Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-05-2017, 04:45 AM
Pathfinder

Creativity in wardrobe

Not sure where to post this so I thought "Spirituality" was best.

What are your thoughts on using your wardrobe as a creative outlet? Do you feel it helps bring uniqueness and creative expressions to an individual? Or do you think it's too materialistic to care about wardrobe?

It's a unique question, I know, but I am curious if anyone here uses their clothing and such as a way to express themselves. I got a strong message in meditation from my higher self to "BE ME, BE ME!!!" including the clothing I wear. I've always had a fashion sense, but have always been too shy or modest (or thinking it would make my ego fat) if I cared. I'd dress myself down in a sense...But it genuinely makes life fun to bring different outfits together! I have been feeling a need to go shopping or creating a vision board on my style (as silly as it sounds). The more I allow myself to dress myself up I get vision of beautiful clothing, outfits and styles in FULL detail. It just comes to me! Things I haven't seen, but created with my mind and they pop up as a vision out of no where haha. I have guilt around "dressing up" or "looking good" but I honestly think it relates to past lives and early childhood. My higher self told me to "BE ME!" in everything I do and don't hide! and that included my wardrobe. Haha
Old 26-05-2017, 04:53 AM
Deactivated Account
A very warm welcome, Starry_Night!

You are absolutely, absolutely following your Higher Self and your highest heart's desires in your wonderfully unique expressions of Being You.

Go for it!
Old 26-05-2017, 05:05 AM
Deactivated Account
In addition, I commend you on being so open and allowing of your Higher Self to give you clear mental and visual messages and images.

There is nothing wrong with using clothing and fashion to express the Divine. It is clearly an intense passion of yours, and if you follow it faithfully you will inspire many, many people with your courageous example, where many will allow their own creativity to flower.

I understand your ability to create visually in detail, and to allow spontaneous, highly detailed visions to appear on your mental screen, so to speak. This is something I enjoy as well. Watching films is one thing that assists me in doing this, which is indeed a form of channeling.

Using wardrobe as a creative outlet to express the Inner Spirit is a very ancient art and science that many cultures worldwide have used to varying degrees. You (as a soul) are not new to this by any means, and you know this.
Old 26-05-2017, 05:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry_Night

What are your thoughts on using your wardrobe as a creative outlet? Do you feel it helps bring uniqueness and creative expressions to an individual? Or do you think it's too materialistic to care about wardrobe?

It's a unique question, I know, but I am curious if anyone here uses their clothing and such as a way to express themselves. I got a strong message in meditation from my higher self to "BE ME, BE ME!!!" including the clothing I wear. I've always had a fashion sense, but have always been too shy or modest (or thinking it would make my ego fat) if I cared. I'd dress myself down in a sense...But it genuinely makes life fun to bring different outfits together! I have been feeling a need to go shopping or creating a vision board on my style (as silly as it sounds). The more I allow myself to dress myself up I get vision of beautiful clothing, outfits and styles in FULL detail. It just comes to me! Things I haven't seen, but created with my mind and they pop up as a vision out of no where haha. I have guilt around "dressing up" or "looking good" but I honestly think it relates to past lives and early childhood. My higher self told me to "BE ME!" in everything I do and don't hide! and that included my wardrobe. Haha
I guess I have the opposite going on. I'm pretty creative with my wardrobe, but lately I have stuck to wearing just basic ochre and brown robes with my rudraksha beads.

I wear this mostly at home, but when I go out I always dress 'to society' and put on what I wore before - jeans, t-shirt, hoodie and what have you to sort of 'blend in with the crowd' and not stand out like a sore thumb.

However, this is causing me consternation now, because I want to wear my robes outside my home so people can see the 'real me'...but a part of me is going 'you don't need clothes to show others the 'real you' - yeah, I may go 'sky clad' then.

Still, I want to wear my robes outside, but I am caught with the whole 'show and tell' feeling - about 'why do I feel like that?' do I want people to notice me for who I am? or for my religion? I mean, it may save a lot of embarrassing questions - "oh, I see you are a monk...okay then" as I let my appearance speak for me.
Old 26-05-2017, 05:28 AM
Deactivated Account
Starry_Night, one final message/reminder of mine for this thread:

Fear and guilt are of the lower ego and materialism (using wardrobe, in itself, is not materialistic), so be very alert when feelings of guilt may arise. Following your bliss will effectively diminish any guilt you have in regards to this interest of yours.

In your case, using wardrobe creatively would not be materialistic at all in a negative sense, as you have a very high spiritual awareness and connection to your Inner Being.

Yet for those who are into wardrobe who may be desperate to make money, or are motivated to impress others, or are very competitive in a fashion sense, and/or are highly prone to jealousy. . .these types of people are those who are being materialistic in their attitudes in the negative sense.

You have the wisdom to generally avoid such pitfalls. Best wishes, you and all.
Old 26-05-2017, 05:35 AM
Master
Why not have fun with what you wear? I do.

I live in a very conservative area where most people wear cowboy attire, very short hair and very little jewellery. I have very long hair in viking/nordic styles. lots of jewellery, in public I dress like a surfer( always ready to go swimming ) and when at home I wear sarongs. I even go outside in them too.

I don't care what others think, I just do what makes me happy and comfortable.
And I have never had a problem either.
Old 26-05-2017, 05:42 AM
Master
100 percent yes to creativity with clothing!

That is actually what I have begun to experiment with a bit myself. When I was younger I had not a care to what I wore or what other people think! I take a little of that with me today- not too worried about how others perceive me. What I have been doing lately is taking jackets and blazers and sewing buttons in different places on the material. I also am beginning to dabble in making home made embroidered patches to sew onto clothing, jackets, jeans.

But to better things still, your higher self is absolutely correct! Be you, whole heartedly and never forget who you are.

I know the feeling of the higher self having to remind us to ground and truly be ourselves. I experienced it today when thinking about the jewlery my mother bought us that is coming in today. I was thinking her necklace may be just what I need with the turquoise color in it and began thinking how I also like the original one I chose for myself, and was considering making a trade. The one I chose has gold accents with a touch of sea light colored green beading. So I was earlier really struggling with trying to decide and all of a sudden a thought pops up- a higher aspect of myself and says "Be Green"!

Then what are you thinking? Go with the one you wanted in the first place!!

Problem is the reason I was considering trading is because my mother likes the one I chose a lot too!!

Wise acre higher self.

What you are telling yourself is correct- be yourself. Even if you enjoy wearing conservative clothing- dressing conservatively can be very striking.
Also you said you are getting visions and imagery about experimenting with different clothing and changing it or even making it- this may be something you may want to try your hand at- you could be incredibly good at it. Practice, most importantly enjoy your life and everything you do with an open spirit.

Thank you for posting such a wonderfully creative topic.
Old 27-05-2017, 12:33 PM
Master
.....and so it was that today, I wore my monk's saffron robes and rudrakshas out in public, in a crowded shopping mall for the very first time.

My mother asked me; "why don't you wear your robes out?"

I said "I didn't want to embarrass you"

She said "times have changed and people wear whatever they like now and nobody cares".

I said "Like how the Muslim women wear their Hijab?"

She goes "yeah but they are used to it - it's part of who they are and their conditioning - it's natural for them to wear the Hijab, they'll feel naked without it - do you feel that way about your robes?"

I'm like "not to that extent, but it does express a deep inner side of me that I really want to get 'out there', but that conditioning stops me".

That's when she said "the only way you are going to know if it 'feels right' is by doing it and I won't be embarrassed because I understand that's who you are now".

So, I wore them to the shops and all around and nobody looked, nobody noticed and it felt totally natural. I am over it now.
Old 27-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry_Night

Hi, Starry_Night.

I like to feel at peace in myself in situations and am quite empathetic about my attire
which is usually simple. It has to fit somewhere between my mood
and what I'm doing. With white as a favourite colour that isn't too difficult
(though I like the warm colours, reds, orange, sienna red/brown, ochre (like
a golden yellow) - a dead mid brown is a definite no-no!). I'm not
particularly fashionable except in those enduring styles of short skirts,
shorts, t-vests. But I do believe in dressing for the occasion. I'd love to make
my own clothes but doubt my technical skills would match my imagination.
Mum does a bit working from Vogue patterns usually but I have to do the pinning out
or finishing or something! I can't get away with it all. I'm always amazed
at window dressers and arrangers who can just wrap fabric around a dummy,
put a few pins in and wow! It looks fabulous.

So...

Why feel guilt about dressing up and looking good? It's your public front and
if it makes you feel good, it has to be good! You sound like
you're good at it and if you have the knack to make the right choices that's
great! So, your awareness suggests a very creative approach toward wardrobe and
presentation. Nothing wrong with pride and feelgood about presentation. And
yes, a mood board is always good too!

Last edited by Lorelyen : 27-05-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old 28-05-2017, 05:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
.....and so it was that today, I wore my monk's saffron robes and rudrakshas out in public, in a crowded shopping mall for the very first time.

My mother asked me; "why don't you wear your robes out?"

I said "I didn't want to embarrass you"

She said "times have changed and people wear whatever they like now and nobody cares".

I said "Like how the Muslim women wear their Hijab?"

She goes "yeah but they are used to it - it's part of who they are and their conditioning - it's natural for them to wear the Hijab, they'll feel naked without it - do you feel that way about your robes?"

I'm like "not to that extent, but it does express a deep inner side of me that I really want to get 'out there', but that conditioning stops me".

That's when she said "the only way you are going to know if it 'feels right' is by doing it and I won't be embarrassed because I understand that's who you are now".

So, I wore them to the shops and all around and nobody looked, nobody noticed and it felt totally natural. I am over it now.

I think it is great you did something that feels right for you.
And what your mother said is very right and common sense. She sounds amazing.

The jewelry came in yesterday and I did what felt right to me, and kept the original one I chose with the green beading. I chose that one and one that is made of different metal coloring and looks tribal. Both pieces I got a high resonation with both felt right. I think when we feel right and good about something we wear on us, then naturally we look good.

So that is great to hear that you wore your robes out, and that it felt natural.

Blessings.