Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 27-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Master
I have a good friend who does paleo and it serves him well. My sister in law lost a ton of weight when she was on it, but she has some food issues, she will go all out on any diet and then goes off and will eat an entire pie, two gallons of ice cream, a pizza and balloon up again. I'll have to check out Rob Wolf. thanks!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:17 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
My sister in law lost a ton of weight when she was on it, but she has some food issues, she will go all out on any diet and then goes off and will eat an entire pie, two gallons of ice cream, a pizza and balloon up again. thanks!
This is the difference between being convinced that optimum-health is our best friend, our just doing things because we feel like we should...

Once we respect the integrity of our body, this magnificent interdependent coordination of perfection, that daily orchestrates balance and selective house-cleaning on a scale that we couldn't begin to fathom consciously... then out of pure respect and assistance, we then aline our habits as a helpful benefit to this process... in such case it's a win-win... we feel so much better physically, while our body can go about it's business in a most fluid and dynamic way...

But if we're just doing this to "look good" or for some other superficial reason then the process itself becomes something of a messy game, with no real anchor to hold it in place... our focus on health should be less about cultural whims and focused specifically on inner integrity... do so effectively and this roller coaster ride, that so many experience, will no longer be an issue... :^)
Old 08-04-2013, 05:24 AM
Master
Hey Stephen, I cooked up the Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta Gluten Free spaghetti today, and it was great! Cooks up just like regular and it's subtle - the flavor has more 'interest' - it's something I think I could stick with instead of regular pasta, and it didn't bother my stomach at all. I grilled some asparagus with a little coconut oil and it was nice with the pasta. I added butter and lemon pepper, yum.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:59 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Hey Stephen, I cooked up the Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta Gluten Free spaghetti today, and it was great! Cooks up just like regular and it's subtle - the flavor has more 'interest' - it's something I think I could stick with instead of regular pasta, and it didn't bother my stomach at all. I grilled some asparagus with a little coconut oil and it was nice with the pasta. I added butter and lemon pepper, yum.

Wonderful! You clearly have gluten issues, based on your past posts, and the further you can get away from the stuff the better your health should improve. I'm glad you're including coconut oil as well! My wife and I are slipping extra virgin coconut oil into our diet in various ways where we can. We cook with it, she actually puts it in her coffee (she's usually pretty picky but this method doesn't bother her :^) while I eat it directly, about two table spoons a day with a pinch of honey and two raisins at a time (yummy :^)...

The gluten free products are a handy way to transition out of the gluten saturated products but in the long run it's good to be cautious with those as well. http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/

The problems are the following:
–Rice starch (or brown rice starch)
–Tapioca starch
–Cornstarch
–Potato starch

I was looking through the gluten free product at our local co-op recently and sure-enough, these ingredients were abundant among these products.

William Davis, MD covers this specifically at this link
http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/05/eat-more-sugar/

Now that being said.... bravo again for your move away from gluten!! Getting our dietary habits back on track with healthy living is no easy task! But the rewards are so well worth it... keep moving in this direction and essentially all that ails you will one day be a thing of the past! :^)
Old 08-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Master
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Wonderful! You clearly have gluten issues, based on your past posts, and the further you can get away from the stuff the better your health should improve. I'm glad you're including coconut oil as well! My wife and I are slipping extra virgin coconut oil into our diet in various ways where we can. We cook with it, she actually puts it in her coffee (she's usually pretty picky but this method doesn't bother her :^) while I eat it directly, about two table spoons a day with a pinch of honey and two raisins at a time (yummy :^)...

The gluten free products are a handy way to transition out of the gluten saturated products but in the long run it's good to be cautious with those as well. http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/

The problems are the following:
–Rice starch (or brown rice starch)
–Tapioca starch
–Cornstarch
–Potato starch

I was looking through the gluten free product at our local co-op recently and sure-enough, these ingredients were abundant among these products.

William Davis, MD covers this specifically at this link
http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/05/eat-more-sugar/

Now that being said.... bravo again for your move away from gluten!! Getting our dietary habits back on track with healthy living is no easy task! But the rewards are so well worth it... keep moving in this direction and essentially all that ails you will one day be a thing of the past! :^)

Wow. It's very surprising that all those negative starches are in the supposedly good foods at your co-op! I am really happy that my stomach didn't mind the new noodles after all. God, the asparagus was so good.

Yes, I've been using coconut oil for a year or so, now. It's so good on almost anything - I've used it in my coffee, too. The coconut oil has a surprisingly smooth, light taste.
I've tried several different brands - all from vitacost.com, and the last jar I bought was a big one, vitacost's own brand and it's good, too. Barlean's, I think is one of the 16-oz jars I've bought in the past, along with Jarrow and a couple others. They all look and taste the same.

I love pretzels, but I'm not aware of any gluten free or are they already gluten free, Stephen?

Old 09-04-2013, 02:00 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Wow. It's very surprising that all those negative starches are in the supposedly good foods at your co-op! I am really happy that my stomach didn't mind the new noodles after all. God, the asparagus was so good.

I love pretzels, but I'm not aware of any gluten free or are they already gluten free, Stephen?

The health food stores can be every bit as problematic as any of the other commercial outlets! I volunteered at our co-op for a time as a stock clerk and was reading the labels as I was stocking the shelves... and though many of the ingredients were "better" in many ways, there were still hug holes as to purity in many products. Perhaps a much as 60% of what they carried could have easily been dispensed with. That's how complicated even the "health community" has become....! There is almost three quarters of an aisle dedicated to processed breakfast cereals, non of which I would eat myself or feed my children (if they were still dependent on me :^) Now I love that they're fully organic and local as to their produce selection... and they've eagerly begun a program to get rid of all the products with unhealthy chemicals in their skin care products.. so progress is being made in the right direction! :^)

I so hate sounding like a "purest", but the more one looks into this stuff, and the more one adapts to the rhythms of healthy dietary exposures, the more evident this problem becomes... If we're wanting to eat, in a way that doesn't make us sick, we have to work for it... the corporations that make and sell stuff are looking souly after their own interests... they're viewing us as just along for the ride...

As to pretzels .... Mary's makes a pretty good gluten free brand...
http://www.marysgonecrackers.com/your-products/pretzel-sticks/

I don't see any of the starches being used among the ingredients list of the one that I looked into... In fact Mary's is trying hard to get things as close to "right" as they can, while still making these kinds of processed products... :^)
Old 02-05-2013, 10:02 PM
shareunity

i love this thread!!! =]]]]]