Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 15-04-2017, 11:53 AM
Knower

Are we manifesting our signs?

Whenever I ask for a sign from the universe most of the time I get it, but then I was reading a thread about LOA and wondered that perhaps I am creating the sign that I am asking for. Which is a shame but how do we know that the sign we are asking for answers our question or whether we are just manifesting the sign we are looking for at the time?

What proof do we have that the sign we receive is from the universe answering our question?
Old 15-04-2017, 05:58 PM
Pathfinder

What a Good Question. id like to know this, also. please tell me, what is LOA?
Old 15-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Knower

It's the law of attraction!
Old 16-04-2017, 12:12 AM
Master
It could be, but the universe could be prompting you to manifest the sign that they send.

There is a universe and it is very tuned in to you personally and is quite involved every day in every way.
Old 19-04-2017, 02:53 AM
Experiencer
It's a good question that I have no answer for. Could it be that we want something so much that we make it happen somehow? But then again why sometimes a sign we ask for doesn't happen? And sometimes I sign we doesn't want, happens?

Once I posted about this, the opposite situation but got no reply here in the forums. I wanted to know if anyone had asked for a sign while secretly wanting to have no answer. (I'm probably the only crazy person to wish for such thing)

Yeah, I know, silly me. But I wanted to know if I should travel some place, as having a bigger purpose than just traveling for the sake of it, of just being a tourist. So secretly I was hoping for no signs because I wanted a reason to justify not going there, instead the name of the place appeared many times the next day I asked for a sign. Needless to say I avoided the signs and did as I intended, I didn't travel. You see, I just wanted to be sure I wouldn't be missing out something important, but it seems the universe made sure to let me know that I should be(or should've been) there but keep resisting to it.

----
Another thing I'd appreciated if someone care to explain or offer any theory is

This week I was streaming a tv series and I was completely compelled to watch all 4 episodes to end the season, but then all of the sudden, 1 episode ended and I stopped watching it. For whatever reason I thought to myself, completely random: "It's so rare to see _____(fill w/deceased singer) on tv" And then I just thought of other famous singers/musicians of the same music genre that were popular at the same time and how they got more attention and somehow were more remembered many years after.
This was a brief thought, out of nowhere and had nothing to do with the series I was watching(it wasn't related to music). As I thought of this I closed the app and turned on the tv, the usual programming. I just wandered like thru 6 channels and a movie where the singer appears was about to start. I may be wrong, but I think this is the only movie the singer ever appeared.

I know it's nothing special, but I certainly couldn't manifest this as the movies going on air are planned in advance . I was completely unaware of it, I was watching stuff in an app and didn't check at all the cable tv programming. And how I suddenly changed my mind about what I was going to do was odd, as if I had to turn on the tv in the right moment, if this makes sense.

But then again, what's the purpose of this?

My random thought was that the likelihood of seeing him on tv, or in a way, still being relevant, Idk was really low but then he was there... to contradict me? Still I can go right now check the tv, or tomorrow or the next day and I'm 90% certain you won't see his face in anything, not even his music videos of many years ago.
And to be honest I don't think I ever gave any consideration about this at all before. It's almost like being injected with somebody's else thought. Am I supposed to believe the singer feels this way and wants to be seen, to be remembered?

But anyways, sorry for these ramblings, most people can go along with it's just a coincidence, nothing more. And no, I haven't asked for any signs or synchs in a long time.
Old 20-04-2017, 04:01 PM
Seeker
pragmatic aspects of the mind are used to quantify things which might not function along those lines but the answer to any question always seems to simply be an expansion within the mystery itself, and in which attempting to quantify would seem to lead one astray.
Old 21-04-2017, 08:54 AM
Newbie ;)

Sometimes I have a feeling that the Universe already knows what you're going to think and manifest it before it even crosses your mind .
Old 21-04-2017, 02:54 PM
Experiencer
I look at it as an infinite universe of possible scenarios already played out, and you just tune into certain events. The TV/Movie/Song thing happens often enough to laugh at the consistency of a storyline matching what may be occuring in waking life even if the episode is months old. The mind tries to determine it all, but it seems like its better to just enjoy the ride and flow with it.
Old 21-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Master

I have made an agreement with my inner being on certain signs, and find it very interesting the multitude of ways it shows itself
Old 22-04-2017, 08:10 AM
Lorelyen

Signs are just symbols that signify something else “in probable existence”. One object or occurrence that represents another. You can attribute anything to a sign but others may not make the association. You can attribute a sign to any object or event. A popular tune may signify a piece of cheese. It’s easy enough to see or hear something and pronounce it a sign if there’s an expectation bias or hope of the existence of something else. You want an event to take place or someone to appear, there’s the tendency to look for anything that might suggest its manifestation. If it does appear then good. The value of a sign is does it work on most occasions?

It’s a farily recent development in semiotics – what the environment itself signifies to us.