Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 22-05-2017, 04:44 PM
Knower

What does Authentic synchronicity look like?

What can actually be considered synchronicity and what is the difference between a 'sign' and a 'synchronicity'?

If synchronicty is the occurence of two events without a cause and effect relationship, then does that mean a sign is just one single event?
Or are signs just letter and number sequences in random places?

People say that seeing 11:11 on the clock frequently is synchronicity, they are not really thinking of anything. In that case, would it be a sign?

Would you have to always be thinking about a particular subject at the time you saw the sign?

Does frequency (the amount of times you are given the sign) matter?

What are some examples of signs and synchronicities that you can think of or have experienced?

Are there a set of rules(guidelines) that the synchronicity and signs must follow to be genuine synchronicities and signs?

Also, why do we stop experiencing synchronicity?

It's alot of questions, but I would love some clarity, I think others would benefit from it too.

Thanks guys
Old 22-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEmbers
What can actually be considered synchronicity and what is the difference between a 'sign' and a 'synchronicity'?

If synchronicty is the occurence of two events without a cause and effect relationship, then does that mean a sign is just one single event?
Or are signs just letter and number sequences in random places?

People say that seeing 11:11 on the clock frequently is synchronicity, they are not really thinking of anything. In that case, would it be a sign?

Would you have to always be thinking about a particular subject at the time you saw the sign?

Does frequency (the amount of times you are given the sign) matter?

What are some examples of signs and synchronicities that you can think of or have experienced?

Are there a set of rules(guidelines) that the synchronicity and signs must follow to be genuine synchronicities and signs?

Also, why do we stop experiencing synchronicity?

It's alot of questions, but I would love some clarity, I think others would benefit from it too.

Thanks guys

Here is a passage from an article I wrote for another site:

I experience synchronicities daily, and have been receiving meaningful, informative synchronicities for the last six years. One example is a synchronicity that happened a while back. I read in a book about pendulums acting erratically during solar eclipses. This was a book on Albert Einstien. Later that day, I was watching a video on a totally different theme (weights and measures) and once again, they talked about the pendulum during the eclipse. Different media and topic, same information. This I believe was my prompt to research the phenomenon.
This is one synchronicity from yesterday. I was thinking about canonical numbers, and I thought about the number 42, and how I wasn't sure if it was canonical. Then later that night, I was watching a video by SGD on youtube, who talks about canonical numbers. He did a whole section on the number 42. The Universe wanted me to know this number was indeed important.
Old 22-05-2017, 11:26 PM
Master

in my understanding, the signs/synchronicities are there to give us moments of awakeness... because when we see them there is a brief moment of recognition of something... a time to somehow reflect on the fact of it more than you would reflect on say a stick that was on the path in front of you.

Really, the only thing that makes it a sign is that you notice it! There are no rules about what 'is' one and what 'isn't' one any more than there is a rule about what you MUST eat at dinnertime! But you may get bored with them, or it may just not be feeding time (to take the analogy a bit further many organisms don't eat constantly, well unless they are cows then they graze a lot lol!). So you wouldn't necessarily have them ongoing at all times...
Old 23-05-2017, 02:00 AM
Experiencer

I started out with symbols and sign following. It is good sometimes because it sometimes gives reassurance when you need it. However you wind up drifting about and when everything becomes a sign it gets confusing. As you already see.

The problem is when you project your uncertainty out into the world it reflects back at you. As you quiet down the signs will do likewise and become more focused and less scattered. I suggest you ask for the signs to have meaning and to come gently and easily, as another way to quiet things down. You make the rules and the universe will follow.

I think it is very important to self-reflect and ask yourself why you are looking for signs. The feelings that are motivating you to look for signs are likely more important than the information from the signs.

If you want to explore some good reading on this I would strongly recommend Jung's autobiography "Memories, Dreams, Reflections". Jung wrote the book on synchronicity. I found his autobiography to be much more accessible than his theory books. And very inspiring too.
Old 23-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Knower

I have been seeing signs in regards to my boyfriend. I am contemplating going back to him. Whenever I think of him 22 would show up. Then there were the descending numbers. These would also come when I thought of him. Numbers like 321, 654 and others. Sometimes I just see them without thinking of anything and automatically take that as a sign.
Old 23-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Knower

I forgot to mention that I haven't seen synchronicity in the last week now and seeing the 22 happened then.
Old 23-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEmbers
I have been seeing signs in regards to my boyfriend. I am contemplating going back to him.
Don't do it. Forget looking for signs. It's not something you use as the reason to go back into a bad relationship. Consider the reality of things instead. You're young. Live your life. Meet and enjoy other people. If the two of you are destined, it will happen eventually. I met someone years ago, we split because things weren't good, then got back together again 20 years later when the time was right. Relationships fall apart and end for a reason; usually because the two people aren't compatible in that moment in time.
Old 23-05-2017, 03:27 PM
Master
Regarding your specific question: Treating signs as "signals from the universe" is akin to fortune-telling. It's superstition mostly. Similar to someone going out and buying scads of lottery tickets just because their daily horoscope said it was their lucky day. This is what I mean by fortune-telling.

Signs do not "appear" to us. It is not "the universe" communicating with us. Rather, we live in a constant state of spiritual connection. Spirit is all around us, always there, always vibrating. We are in it, always. But we seldom if ever feel it and connect with it. Because we're mostly asleep. To connect with Spirit, you have to awaken to it, you have to wake up to it. Every spiritual path has specific self-development exercises that help awaken one to Spirit; help create an open channel to Spirit.

When you awaken to Spirit, you step into the vibration frequency at which Spirit operates. This is what is known as higher self understanding and interaction. You are not receiving fortune-telling signals from the universe. Rather, you are experiencing an elevated state of awareness as a result of a shift in frequency, which results in union with your higher soul self. Your higher soul self is your guide. It is the highest part of you, that knows what it is your soul truly needs and requires.

You don't look outside yourself for signs. You look inside yourself for soul communication with your higher self.
Old 23-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Knower

Thank you Baile
You have just changed my perspective on this.
If we were meant to be together, then it would happen later.
Come to think of it I think I am just looking for signs.
Old 23-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Master
You are welcome, all in my opinion only, and I tend to rage on about things lol. But GoldenEmbers, I do that with this topic because I know something about it. I have lived the experience where two people come together out of higher soul recognition, and live every moment of their togetherness (as is humanly possible anyway) in that elevated state of utmost respect and love for the other. This is the true union that our souls long for.

Whereas most settle for someone to pass time with. Two people who really don't even like each other all that much. Two people in "like," not "love."

When I was a teenager I had a vision of glorious love (past life stuff I believe). I knew what love is, and I refused to settle for less. And it took me decades to find it. It was my grail quest. I would tell anyone: settle for THAT and nothing else, it's worth the years of loneliness, many times over.