Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-04-2017, 01:03 AM
Newbie ;)

Odd encounter after my Dad's death

Hi Everyone - I'm pretty new here - I've had an interest in the spiritual world for as long as I remember but never really delved any deeper than experiencing strange things and then moving on.

My dad passed away on July 31st after a 4 year battle with cancer. We were very close and I always felt that our connection existed on a spiritual level and we both experienced eerie "coincidences" both with things that happened between the two of us as well as in our individual lives.

Sometimes I feel so very close to him and other times, I feel quite the opposite. I have had many signs from him and visitation dreams that I know were real. They were lucid dreams (which I've had in the past) and I could feel his hug and I knew as I was thinking, what I wanted to say - even the realization that we were having this conversation because he's dead and we needed to connect.

Anyway, lately, I have been feeling very disconnected from him and even the world around me a bit. I ask him for signs but I have not felt like I've been in tune. But today, I was on the bus playing on my phone and a very unkempt older man sat next to me. He asked me if I could tell him the time. I told him and he went on to say he left his phone at home and how his wife has a smartphone but he prefers old flip phones. I laughed to myself because that was my dad! We used to tease him because he downgraded from a brand new smartphone to an old flip phone and couldn't be happier about it! I almost told the man but he just kept on talking about other things. He had a very calm and pleasant demeanor. I looked at him and I swear to god, I saw my dad's eyes. He bore no resemblance if we were talking head on, but by his profile, I saw my dad's eyes and nose. Suddenly I became entranced with him. This man seemed very intelligent and was telling me all about places he had worked, his wife (who I found out had passed away) and somehow he ended up telling me about an old friend he had lost contact with. He said "I'm not sure where he is now. He's either still living in ...(I forgot where he said) or he moved on to a better place where everyone goes". He said it very emphatically but also in a matter of fact way. And he said it again emphasizing "everyone" and "I know this". He then went on to say that not "I believe.." or "I think..." but "I KNOW life exists after a person dies." and continued to say it's not a belief in God he has but has seen, heard, and read scientific evidence to back this up." I don't know whether this is true or not...but this encounter gave me the chills. He thanked me for my conversation and I thanked him for sharing but didn't really know what else to say when we got off the bus. I was wrapped up in what just happened and whether or not it was a sign of some kind. It was so random and held so much information, but it didn't feel odd or as if he was an over-sharer.

I want to believe that I was meant to meet this man to hear those words - my dad wanted me to know he is happy and where "everyone" goes after they die. I have thought about the afterlife quite a bit after my dad passed. To me, this seems more than a coincidence but I don't know if this is a manner spirits would use to communicate. Part of me is just looking to share my story, but I'm also interested to hear what others might think about this or if anyone has experienced anything similar.
Old 23-04-2017, 01:35 AM
Experiencer

Welcome to the forum, Kayray.
Yep...! The part about, not "I believe" or "I think"...but "I KNOW life exists after a person dies." B I N G O...!!! As a NDEr, this registers over the top on the "truthometer" with me.
This man sounds either as if he's had a NDE or your dad's spirit/consciousness caused this to happen for your benefit. And quite possibly, (and I'd dare say, most likely) both.

Thanks much for sharing this...and hoping you get more affirmations in your searching!
Old 23-04-2017, 02:03 AM
Suspended
Guide
Was the seat next to you on the bus the only empty one?
Or did he choose to sit there,or did he have the choice of lots of other vacant seats but picked you out to sit next to?

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 23-04-2017, 02:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi Billy - That never even crossed my mind. He chose to sit next to me and there were other vacant seats. :-O
Old 23-04-2017, 04:04 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayray
Hi Billy - That never even crossed my mind. He chose to sit next to me and there were other vacant seats. :-O

Well there's your answer,Marty in the first post said it,it was more than likely a little gift from your father,that's cool eh.

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 23-04-2017, 05:58 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
Well there's your answer,Marty in the first post said it,it was more than likely a little gift from your father,that's cool eh.

Kind Regards Billy.

Most definitely VERY cool:-) Thanks for your input.
Old 23-04-2017, 08:43 PM
Master
Hello Kayray, what a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing!

I have always been fascinated with meeting strangers in random and striking up a conversation like you did (natural and almost without effort), leaving one feeling good and nice. Even blessed.

Seeing your dad's eyes in this stranger reminds me of seeing my late grandma's eyes in my cat's eyes and of seeing my late dog's eyes in a random image of a hedgehog that appeared out of the blue on my computer sometime after he died. It is indeed a cool thing!

I also believe we are meant to meet those that we meet no matter how short the interaction may be or even if it was only as random as sitting next to someone on a bus ride. But in your story, the man had a lot of interesting similarities with your dad and this seems to me more than coincidence that he also seemed to have chosen to sit next to you...

It's interesting what MARDAV70 said that your dad's consciousness/spirit might have caused this to happen for you which is how I felt when I saw the hedgehog and "seeing" my late dog in him. I strongly felt my late dog saying Hello through the hedgehog's image. And as slowsnake put it, it was most likely a "little gift" from your dad, similar thought I had that my dog 'surprised' me with the hedgehog's image.

Anyway, here's wishing you more wonderful stories to share with us here!

Blessings,
lemongrass

♥♥