Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 23-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Master
Ah, I see. I have had much more intense conversations on the subject with people who are closer to me than folks on a forum.

I care not to debate semantics. There is goodness to be found in the teachings of Christ and that is what I stress to those devout Christians. They don't have to believe as I do they only need strive to emulate the goodness of Christ. That is where they gain my respect. It is not in their words but their actions.
Old 23-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Erato

Isn't the Unitarian Universalism Church (as in people) a representation of Interfaith?
Old 23-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Master
Copied and pasted this from my "Reflections Journal".

To believe in what Jesus lived and died for is to love and respect your fellow man. There is no superiority to be lorded over others in his name. For superiority is not what he taught. Christ did not place himself on a pedestal, he did not treat others as inferior and he did not ask to be worshiped. He asked that we be "The Good Samaritan", that we tend to the needs of the down trodden and that we show kindness even to our enemies. The sincerest form of worship is not done in buildings or books, it is through showing that the goodness, compassion and love he brought into this world did not die with him on the cross. That his ideals of brotherhood and respect for your fellow man will live on, as we strive to emulate him.

I strongly suggest you keep a "Reflections Journal". It is where I store the messages I have put a great deal of thought into, the things I want to remember and continue to pass on.

I also keep a "Words of Wisdom Journal" where I store the messages of others I encounter. Messages that are profound and worthy of repeating.
Old 23-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erato
Isn't the Unitarian Universalism Church (as in people) a representation of Interfaith?

The difference I found between the two concepts is Interfaith allows each to hold onto their own faith while Unitarian is a melding of them.
Old 30-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Pathfinder
[quote=002 Cents]Copied and pasted this from my "Reflections Journal".

To believe in what Jesus lived and died for is to love and respect your fellow man. There is no superiority to be lorded over others in his name. For superiority is not what he taught. Christ did not place himself on a pedestal, he did not treat others as inferior and he did not ask to be worshiped. He asked that we be "The Good Samaritan", that we tend to the needs of the down trodden and that we show kindness even to our enemies. The sincerest form of worship is not done in buildings or books, it is through showing that the goodness, compassion and love he brought into this world did not die with him on the cross. That his ideals of brotherhood and respect for your fellow man will live on, as we strive to emulate him.

i like this

val xx
Old 18-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Master
yes when you put it like that it's what it's all about
Old 14-08-2011, 05:10 PM
gentledove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumar
So far so good, how many followers are in it though?

Well, counting me it appears there are at least 4 of us now...a great start!~
Old 16-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Pathfinder

Their are several organizations dedicated to interfaith dialogue, each with quite a few followers. However, many persons of a spiritual awareness have resonated with the idea of interfaith dialogue for thousands and thousands of years. Recently it had been organized and given terminology but the idea is very universal in and of itself. Just as much as the desire to have freedoms and know self or God.