Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 09-12-2017, 03:03 AM
traceyacey12

Is anyone able to draw tarot cards?

Hi, is anyone able to draw tarot cards? Intuitive and non-intuitive alike (if that's the word for it?)
Old 09-12-2017, 03:09 AM
Deactivated Account

Are you asking for a reading? We do have a reading section were there are tarot readers and intuitive readers, you can request there but it will be visible after 25 posts and two weeks after being a member.( All new members go through a mini sign up probation)

This area specifically are for tarot games. Everyone posting usually has their own deck of cards and play with one another, mainly for feed back and to improve their tarot skills
Old 09-12-2017, 04:27 AM
Master

And if you're asking if any old regular gumby can do tarot, the answer is yes. It can be a learned skill - and you may find you improve your intuition with practice too :)
Old 09-12-2017, 04:52 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
And if you're asking if any old regular gumby can do tarot, the answer is yes. It can be a learned skill - and you may find you improve your intuition with practice too :)

Thanks! And no, I'm not asking for a reading. Sorry I wasn't clear. What if you didn't have to learn and you just draw cards that make sense without much practice -- what does that mean?
Old 09-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Master

Someone like that would simply have a better grasp of intuition.

The way it was explained to me, cards, runes, stones, water - anything, really - is a tool to help facilitate intuition. Some people take to one kind of divination tool over the other in the same way some people prefer chocolate ice cream over vanilla. It's just a matter of style/preference.

Using divination tools is kind of like training wheels on a bicycle - theoretically we're not meant to need it at all, but most of us find we need a little help at least some of the time
Old 09-12-2017, 10:16 AM
Master
Sometimes people who don't know anything about the cards' interpretation come up with very insightful readings.
My friend was intrigued by my Lenormand cards, knew nothing about them, but the stuff she came up with was astounding and spot on. Then she bought the deck, started reading and using the booklet for interpretation. Then she was still good, but I noticed she'd limited herself to the booklet. When she was using her own intuition, her readings were better, more visceral.

I used to also regularly ask my then partner what he felt a card meant. We both enjoyed that. And whether it was Tarot, Lenormand, or oracle cards, his interpretations were always wonderful and insightful. I always wrote them down in my book, hihi.

So yes, someone can do readings without learning much. I do think they'd be overwhelmed by larger spreads. But some 3-5 cards, yes, very doable.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:02 PM
traceyacey12

thanks everyone!