Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 11-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmond
When I first came across flat earth theories and communities I was very eager to know more about it. I was in a process of collecting information and knowledge, and of course a lot of things that was getting may way daily was just pure out of this world material. There was a constant reminder to keep my mind open to anything, and also to use my common sense. However all of you know, that it takes time, and a lot of pieces of the same truth before one can start seeing the bigger picture, and successfully sift through what is real and what is not. ...

Yes, out of all those beliefs, flat earthers are the most abusive and try to demand everyone to believe
Old 12-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I consider myself to be a flat earther and would like to discuss the arguments or answer anyones questions regarding why I feel like the earth is flat. I don't believe that every flat earth believer is inherently rude or abrasive. :)
Old 12-07-2017, 11:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titortastic
I consider myself to be a flat earther and would like to discuss the arguments or answer anyones questions regarding why I feel like the earth is flat. I don't believe that every flat earth believer is inherently rude or abrasive. :)
I absolutely do not understand why anyone in this day and age would seriously believe the earth is flat...
Figuring the curvature of the earth....ie..spherical is simple high school level mathematics. .
The few people I've talked to in person who seriously believe this seemed mentally ill. ..

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 13-07-2017, 12:23 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
I absolutely do not understand why anyone in this day and age would seriously believe the earth is flat...
Figuring the curvature of the earth....ie..spherical is simple high school level mathematics. .
The few people I've talked to in person who seriously believe this seemed mentally ill. ..
That's a good point. But even high school mathematics quote that the earths curvature is 8 inches per mile squared by the distance. So if the earth is 24,901 miles in circumference the Suez Canal that stretches over 100 miles in length. At the center point of between the Mediterranean and the Red Sea would approximately be 1,666 feet above the points at either end. The Canal has no locks and does not account for any type of curvature. Also when railways were designed, they were not designed to account for the curvature of the earth. The railways are created based on a flat plane for the entirety of its length. Pilots also do not have to account for curvature when flying a plane, most say that the plane does this automatically but the level never seems to change no matter the distance.

It is quite simply natural to knee jerk reaction to anything that challenges your belief. I too made the arguments for a sphere earth and the more I looked into it the more I couldn't prove it was spherical any more than I could prove the earth is flat....but all of my research seems to imply that the earth is a flat plane and not a giant globe rotating at so many miles per hour that the sun is also moving at its own speed rotating in the galaxy at approximately 515,000 mph through space.
Old 13-07-2017, 12:23 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
That's a good point. But even high school mathematics quote that the earths curvature is 8 inches per mile squared by the distance. So if the earth is 24,901 miles in circumference the Suez Canal that stretches over 100 miles in length. At the center point of between the Mediterranean and the Red Sea would approximately be 1,666 feet above the points at either end. The Canal has no locks and does not account for any type of curvature. Also when railways were designed, they were not designed to account for the curvature of the earth. The railways are created based on a flat plane for the entirety of its length. Pilots also do not have to account for curvature when flying a plane, most say that the plane does this automatically but the level never seems to change no matter the distance.

It is quite simply natural to knee jerk reaction to anything that challenges your belief. I too made the arguments for a sphere earth and the more I looked into it the more I couldn't prove it was spherical any more than I could prove the earth is flat....but all of my research seems to imply that the earth is a flat plane and not a giant globe rotating at so many miles per hour that the sun is also moving at its own speed rotating in the galaxy at approximately 515,000 mph through space.
Old 13-07-2017, 05:58 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:

If you read my posts from the beginning, you could see I already tried to convince my flat-earther friend that he's mistaken, but that was a waste of time.

In this 3D-reality of illusion you cannot prove 100% anything. For instance, science has theories and hypothesis which by their very own definitions are things that can not be 100% proven. A theory, no matter how sound, can never prove nor disprove anything. You cannot prove anything with something that in of itself has not been proven. Sure, a scientist can provide the results of his experiment as a proof, but how do you know he is truthful?

People may have an agenda forcing them to lie, fabricate an evidence or tamper with the existing one, so there is always a doubt.

If you think you can use your 3D human sensors to prove something to be 100% true, you are mistaken. Check, for instance, below videos to see that you cannot trust even your own eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb_-a9I_fto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuT8lJmr7pA

So, how do you know that you see a flat line when you watch horizon :) ?

In this reality the only option left is to use your intuition and see if something resonates with your gut feeling and, if yes, start believing in it.

If you decided to subscribe to this spiritual forum, you most likely started awakening as many others. Those who initiated the Flat Earth psyop wanted to distract you from using your thoughts and energy to help yourself and others return back to 5D-realm where you will know the real truth.
Old 13-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Guide
Quote:

Railways arnt created as a solid mile-long block of metal. Metal bends, wood bends.

Please explain time differences, why is one side of the world dark when the other is lit.

Why is there a horizon? We can only see a certain amount miles into the distance on a crystal clear day.

Why cant we see across an ocean with a telescope?

A plane flying overhead goes into the horizon. Is every plane crashing into the ground?

Why doesnt the eifel tower cast a shadow across the globe when the sun is low?

Shall i continue? Teach us if all current info is wrong. Or will u admit why you believe this?
Old 13-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Experiencer

Hi All,

The following are a couple of well done documentaries on the subject:

Flat Earth In Five Minutes

An Entertaining Look At The Controversy Surrounding The Flat Earth

Cheers!
Old 13-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avadar
Hi All,

The following are a couple of well done documentaries on the subject:

Flat Earth In Five Minutes

An Entertaining Look At The Controversy Surrounding The Flat Earth

Cheers!

Oh Brother!!! (rolling my eyes) All i'm going to say is that i've been around the world...several times....it is demonstrably round!

Oh my God!!! I can't stand this stupidity!!!.........AAAAHHHHH..... I'm leaving this thread and NOT coming back!!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 13-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Oh Brother!!! (rolling my eyes) All i'm going to say is that i've been around the world...several times....it is demonstrably round!

Oh my God!!! I can't stand this stupidity!!!.........AAAAHHHHH..... I'm leaving this thread and NOT coming back!!!

You have every right to decide to not participate in this conversation, but please refrain from using abusive or assaulting language.

@Titortastic

>>That's a good point. But even high school mathematics quote that the earths curvature is 8 inches per mile squared by the distance. So if the earth is 24,901 miles in circumference the Suez Canal that stretches over 100 miles in length. At the center point of between the Mediterranean and the Red Sea would approximately be 1,666 feet above the points at either end. The Canal has no locks and does not account for any type of curvature. Also when railways were designed, they were not designed to account for the curvature of the earth. The railways are created based on a flat plane for the entirety of its length. Pilots also do not have to account for curvature when flying a plane, most say that the plane does this automatically but the level never seems to change no matter the distance.

It is quite simply natural to knee jerk reaction to anything that challenges your belief. I too made the arguments for a sphere earth and the more I looked into it the more I couldn't prove it was spherical any more than I could prove the earth is flat....but all of my research seems to imply that the earth is a flat plane and not a giant globe rotating at so many miles per hour that the sun is also moving at its own speed rotating in the galaxy at approximately 515,000 mph through space.<<

I have a respect for you for having courage to talk about your beliefs even when usually it seames you encounter only ridicule. It is no different when talking about extraterrestrials or perhaps hollow Earth. I also command you on your dedication to have a constructive debate.

Now, I have noticed that Flat Earth believers often use sort of a science or mathematical equations to try and prove the flatness of the Earth. Most of the people do not have a lot of knowledge to understand this without doing any calculations, or are not even capable of doing this themselves. For example, what you said about curvature of the Earth and Suez Canal, was this something you measured and calculated yourself or did it came from someone else? You see, I would very gladly go and measure such things, to verify it myself, but most often then not I don't have the patience or motivation. But have you done the calculations yourself, and have you considered that, there might be other factors you are missing or not taking into account? Now, in contrast to this fact, that a lot of Flat Earth proofs seem to have some sort of mathematical technicalities to them, then there are facts as the next one you mentioned, which in my opinion show exactly how a lot of people lack common sense. You mention that railroad tracks are not build with round Earth in mind, and are instead flat, like they were meant for flat earth. You see, this fact, here is completely irrelevant, and shows lack of common sense. The Earth is so big, that despite it being round, if you take a small peace of land on it, it will still be almost completely flat. There is no need for railroad tracks to be round, since the consist of many smaller pieces of tracks put together, which can be perfectly flat. At every joint they put the tracks together there might be a very small percent of them not fitting completely but at an angle, but this is so small it has no relevance, but over long distance it accounts for a curvature. They don't even have to measure this, it happens naturally. Just like you can inflate a balloon, then take an old CD and cut it into tiny pieces and try to glue them onto the balloon. If you make pieces small enough you will have no trouble gluing them all over the balloon and cover the balloon whole with them. Off-course the size comparison are not the same, since if a balloon is earth then one small piece of the CD most likely resembles a very large island, but in theory its still works the same. You will see that you were able to put piece by piece of a CD all over the balloon (if you have many CD's to spare) and completely cover the balloon and make a sort of a disco light. It will not be completely smooth, but it will work, even though the pieces are completely flat and balloon is round. The smaller the pieces of a CD you cut, the nicer they would fit together. If you went really small, like only 1mm in size of a CD piece, the surface of balloon would be almost smooth. Even at 1mm, that little pieces is still flat. The same is with railroads. The thing is most people do have the capability to imagine something like that by themselves. It is the ability by which human beings differ from other beings. We can imagine and create scenarios or designs in our head, even though we never experienced this beforehand, we can still calculate how it might turn out. When someone tells me that the Earth is flat because we use flat railroad tracks, this tells me, that for some reason they failed in trying to use this ability beforehand, and they simple just accepted something to be true, because hey it does make certain sense yes. The tracks are indeed flat.

The same goes with planes. Flat Earth people seem to believe that if the Earth would be round the planes would just fly off into the space. Even high up in the sky, when driving in a fast speed vehicle like plane is, the distance you cover would still seem pretty flat, despite the Earth's roundness, because once again, the planet we live on is big. The little adjustments needed in order to stay on the same level or height are so minuscule, that pilots do not even have to acknowledged them. They do not have to keep the nose down all the time, in order to stay on the same height. For the whole duration of the flight they seem to fly perfectly straight. They have measurement devices on the planes which reads the height, and they pay attention to those because there are strict laws on which height you have to fly, so they tilt the plane in whichever way they need to in order to stay on the same height. But it is not something that has to be done all the time and very thoroughly. It takes just a mm of puling on the flight stick in order to keep the plane circling on the same height.