Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 16-06-2017, 09:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Lowe
Here's a copy of the whole idea I posted. I haven't fleshed it out much further. This is just a deposit of what was in my head on the day I wrote it. I'd only developed the idea in my head for a few months before.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In answer in Quora to:
"What are some examples of strange thinkings of people?"

Here’s one I made up myself.

The 4th physical dimension.

Look at the first 3 physical dimensions from a Cartesian perspective. x, y, and z on the graph. Each dimension measures a unique quantity that follows these 3 rules.

I think you mead 'Euclidean'.

Quote:
1. It cannot be represented by any other dimensional quantity.
2. It must connect with all other dimensions at point zero.
3. It is infinitely increasable and decreasable.

Well, there’s a 4th directional physical dimension that fits all those rules but cannot be represented by x, y or z. I.e. it cannot be represented by left/right, up/down, or here/there.

This 4th physical dimension intersects with the other 3 physical dimensions at point zero.

This 4th physical dimension is infinitely increasable and decreasable.

Finally, this 4th physical dimension is not abstract. It exists and can be measured and observed just as much as the other dimensions can.

So, what is the 4th physical dimension? I’d love to show you but I don’t know how to represent it on a 2D screen or piece of paper. So, I’ll try to define it with words.

I call this dimension the in/out dimension. Lets say point zero is you. There is left and right of you (x), up and down from you (y) and here and there from you (z). Likewise there is inwards and outwards from you (io).

Can io be observed? Yes. Positive addition leads to the universe around you. Negative subtraction leads to the inner universe within you.

Can this be applied to other points in space? Yes. Imagine an atom. Positive io goes through elements, molecular chemical connections, materials, space and eventually the whole universe and beyond. Negative io lead to subatomic particles, quantum probability fields, superstrings or similarly abstract substrate and eventually right down to zero point/Planck level and infinitely deeper.

Imagine the scene from Ant Man where the guy can’t stop shrinking. He’s just moving along the io dimension.

Ok, before people cry loony tunes, let me point out that all dimensions are to some degree arbitrary. As long as they can be used as a model to predict what is observed consistently enough, then we believe that the real universe fits the model (until something contradicts the model and we’re forced to remodel). I’m just throwing one more dimension into the mix.

What is the potential of modelling the universe in 4 physical dimensions?

Well, for starters it isn’t just a meaningless mapping of coordinates that lead everywhere and nowhere at the same time, as x, y and z do. So what if there are other planets, other galaxies and other universes. So what? It’s just more of the same stuff. Boooorrringg!

But, travelling along the io dimension is truly amazing. Travel out from point zero and you become increasingly complex and vast. Travel in and you become increasingly simple and singular. Unlike religions where you have to sacrifice (often literally) the outside world in order to travel towards the inner world, with the io physical dimension, at no point are you ever disconnected as long as you travel along the dimensional line. And since there are infinite points in the universe there are also infinite intersections between all dimensions, so you always remain connected. No need to sacrifice the outside world no matter how far down the rabbit hole you dive. The second you’re not comfortable with it, you’re back where you started. Nothing lost.

So, the io physical dimension allows feelings and spirituality to be incorporated into science. Without that fundamental acceptance and understanding of how feelings and spirituality (i.e. self reality) intersect with the universe around us, we are effectively blind to them. Feelings have no meaning in the x,y,z world. Nor does the self or spirituality. It creates a clockwork orange of a universe no less horrible than the story by the same name. But because it is actually real and is everywhere we go, we can’t abandon this reality absolutely. It still gnaws away at us challenging us to improve our view (or maybe “in prove” our view).

The other thing I like about this io dimensional view is it ties in perfectly with quantum mechanics. Actually, it leads to stronger mathematics that can open up quantum physics so that everyone can understand it easily.

Personally I think quantum physics could and should be taught in preschool. It’s that easy to understand if you acknowledge the existence of the io dimension.

Interesting idea - but not sure if one could model it geometrically or describe it mathematically.
Old 16-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Pathfinder
You may enjoy this video, Aaron. It seems relevant to your ideas. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjsgoXvnStY
Modern Shaman. Sorceress. Energy worker. Astral, out-of-body, dream traveler. Truth-seeker. Reality augmenter. Spirit worker. Ethereal warrior. Shapeshifter. Middle Path walker. That crazy woman with all the wild stories. Proud flyer of the Freak banner.

See you on the flipside, baby.
Old 16-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Interesting idea - but not sure if one could model it geometrically or describe it mathematically.

I would have assumed that the maths is relatively simple (just not my area of expertise). All a dimension is in math is a number. There are no limits on the quantities of dimensions that can be modelled.
Old 16-06-2017, 05:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHoleSun
You may enjoy this video, Aaron. It seems relevant to your ideas. :)

Thanks, that as interesting, but it seems my idea is heading in a different direction. I'm not attempting to explain ever increasingly complicated systems, but trying to connect ourselves to the system we find ourselves in.

Somehow, the more we look into higher dimensions, like those in the youtube video, we get further and further away from the individual. I challenge that and ask, does it have to be that way? And the answer I've found is, no, it doesn't. We choose it to be that way.

What are the consequences of building models that further and further separate the the universe we are in from our internal reality? The consequences I see are suffering and a reduction in the perceived value of life.

It seems that, in this disjointed model of the universe we have made for ourselves, that increasingly the only way to be effective is to further and further reduce your horizons as everything else gets forever bigger. This imprisons and disempowers the individual and disenfranchises them from the universe around them. Somehow we have enslaved ourselves and our ways of thinking within the limited models we draw.

I'm not sure that my idea would be any less enslaving, but it is an attempt to think again everything we assume we know, within the context of dimensions.
Old 16-06-2017, 06:25 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
... Can io be observed? Yes. Positive addition leads to the universe around you. Negative subtraction leads to the inner universe within you. ...
I understand that you are excited :)

A couple of observations:
  1. The universe around you is the 3D universe, so there's really no other dimension out.
  2. The inner universe you're talking about is the consciousness dimension, so there's really no other dimension in.

I think it is more a question of fitting our lack of knowledge and understanding of and into the infinite universe.
Old 16-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
I understand that you are excited :)

A couple of observations:
  1. The universe around you is the 3D universe, so there's really no other dimension out.
  2. The inner universe you're talking about is the consciousness dimension, so there's really no other dimension in.

I think it is more a question of fitting our lack of knowledge and understanding of and into the infinite universe.

My point is that dimensions are completely arbitrary ways we choose to measure stuff but what we choose effects how we perceive things. The 3D universe you refer to is a model many other people have agreed on over the years. It has been a useful model because it allows us to predict a lot of physical things, but it's limitation is it somehow separates us from the universe around us.
Old 17-06-2017, 03:45 AM
Master

Can you guys tell me from what premise or knowledge, do you come to your understanding of dimensions and universes.

---------------------
"DEFINITION OF PREMISE" previous statement or proposition from which another is inferred or follows as a conclusion."if the premise is true, then the conclusion must be true"
---------------------
What makes you believe that there is more than one universe that must be housing different parts of our being :-ie, as in a 3D universe for us, & a different universe for spiritual bodies, and or a conscious universe as someone here is refering to...as for the 'soul'.

Inner universe....outer universe....dimensions....looking forward to a reply...ta Neil.
Old 17-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Master
Quote:
I would have assumed that the maths is relatively simple (just not my area of expertise). All a dimension is in math is a number. There are no limits on the quantities of dimensions that can be modelled.

Well, a dimension basically defines freedom of motion (1D allows 2 directions of motion... etc.), and can't be numerically valued unless a finite distance is specified, which necessitates a relationship between at least 2 points. When 2 points are specified we could assign the numeric value, 1.
Old 17-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi, I've cooked up another dimension and want to see if it's plausible by running it passed a physicist and mathematician.

It's a 4th physical dimension. Could have implications for marrying spirituality with science (hence why I came here).

Wish me luck

i have come to understand that 4th dimensionality is "nonstable", and acts
as a bridge between 3D and 5D realities. the 4th dimension is where AP
exists, and where imagination is real. the 5th dimension reality might
involve an 'unfolding' of the time dimension, where we'll need to rethink
our notions of cause and effect since those quantities aren't based on a
linear progression to time.
Old 17-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i have come to understand that 4th dimensionality is "nonstable", and acts
as a bridge between 3D and 5D realities. the 4th dimension is where AP
exists, and where imagination is real. the 5th dimension reality might
involve an 'unfolding' of the time dimension, where we'll need to rethink
our notions of cause and effect since those quantities aren't based on a
linear progression to time.

Yes, it might seem that way when looking at classical 4D. I'm postulating something new (or old that isn't widely recognised).