Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-04-2017, 04:41 AM
Master
Thoughts and communicating with the universal mind

Thoughts come from outside our mind. It’s true that we can have conscious thoughts, but we can also silence our mind and listen to the thoughts that come from outside/inside us. When we learn to silence our mind and listen with spirit we will recognize there is still an unspoken communication in place of the mental communication we are used to. The thoughts received from the universal mind can be directed in another form of communication through learning to keep the mind silent and a mysterious form of feeling communication with the universal mind. When we silence our mind and thoughts of a painful nature come through the universal mind the common reaction is to begin thinking again. Thinking of what we did wrong, what we can do to remedy the situation, what we can do to drown the thoughts and forget them; we think of everything except to accept and surrender. We have another choice instead of being conscious of our thoughts and willing them in a new direction, we can bring our consciousness to our chest region without thinking, just feeling and letting how we feel guide the thought stream of the universal mind. If we feel pain from our chest and concentrate there with acceptance, clarity, and understanding the universal mind will stop sending us those images as we learn what it wants us to learn. The universal mind is connected to us and seeks to help us in the highest manner. Our pain is it’s pain, if we seek to lessen our pain the universal mind helps us because we are linked. If we question where the pain came from and seek to remedy it, perhaps through love, we can focus on only moving forward when we have the appropriate feeling in our chest. When the universal mind realizes our intention is to move forward with the highest vibrations it will send us thoughts on how to achieve that, in small steps and clear thoughts, as long as we continue to keep our mind silent. If we focus on how we want to feel and how we are currently feeling, not what we want to think or do in order to feel better in the future, the universal mind will give us thoughts that increase the feeling we want to feel in the present moment. When we try to take over control we quickly exhaust, when we give direction and let the universe to the heavy lifting we are able to ride the wave so to say.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Master

So, how do you know what the right answer is to a question, say, you dont know how you feel about a person, then how do you come to clarity and separate any false feelings from the true?
Old 04-04-2017, 03:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie
So, how do you know what the right answer is to a question, say, you dont know how you feel about a person, then how do you come to clarity and separate any false feelings from the true?

This is the first question and once one answers it, the next question why. The way holds us back but I still believe the mind in it's concepts of self has many levels and we are talking about the higher self I think is a reality. It feels like a transcendent experience for sure. Was wondering, do you agree one must access the higher self before even considering this sort of equality. I see the question of communication the same as the one I have of talking directly to God. This is not any difference in it symbolism.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:43 PM
Master
You speak of silencing the mind. While I can see very well why the mind acts on more of a sense of purity- atleast my experience- and things and thoughts/feelings are or seem to be able to become clearer when attaining proper silence- I practice meditation I understand why silence is important in its own right, but I rather struggle with the idea or perspective at looking as the mind and therefore thoughts in this way.

I don't understand why spiritualism while silence is indeed important and I myself am well aware why- why spiritualism seems to dictate or adhere to an idea especially with meditation that thoughts are sort of an enemy or if not interrupt progress and that are a thing that needs to be stopped, repressed let go of, or simply not remotely listened to?

It seems like we continuously shove thoughts aside for the sake of silence? Do we all on a deep level wish to live in a sound proof box?

Your very words are simply thoughts. Just that thoughts. Further many refer to a universal consciousness. In some way or other. Many use different terms for it. Over-soul, spirit, oneness, god vastness, infinite, that which is eternal.
Many terms. Many thoughts. Why do we deny our thoughts our thinking our as humans way and being of communicating? In lieu of silence? Silence is a state of being a very perceptive state of being. I understand how it works that is not why I am asking. I am asking I suppose why we condemn it? Thoughts, thinking, our way of perceiving things? Why such emphasis on the silence?

I am always thinking. To be clear. It is called internal dialogue we all have it.
It is like walking into a grocery store and thinking what do I have to get again? Oh right yeah steak, potatoes, green beans, paper towels, napkins, laundry detergent....

Or another example.. What do I want to listen to? I don't know anymore, I'm pretty bored, maybe this band? Or another? Forget it maybe I will not listen to anything.

Or Am I insane? Why did I just say that? Or think it? What is so bad about what I just thought? Pay attention what are you saying to yourself? Yeah probably should stop thinking so negatively.

Anyway.. This music is getting on my nerves-band name- lord knows I love you but not right now dude.

I suppose I am wondering why spirituality has become what it has become? Silence is not a new concept generally speaking, or I don't feel it is, but why is it we deny and focus on such lack of thought so much as if it is considered bad.

To be honest, as weird as my own internal dialogue seems sometimes, to myself, and also I am sure others, it is with me during most of my days, I consider it a well met and old friend. Not an enemy of silence.

Kill the ego and the spirit prospers.

Like saying in a way, cut off one's nose to spare one's heart.

Strange. That's all I wanted to put out there I guess.
Old 24-06-2017, 08:25 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Quote:

You know by your emotional response to your thoughts on this person. Every thought you think has its counterpart in Source. If both are coherent, you'll feel good as a result of your thinking. If you feel bad, your thoughts were not congruent with Source' thoughts. It's an emotional feedback, telling on congruency of your every thought with Source. I see it as an electro-magnetic interchange which triggers physical response in the human body. Also, there's no way of cheating on your Self. Self withholds your full truth and will keep calling you on it continually. Which direction you are thinking to, from or to Self, is reflected by your emotional response.
Old 24-06-2017, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:

The feelings that come up without trying are the true ones, the feelings that come about in the present moment.

The right answer for now is always found in the present moment.
Old 24-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
You speak of silencing the mind. While I can see very well why the mind acts on more of a sense of purity- atleast my experience- and things and thoughts/feelings are or seem to be able to become clearer when attaining proper silence- I practice meditation I understand why silence is important in its own right, but I rather struggle with the idea or perspective at looking as the mind and therefore thoughts in this way.

I don't understand why spiritualism while silence is indeed important and I myself am well aware why- why spiritualism seems to dictate or adhere to an idea especially with meditation that thoughts are sort of an enemy or if not interrupt progress and that are a thing that needs to be stopped, repressed let go of, or simply not remotely listened to?

It seems like we continuously shove thoughts aside for the sake of silence? Do we all on a deep level wish to live in a sound proof box?

Your very words are simply thoughts. Just that thoughts. Further many refer to a universal consciousness. In some way or other. Many use different terms for it. Over-soul, spirit, oneness, god vastness, infinite, that which is eternal.
Many terms. Many thoughts. Why do we deny our thoughts our thinking our as humans way and being of communicating? In lieu of silence? Silence is a state of being a very perceptive state of being. I understand how it works that is not why I am asking. I am asking I suppose why we condemn it? Thoughts, thinking, our way of perceiving things? Why such emphasis on the silence?

I am always thinking. To be clear. It is called internal dialogue we all have it.
It is like walking into a grocery store and thinking what do I have to get again? Oh right yeah steak, potatoes, green beans, paper towels, napkins, laundry detergent....

Or another example.. What do I want to listen to? I don't know anymore, I'm pretty bored, maybe this band? Or another? Forget it maybe I will not listen to anything.

Or Am I insane? Why did I just say that? Or think it? What is so bad about what I just thought? Pay attention what are you saying to yourself? Yeah probably should stop thinking so negatively.

Anyway.. This music is getting on my nerves-band name- lord knows I love you but not right now dude.

I suppose I am wondering why spirituality has become what it has become? Silence is not a new concept generally speaking, or I don't feel it is, but why is it we deny and focus on such lack of thought so much as if it is considered bad.

To be honest, as weird as my own internal dialogue seems sometimes, to myself, and also I am sure others, it is with me during most of my days, I consider it a well met and old friend. Not an enemy of silence.

Kill the ego and the spirit prospers.

Like saying in a way, cut off one's nose to spare one's heart.

Strange. That's all I wanted to put out there I guess.

Silence doesn't mean no thoughts. When we consciously focus on silence, the thoughts still arise and are still there, we are just observing them in a different and non-attached way.

If you are listening and thoughts still arise then you are not thinking. It's like the difference between hearing and listening. the inner dialogue is always speaking, but we don't have to always listen. Hear it and focus on the breath anyways, eventually the inner dialogue quiets, then becomes symbolic and imagery without words, then (i haven't experienced it yet) its supposed to become pure silence. Expect to spend many years of dedicated practice before tasting pure silence.
Old 24-06-2017, 10:36 PM
Lorelyen

This is roughly what I've come to understand as "pure consciousness", something that took much practice to attain. It's the only way to allow communication of any sort from the world of Spirit
- what you call the Universal Mind.

I think the motives for achieving/using it depend on us individually.

Old 25-06-2017, 08:41 AM
Master
My dear one, you already have the answers to your own problems deep within your kind heart.

I read your posts...all of them. Sometimes your wisdom and insight is just so deep and profound, while other times you seem incredibly and hopelessly lost in your own mental chatter and it's difficult for me to understand just how such a wise and understanding soul such as yourself can let yourself be totally overcome by feelings of fear, hate and misery.

You can talk outwardly about communicating with the universal mind through love, but the next minute you tell it to eff off...it's making no sense to me, but then again it's probably not meant to.

Maybe you should try applying these teachings to yourself for a while and see how you go with that. I mean for heaven's sake, last week you were reminding me about my own Tantric path, saying "We rise by that which makes us fall" and this week, you are complaining about how much you are falling.

I mean, it's good that you're getting all of your angst and emotions out there, but go back and read your own posts for a while...identify with that being...that energy that's telling you all this honest and amazing stuff, because that's who you truly are! That is the Shivatar I know!

Let your relationship with the river go beyond your own mental constructs of it and instead of asking it to show you what you are, try asking it to show you what it is and after a while, let that become who you are!

This may be very hard for you to grasp right now...you may be fighting it all the way, but you are also the beloved and chosen of Lord Shiva and I have seen that. It may be very difficult for you to accept what is in your heart because your ego and mind won't let you.

Om Namah Shivaya