Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 11-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Haha well unfortunately that isn't the way reality works.
I don't believe in fairies but their nonexistence is simply the way your reality works.

Uncoincidentally enough that's where all the strife in the world comes from.

Christians conveniently believe that whatever religion they grew up with just happens to be the most correct one. And Muslims, Jews are exactly the same, to name a few.

I am very curious in the definitive 'evidence' or proof of fairies but I won't try to tell another person that they are wrong.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFall
I don't believe in fairies but their nonexistence is simply the way your reality works.

Uncoincidentally enough that's where all the strife in the world comes from.

Christians conveniently believe that whatever religion they grew up with just happens to be the most correct one. And Muslims, Jews are exactly the same, to name a few.

I am very curious in the definitive 'evidence' or proof of fairies but I won't try to tell another person that they are wrong.

Where and when did I state that fairies don't exist, or that someone was wrong? In a previous post I in fact stated that their existence is a possibility. I am simply doing some personal research on this forum looking for something to substantiate the idea that fairies are real. My point in that statement that you quoted was that something doesn't exist simply because one believes it does.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:46 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Where and when did I state that fairies don't exist, or that someone was wrong? In a previous post I in fact stated that their existence is a possibility. I am simply doing some personal research on this forum looking for something to substantiate the idea that fairies are real. My point in that statement that you quoted was that something doesn't exist simply because one believes it does.
Sorry I was just trying to state a point ive realized in life, than to try to point fingers
Old 11-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFall
Sorry I was just trying to state a point ive realized in life, than to try to point fingers

Gotcha. Part of my intention here is to see what the hype is all about; the other part is to get people to question their own beliefs. "Why do I believe this? Is there something to substantiate this belief, or is it pure fantasy? How does it actually benefit my life? Is there a better way?"
Old 11-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Gotcha. Part of my intention here is to see what the hype is all about; the other part is to get people to question their own beliefs. "Why do I believe this? Is there something to substantiate this belief, or is it pure fantasy? How does it actually benefit my life? Is there a better way?"
I agree completely. Im trying to have unconditional love and patience for everyone but the thing that really bugs me out of this world is ignorant christians (i only say christians because i live in christian society). I ask them why they believe god is real

"He just is"

Kind of like appleheads. Why do you like iphones? "I just do". Why don't you use androids? "I just hate it". Why? "I just do. Apple is better but i don't know why".

I guess willful ignorance is my pet peeve.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:54 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I believe therefore it is I am the creator of my own reality, so if I say there are fairies, darn it, than there are fairies.

Haha! I couldn't agree more, Clover. In my experience that's EXACTLY how this works.

Quote:
Could you elaborate on your experience? What makes you believe these things are real and not just your imagination?

I'm trying to not sound conceited, but....experience.

I'm a fantasy writer, VinceField ;) I know the difference between fantasy and reality, probably better than most! I've had quite a few years of experience with psychic affairs and perceiving psychically is NOTHING like imagining plots, characters and worlds.

Imagination feels very different. When you imagine, it's just your own energy in there. Your creation is not that far off dead, in that it can't grow without your help and if you remove your energy from it, it fades away. The psychic worlds, on the other hand, are full of energy. Not just the sort from inspiration - MORE energy than my wee brain can take!

Psychic information can flow in consistently, over the course of hours, in such a way and at such an intensity that if I tried to do the same thing with my imagination, I'd be exhausted. I have tried. It's not possible for me.

Imagination actually takes effort. At least, it takes effort when you want to write publishable stories. It takes HOURS to build a complex character like..for example...my guide. Azrael. To create a character like him, of such complexity, you'd be looking at months of work, then a constant, conscious effort to keep him in character and to keep his motivation and behaviour consistent. That's hard work! Writing ain't for lazy ppl (or people who like sleep!) ;)

ANY fictional character evolves along with the plot. A plot is a series of linked events, one event building on the last. All characters evolve as they react to events and choose new events for themselves (in fact if they don't...you're probably doing it wrong LOL!) Fantasy characters grow like real people.

My guide, like all the lights beings I channel, never change at all. Not in years, no matter what you throw at them. They're solid, and far more loving and insightful than anything my well practised writers brain can come up with.

Put it this way; when I write, I put down on paper what I already know. When I channel, I learn all the things I DON'T know.

As for the experience itself, it's hard to describe. It's like sitting in a virtual cafe, on another planet, while still in this body. I can feel two worlds at once, one psychic and one physical. The faerie, or angel, or light being just talks as I would to a human being, and the words, sights, sounds etc...all flow in as though I'm dreaming while awake. No effort, no struggle, no moments of being stuck, waiting for inspiration. I rarely get tired. I can channel away all night and still be energised at 4am. You try that with writing and you wake up feeling hung over, LOL!

You'd have to feel it for yourself. It's impossible to convince someone who doesn't feel the same thing that your experience is "real."
Old 12-03-2016, 01:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
Haha! I couldn't agree more, Clover. In my experience that's EXACTLY how this works.

I'm trying to not sound conceited, but....experience.

I'm a fantasy writer, VinceField ;) I know the difference between fantasy and reality, probably better than most! I've had quite a few years of experience with psychic affairs and perceiving psychically is NOTHING like imagining plots, characters and worlds.

Imagination feels very different. When you imagine, it's just your own energy in there. Your creation is not that far off dead, in that it can't grow without your help and if you remove your energy from it, it fades away. The psychic worlds, on the other hand, are full of energy. Not just the sort from inspiration - MORE energy than my wee brain can take!

Psychic information can flow in consistently, over the course of hours, in such a way and at such an intensity that if I tried to do the same thing with my imagination, I'd be exhausted. I have tried. It's not possible for me.

Imagination actually takes effort. At least, it takes effort when you want to write publishable stories. It takes HOURS to build a complex character like..for example...my guide. Azrael. To create a character like him, of such complexity, you'd be looking at months of work, then a constant, conscious effort to keep him in character and to keep his motivation and behaviour consistent. That's hard work! Writing ain't for lazy ppl (or people who like sleep!) ;)

ANY fictional character evolves along with the plot. A plot is a series of linked events, one event building on the last. All characters evolve as they react to events and choose new events for themselves (in fact if they don't...you're probably doing it wrong LOL!) Fantasy characters grow like real people.

My guide, like all the lights beings I channel, never change at all. Not in years, no matter what you throw at them. They're solid, and far more loving and insightful than anything my well practised writers brain can come up with.

Put it this way; when I write, I put down on paper what I already know. When I channel, I learn all the things I DON'T know.

As for the experience itself, it's hard to describe. It's like sitting in a virtual cafe, on another planet, while still in this body. I can feel two worlds at once, one psychic and one physical. The faerie, or angel, or light being just talks as I would to a human being, and the words, sights, sounds etc...all flow in as though I'm dreaming while awake. No effort, no struggle, no moments of being stuck, waiting for inspiration. I rarely get tired. I can channel away all night and still be energised at 4am. You try that with writing and you wake up feeling hung over, LOL!

You'd have to feel it for yourself. It's impossible to convince someone who doesn't feel the same thing that your experience is "real."

Wow, thanks for that description! Don't want to take the thread too off topic, but I'd be interested to hear how you began channeling. I'd also be interested to hear if any of the information you receive, assuming it's actually coming from another entity, has been confirmed or validated.
Old 26-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Experiencer

When I was a kid, it was common practice for the tooth fairy to put a quarter under your pillow. I remember telling my mom that I wanted to see the tooth fairy. My mom went out and bought some material and told me that once she made the tooth fairy an outfit that she would appear including a magic wand. The outfit looked similar to what Tinkerbell would wear. Shortly thereafter the tooth fairy appeared in my bedroom in human form and looked like Tinkerbell. I was going to say something but she put her finger over her mouth to quiet me and told me to go back to sleep which I did.

No one would believe me when I said that the tooth fairy appeared in human form. Good and lively imagination was what people told me. No one in the family remembers my mother going to a fabric shop (I was with her and remember this very vividly) and buying material and no one remembers her making the outfit for the tooth fairy. My mom gave me a blank look or looked at me like I was crazy and wouldn't admit one way or another.

Could this have been a fairy in human form? The whole thing is rather strange.
Old 28-03-2016, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator
I believe Faeries are real, having met some lovely Creature when out of body on one occasion. This Being was fascinating and amazing, gentle, curious about me, but shy.
That was a real eye-opener for sceptical old me at the time!
Old 28-03-2016, 02:52 AM
Knower
yes, they are.

― Miles Kington