imo truth is singular - what is is.

The entirely of every non-dual teaching / Eastern & Western Philosophy point to exactly the same 'thing' imo. i have No need to quote religious / spiritual texts & arguments.
Old 14-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
As i say, your path is your own, mine is mine - imo truth is singular - what is is.

The entirely of every non-dual teaching / Eastern & Western Philosophy point to exactly the same 'thing' imo. i have No need to quote religious / spiritual texts & arguments.
Namaste.

If by this, you mean to say that all versions of reality are totally subjective because the world is just Maya until the Ultimate Truth of Sat, the non-dual knowledge/consciousness of Chit and the ensuing fallout from the eventuality of the whole awareness i,e. Ananda...I couldn't agree with you more.

Your path is yours and mine is mine and hence why I dropped the path of Advaita Vedanta a while ago now and fully embraced Bhakti Marg.

I not only know God exists, but I love Him unconditionally just because He does. Can I make it any clearer than that folks?

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 14-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Many people claim that reality is only and nothing but the "I". Which is the general gist of Hinduism and Buddhism. My question is; can or does The God exist as well? I'm talking about the EXTERNAL God. The HIGHER God. The God who is not *just* "I".

For a real God to exist He would have to exist alongside the "I"; as a reality separate from and independent of the "I".

Is this possible? This is what the Abrahamic Religions suggest; that it is possible. I'm not so sure what the Eastern Religions suggest......
The standard answer from the East, would be `There is no `I`, only god, realisation of this truth is liberation.
But hey those clever easterners have played with our minds for millenia.
Old 14-07-2017, 11:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
The standard answer from the East, would be `There is no `I`, only god, realisation of this truth is liberation.
*brings out Necro's 'cookie jar'.

There is no "I", only God going the other way to my philosophy (and those personal, direct experiences which formed it).

I am God typing to you right now, but I can also be Necro or Shivani (Shakti) when I want to be, you know? or I can just let poor old Necro just 'be herself' from time to time too....that usually doesn't work out too well though.

Still, the ego is there Brahman/Atman are not the same terms, they are interchangeable ones! and then that becomes, there is no 'inside' no 'outside' nor that which confines matter within the boundaries of space/time physics and their relative quanta...and you don't want to take Necro there, where Mahakala Rudra resides..believe me! This thread will go on forever! lol

Love forever - The 'God' that doesn't exist.

Aum Digambaraya Namah.

P.S. I am also using all the attributes of Shiva (I'll get to 108 if I am lucky) in my end Mantras to describe the context of every single concept I relate about Him each post. Pretty nifty eh?

Aum Namah Shivaya.
Old 14-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen

i generally prefer the language / culture of the the Western Esoteric / Philosophy. But then i'm Not Indian. Was raised Church of England - & the Gnostic / Christian Mystic path does have some appeal.

Barry Long is interesting from a Western Enlightenment Tradition -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzbFjL4Y0UA

'You' don't need all the Eastern thinking / terms / words / philosophy.

But ultimately it's all the same 'thing'.
Old 14-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Ascender

Quote:
If by this, you mean to say that all versions of reality are totally subjective because the world is just Maya until the Ultimate Truth of Sat, the non-dual knowledge/consciousness of Chit and the ensuing fallout from the eventuality of the whole awareness i,e. Ananda...I couldn't agree with you more.

Whatever language / concepts you want to put it in.

We're incarnated (imo) for reasons of progress, learning & experience.

In my view there very much is the individuated soul / self, higher self & source - we are here to learn certain 'things' - we follow an incarnational path & eventually graduate incarnation, & move on to other things.

Maya / physical reality is real & exists, it has illusionary qualities, but it is a part of the whole of reality. It is part of the lower vibrating realms, a manifestation of energy / light / consciousness. There is Nothing wrong with physical existence.

We are all unique & individual, at physical & soul levels. There is No dichotomy between the 'Oneness' & Individuated self - Both are true. Eastern philosophy seems very divided on that question, as there are 'theological' arguments within the Western traditions as well.
Old 14-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Master
Quote:
i generally prefer the language / culture of the the Western Esoteric / Philosophy. But then i'm Not Indian. Was raised Church of England - & the Gnostic / Christian Mystic path does have some appeal.

Barry Long is interesting from a Western Enlightenment Tradition -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzbFjL4Y0UA

'You' don't need all the Eastern thinking / terms / words / philosophy.

But ultimately it's all the same 'thing'.
I am not Indian either and was raised Church of England in this incarnation only - one out of hundreds I believe, so it all doesn't matter when there's just the 'now' but every past-life unfortunately OR fortunately converges into the 'now' or present extended awareness of the timeless Infinite Brahman. Hindu, Indian, Church of England, Man, Woman, God and all notions thereof just don't exist, right?

And now I start playing with your mind at my leisure. lol

This is the Mantra I always chant, almost non-stop (have been doing so for years).

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 14-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Whatever language / concepts you want to put it in.

We're incarnated (imo) for reasons of progress, learning & experience.

In my view there very much is the individuated soul / self, higher self & source - we are here to learn certain 'things' - we follow an incarnational path & eventually graduate incarnation, & move on to other things.

Maya / physical reality is real & exists, it has illusionary qualities, but it is a part of the whole of reality. It is part of the lower vibrating realms, a manifestation of energy / light / consciousness. There is Nothing wrong with physical existence.

We are all unique & individual, at physical & soul levels. There is No dichotomy between the 'Oneness' & Individuated self - Both are true. Eastern philosophy seems very divided on that question, as there are 'theological' arguments within the Western traditions as well.
We don't say there's anything wrong, bad or to be avoided about Maya and do you know why I use the word "Maya?" so other people know what I am freaking on about, when my 'preferred term' is Mithyatva, but whenever I say that one, nobody knows what I am talking about. lol

Here we go, let the powers of Wiki enlighten:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithyatva

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 14-07-2017, 12:29 PM
Ascender

Quote:
I am not Indian either and was raised Church of England in this incarnation only - one out of hundreds I believe and that doesn't matter when there's just the 'now' but everything unfortunately OR fortunately converges into the 'now' or present extended awareness of the timeless Infinite. Hindu, Indian, Church of England, Man, Woman, God and all notions thereof just doesn't exist, right?

Reality is what is real & exists. On one level of reality of course physical reality & all it contains exists. Religious / spiritual writings i personally see as forms - as best understandable in terms of myth, symbol, analogy, metaphor & allegory. All language; spoken & written are symbol / form. Of course all spiritual writings are pointing to spiritual realities that are more than allegory.

Individual understanding, apprehension & experience is subjective to the individual, but within the reality that reality is what is.

i don't know how to define it all in words & concepts? It can't be, it is beyond words & concepts. This is where so much of the problem comes in for a lot of people.
Old 14-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Ascender

Quote:
We don't say there's anything wrong, bad or to be avoided about Maya and do you know why I use the word "Maya?" so other people know what I am freaking on about, when my 'preferred term' is Mithyatva, but whenever I say that one, nobody knows what I am talking about. lol

Here we go, let the powers of Wiki enlighten:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithyatva

Aum Namah Shivaya

In essence i agree with that definition.