Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 30-10-2010, 07:01 PM
RainbowAlchemist

problems with oils

Has anyone else bought Young Living essential oils and had a problem with an
"off" smelling scent? I bought a gift for a dear friend and we found that one particular , but actually maybe 2 of the bottles didn't smell very good! We called them to inquire and received a curt message to the effect that " all these scents affect and/or smell differently on each individual person" . Essentially they would not do anything to right the situationor offer a plausilble reason why the stuff was bad. Is this other pepople's experience? Or was the rep just a "bad egg"?
Old 30-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Master
I guess it would help to know what they were specifically supposed to smell like? Were they supposed to be flowery or citrusy or ? If they are nondescrpt about what they are supposed to smell like, it would be hard to hold them liable. I guess if they won't give yor money back, you need to find some different source...?

Old 30-10-2010, 07:23 PM
glenos

Madini oils are a bit good.
Old 30-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I'm not crazy about Young Living - I had purchased from there, but as far as I'm concerned it is all about the 'corporate ladder' and making extravagant costs.

I buy from reputable sellers on eBay (I had listed them here but can't due to the direct commercial link - but you can find their links in my site's Links page) as well as Nature's Gift (which has some really hard to find oils such as Labdanum in dilution).

I did come across a wholesale company based in India which, although the shipping is pricey - I am willing to try to purchase from them because it would be more cost effective for me in the long run. I can get 50 ml of undiluted Labdanum and then dilute it down which would last me quite a few years. I liken the purchase to getting Lasik surgery - yeah it costs a lot to start - but then you're not paying for contact lenses (mine cost $60 for the two boxes) and then all the contact solution, etc.

I won't be doing this until December though - and if it does go ok, I will make a note. I'm just going to ask why shipping is so much before I put the order in (I've done that with other companies and they've agreed to knock down the shipping several dollars for small packages that are lightweight).
Old 31-10-2010, 03:10 PM
LightFilledHeart

Hi Kapitan

I'm with you on Young Living Oils. Their whole organization has a very weird vibe. I don't think the quality of their oils is that much better than anyone else's at this stage (IF it ever was!) and I think the whole idea of their using that excuse (premium quality product) to justify their high prices is pure hype. I don't like the "guru" vibe of their owner/founder either. They almost worship him like the second coming! In fact (and I hesitate to say this, because I have no wish to offend anyone!) their entire organization is a bit heavy-handed on the whole Christiosity thing. When I buy essential oils, I want consistent quality at a fair price... I don't want a "message" (overt or implied...!) as part of the package! I recently had a bad experience with them in terms of some oils that had gone off and did not smell right, so from here on out I will be taking my business elsewhere.

As for the exhorbitant shipping costs of the firm you mention in India, vendors routinely tack on large shipping and "handling" costs to their products by way of upping the price of said item without actually saying that's what they're doing. I have seen items offered through the mail that cost five dollars and they want an additional fifteen in shipping and handling...! Mind you these items were small, light weight and not fragile or in need of special packing.

I don't purchase on ebay... is there another source you can recommend?

Last edited by LightFilledHeart : 31-10-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 31-10-2010, 11:59 PM
RainbowAlchemist

ty for the input all
Old 01-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Kapitan_Prien

LightFilledHeart - There's several non-eBay places that I could give to you although they are more expensive than the eBay sellers, they aren't anywhere near as bad as the YL.

They are: Aromapure and Nature's Gift. The nice thing with Nature's Gift is that you can request free samples of their oils before you buy them. I did that not long ago and it's a great way to test to see if you'd like an oil before buying one.

There is another one: Mountain Rose Herbs (their prices aren't too bad either).

And another: anabellsescentials (got to Google that). I had to go through My eBay as she also sells on eBay to find her site.

Another thing you can do is simply Google the oil you're looking for, in Google Shopping, and you can find oils that way that shouldn't cost too much. I frequently use Google Shopping.

By the way - I agree with your post on YL oils.

Last edited by Kapitan_Prien : 01-11-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:51 PM
glenos

As already mentioned 'Madini Oils'.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:16 PM
LightFilledHeart

Hi Kapitan!

There's several non-eBay places that I could give to you although they are more expensive than the eBay sellers, they aren't anywhere near as bad as the YL.

They are: Aromapure and Nature's Gift. The nice thing with Nature's Gift is that you can request free samples of their oils before you buy them. I did that not long ago and it's a great way to test to see if you'd like an oil before buying one.

There is another one: Mountain Rose Herbs (their prices aren't too bad either).

And another: anabellsescentials (got to Google that). I had to go through My eBay as she also sells on eBay to find her site.

Another thing you can do is simply Google the oil you're looking for, in Google Shopping, and you can find oils that way that shouldn't cost too much. I frequently use Google Shopping.

Great suggestions... thank you! I have copy pasted the info and saved for furture use. Much appreciated!

By the way - I agree with your post on YL oils.[/quote]

And yet some buy into the hype and will purchase nothing else! To each his or her own, I guess

Thanks again!
Old 01-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Sure thing Light. *wink*

I'm not the type that can be 'bought' by all of this 'pushing' of a company's product. If anything it pushes me away.