Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-05-2017, 02:51 PM
Newbie ;)

Spiritual Significance

Hi,

To make a long story short, I'm going through a sad situation in which
my daughter rehomed their 2 year old dog to a good home, a friends home because he was getting aggressive with her daughter. I would have taken him, but we live right next store, and I thought it would be too complicated to have him with my granddaughter going back and forth. Now, I wish I would have at least tried because I was very close to him and miss him. I watched him often for them.

I'm a writer...a poet...a person who has had several spiritual experiences and my writing is a direct result of these experiences. I was at the library
and sitting in my favorite chair that looks out to the woods, writing. This was about 2:00 pm on a weekday. All of a sudden, a female deer came out of the woods and came up to the window, looked at me and then walked on by, seemingly going back into a neighborhood instead of the woodland. For some reason, I thought of a spiritual significance for that and looked it up online. I had never heard of a spiritual significance of deer, but something told me to look it up online and see. So I read a few things about the deer, and I would like an opinion. Being that I felt led to find out the spiritual significance of this encounter, do you think there is a reason behind why this happened? Opinions? If it was just a deer passing by, then why would I all of a sudden feel led to even think of a spiritual significance and try to find out about it....

Thanks. Any comments or insight would be appreciated.
Old 27-05-2017, 10:43 AM
Master
Unfortunate, that the dog was getting aggressive.

Check out this site ~ I really like it. You could also try the 'Signs & Synchronicities' section in the forum here :)
Old 27-05-2017, 11:34 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciaH
Hi,

To make a long story short, I'm going through a sad situation in which
my daughter rehomed their 2 year old dog to a good home, a friends home because he was getting aggressive with her daughter. I would have taken him, but we live right next store, and I thought it would be too complicated to have him with my granddaughter going back and forth. Now, I wish I would have at least tried because I was very close to him and miss him. I watched him often for them.

I'm a writer...a poet...a person who has had several spiritual experiences and my writing is a direct result of these experiences. I was at the library
and sitting in my favorite chair that looks out to the woods, writing. This was about 2:00 pm on a weekday. All of a sudden, a female deer came out of the woods and came up to the window, looked at me and then walked on by, seemingly going back into a neighborhood instead of the woodland. For some reason, I thought of a spiritual significance for that and looked it up online. I had never heard of a spiritual significance of deer, but something told me to look it up online and see. So I read a few things about the deer, and I would like an opinion. Being that I felt led to find out the spiritual significance of this encounter, do you think there is a reason behind why this happened? Opinions? If it was just a deer passing by, then why would I all of a sudden feel led to even think of a spiritual significance and try to find out about it....

Thanks. Any comments or insight would be appreciated.

Hello LuciaH, welcome to Spiritual Forums.

Everything has spiritual significance for the Higher Self, since everything has Spirit in it. The human mind often perceives very little of this. The key is in applying an attitude of appreciation freely to all of life, in order to attune to the Higher Self's understanding in the highest way.

Of course there is a reason why it occurred. All events have a karmic reason behind them, so to speak. Quite simply, when you were in the library you were in a peaceful, relaxed state of openness that allowed the event with the deer to occur. There is nothing special about this that is more magical or meaningful than any other event.

However, in this case, your "Higher Self" (or you could see it as "the universe," God, or whatever may suit you) found a simple way to get your attention in a powerful way, a way that would really get your attention and touch your heart, through influencing the deer to interact with you. These kinds of things happen more often than humans generally are aware, and many times people are not noticing that they are being watched by animals such as deer, thus missing out on an opportunity to receive a gift from Mother Nature.

Deer are very psychically sensitive animals that are actually quite empathic. They symbolize alertness, sensitivity to one's surroundings, grace and swift action, among other things. Those are some keywords that you may contemplate sometime, if you wish. Researching book definitions or meanings from other people is fine, yet the true significance is found in your own state of mind, in particular your state of mind right before, during and after the encounter with the deer. If you reflect or meditate upon this, a deep feeling of peace and understanding may arise in your awareness.

Beware the mind's tendency to take a highly "intellectual" approach to discovering meaning. There is no greater significance or meaning in life than found in a deep feeling of inner peace and well-being. True meaning is beyond the limitation of mere words. Quite simply, the purpose of the event with the deer was to help spur you to investigate your own spirituality deeper; its purpose and true significance was to help you to better understand you.

My deepest love and empathy to you and your family, including your beloved canine friend, and I hope that you really enjoy your visits here in this community.
Old 27-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for the replies

Martinet noir,

Thanks for letting me know about Signs and Synchronicities.
I'll check it out!

awareness,

Yes, what you express is very helpful and makes a lot of sense. I've had several spiritual/paranormal experiences over the past 15 years which is
why I became Christian. While the deer encounter that I explained might not seem like too much, it opens up a totally new type of experience for me. The way I see it, if it didn't mean anything at all, why would I even think to look it up. I saw an article about deer symbolism and it says when a deer crosses your path, it's often a sign not to be too hard on yourself. To still the voice of self critic and continue on your path, treating yourself with gentleness and kindness. To seek inner treasures and use them generously with those around me.

And that's exactly what I'm doing...being hard on myself about the dog. I had a chance to take him and work with him, but I thought it would be too complicated with my granddaughter living right next store, her coming back and forth all the time.

Thank you so much for your reply. So appreciated.

Lucia H.
Old 27-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for the replies

Martinet noir,

Thanks for letting me know about Signs and Synchronicities.
I'll check it out!

awareness,

Yes, what you express is very helpful and makes a lot of sense. I've had several spiritual/paranormal experiences over the past 15 years which is
why I became Christian. While the deer encounter that I explained might not seem like too much, it opens up a totally new type of experience for me. The way I see it, if it didn't mean anything at all, why would I even think to look it up. I saw an article about deer symbolism and it says when a deer crosses your path, it's often a sign not to be too hard on yourself. To still the voice of self critic and continue on your path, treating yourself with gentleness and kindness. To seek inner treasures and use them generously with those around me.

And that's exactly what I'm doing...being hard on myself about the dog. I had a chance to take him and work with him, but I thought it would be too complicated with my granddaughter living right next store, her coming back and forth all the time.

Thank you so much for your reply. So appreciated.

Lucia H.