Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 08-06-2012, 03:51 PM
StephenK

I just ordered some Water Kefir grains yesterday and am really curious to see how that turns out! It uses plain (clean) water and sugar for its food base.. with much of the bad effects of sugar being neutralized by the bacterias involved... I'll be looking for another food source to step around sugar anyway...

The water kefir also helps to step around the whole dairy issue... though I'm still very much into making milk kefir as well.. :^)
Old 14-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Master
Oh, now I just saw an ad for this stuff today. I've never heard of it before.
Old 17-06-2012, 12:35 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Oh, now I just saw an ad for this stuff today. I've never heard of it before.

Kefir is really cool! but the commercial stuff is likely loaded with whatever... it seems they can't help themselves.. they have to take something innately perfect and then pasteurize it to death, load it with fruit that's been poisoned in the field and unnecessarily candied...and store-bought is comparatively expensive...

The real value to kefir is found in the homemade version... what they charge for a small bottle you make a whole gallon yourself... you control all the ingredients, you become a farmer of a crop that grows freely in quart glass containers....

Raw milk if you can get it.. flavor with real fruit... sweeten with stevia and share it among friends...

Try it once at the store to get an idea what it looks like... if you like what you're seeing then look into the kefir grains for making your own... I've really grown attached to the process... it's fun... :^)
Old 19-06-2012, 02:13 PM
StephenK

Found another great website on kefir! This is a link to their faq page on water kefir, but there's soooo much more to this web site as well! :^)
http://www.yemoos.com/faqwaintro.html

<snip>

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-01-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 19-06-2012, 02:47 PM
StephenK

Beneficial strains in Milk Kefir

<snip>

http://www.yemoos.com/strainsmilk.html

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-01-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 19-06-2012, 02:50 PM
StephenK

And the beneficial strains in Water Kefir

<snip>

http://www.yemoos.com/strainswater.html

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-01-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 14-07-2012, 11:46 PM
StephenK

I taught my daughter how to make kefir about a week ago and she's now busy teaching many others... folks are coming out of the woodwork begging her to pass along to them this ancient knowledge.

Here's another great website on the subject an a woman with a very pointed story to tell in relation to Kefirs impact on her life! Watch the video of her story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbX9Nv9OtGM

And visit her web site.... her feelings toward Kefir is similar to my mine... you can't do this stuff for a time and not fall warmly in love with the benefits... :^)

http://culturedfoodlife.com/
Old 16-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Deactivated Account

Hi Stephen,

I just saw the link in another thread you posted in, your signature about Donna's story. Wow ! Quite a story, amazing ! Thanks for sharing that. And the wierd part is ... I can't usually view You Tube videos, but for some reason, I must have been meant to see this one. Must be a sign or something.

Now, I need to catch up with what you have posted here on the Kefir.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 16-07-2012, 01:44 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Now, I need to catch up with what you have posted here on the Kefir.

Cool! Making and using Kefir is quite the adventure! I have a neighbor who's a Vietnam Vet (59 years old) who has had all sorts of physical issues for years. I turned him on to Kefir, and how to make it, about 4-5 months ago and he told me here recently that he's cut back on his meds by more than half.... (he had carried around with him a big bag full) and that he can see himself now dumping most of the rest before long.... a great deal of symptoms that he'd been suffering with are dissolving and he's attributing this specifically to the kefir... he's in awe, and he's thrilled!

My wife no longer has allergies! Her allergies were on the retreat as we were cleaning up our eating habits but she attributes kefir for wiping them out completely...

And then there's the nice feeling that comes from steady use... a deepening mellowing that's very natural and progressively more serene.. it's hard to remain grumpy when one's feeling this good...

....all and all, this is not a bad habit to get into! :^)
Old 31-07-2012, 09:16 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecta3
i have read in a book i have on dietetics to avoid them altogether.

Hi Vecta :^) In light of our previous conversations on this subject I thought I would share this with you as to why I've become a big fan of kefir...

Not only has it helped to dramatically change my wife and my overall health (alongside rebooting our eating habits) but I now have two friends that I've introduced kefir and have been helping closely by suggesting healthier eating habits (no grain, no processed foods and to retreat from the heavy use of concentrated sweeteners).

The one is 59 with years of chronic aliments and 15 or so medications... one by one his aliments are dropping away, along with his medications and brain-fog! He now views the introduction of kefir as the first significant day of promise for the rest of his life!

My other friend is 65, a no-nonsense retired police officer. I introduced him to kefir about 3-4 months ago and am teaching him how to make it himself... he just returned from the doctor a few days ago saying the doctor was thrilled with the overall change in his condition and lab results! The doctor wanted to know what he was doing to bring this about... he told him about the kefir and that he'd been following many of the recommendations I'd mentioned, and the doctor actually told him to hitch his cart to my wagon! That his turn-around was simply remarkable...

Pretty cool really... I'm actually able to help others in a verifiable way, with kefir playing it's part as a pivotal tool.... don't dismiss kefir too quickly! :^)