Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 22-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Newbie ;)

Temporal Lobe Epilepsy ~ where science and spirituality meet.

Hello my name is Tonya and I am writing from Maine. I am hoping to connect with other members here with seizures disorders, as well as anyone else who is interested in the subject matter that is ....me. I myself have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy as well as Geschwind's syndrome and synesthesia. Although I intend to explain all this as I go, a quick google on said conditions is useful. This is my first official post here and I hope to meet others who might be having the same experiences I am these days. Its a brave and exciting new world out there and I hope through my story to begin an open and respectful dialogue concerning the debate surrounding my diagnosis. In so doing open the way for love and synchronize with some much needed spiritual guidance and friendship.

I'll look forward to hearing from you...
Thanks ~ Tonya
Old 22-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Master
I have synesthesia occasionally but that is all of the listed things. I view it as a psychic ability or Extra Sensory Perception.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:53 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadee
Hello my name is Tonya and I am writing from Maine. I am hoping to connect with other members here with seizures disorders, as well as anyone else who is interested in the subject matter that is ....me. I myself have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy as well as Geschwind's syndrome and synesthesia. Although I intend to explain all this as I go, a quick google on said conditions is useful. This is my first official post here and I hope to meet others who might be having the same experiences I am these days. Its a brave and exciting new world out there and I hope through my story to begin an open and respectful dialogue concerning the debate surrounding my diagnosis. In so doing open the way for love and synchronize with some much needed spiritual guidance and friendship.

I'll look forward to hearing from you...
Thanks ~ Tonya

So are you into spiritual things like meditation etc.? If so.....what does it do for you? I would be a bet careful not to trigger more seizures but maybe it helps a lot.
Old 29-09-2017, 05:51 AM
Guide

Hi Tonya

Yes I have heard about this, really interesting stuff! Anthony Peak's has done some work on this subject, might be someone to look into for you ;-)
Old 06-10-2017, 03:28 PM
Pathfinder

It does seem curious the many names that we give to that which we don't understand. Even "spirituality" is a rather meaningless when we try to explain exactly what we mean by it, but it is an acceptable term that means all things to all men.
Basically the brain that we have inherited, under the direction of the mind, is designed to produce the correct chemical substances to activate the body.
For most of the population this is the case and life exists in an orderly fashion albeit effected by greed and selfishness.
For some however this process has hiccupped and the brains development has included a wiring variation. This variation causes effects unique to the brains body. We are all capable of having wiring variation and in fact that is how we are designed. The mind being the executive program running countless subroutines which facilitate our existence can change the wiring networks as required. Our creation is not stagnant it insists that we develop our potential and all of us will eventually experience phenomena that we can only dream of now with our present understanding. What we have to be is calm sensible and constructive with any "gift" that we find ourselves with.
Old 24-10-2017, 10:53 AM
Suspended

Inspirational Speakers in Mumbai

Hii

The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.