Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 02-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Peaceofepicness

Color How can I easily and quickly learn to Lucid dream?

Hello!

I am very new to this, so I do apologise if I am being annoying or offensive!

Thank you! :)
Old 02-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Lorelyen

Hello there,

You can learn all the strategies quickly enough and you may just be gifted to get going on it straight away but be patient. Most people who aren't natural lucid dreamers take a little time. Keep up your (ordinary) dream recall, diarising etc and give yourself time to contemplate it (and all the ways you can spot that you're dreaming) before you get to sleep.

Most people make a start by extending a dream they wake up with early in the morning.

Perhaps you could ask the mods to move this to the lucid dreams section. Plenty of threads worth reading there.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:59 PM
Peaceofepicness

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Hello there,

You can learn all the strategies quickly enough and you may just be gifted to get going on it straight away but be patient. Most people who aren't natural lucid dreamers take a little time. Keep up your (ordinary) dream recall, diarising etc and give yourself time to contemplate it (and all the ways you can spot that you're dreaming) before you get to sleep.

Most people make a start by extending a dream they wake up with early in the morning.

Perhaps you could ask the mods to move this to the lucid dreams section. Plenty of threads worth reading there.

Thank you for your help!
So I cant expect results after one sleep? Can take a week on average or more? :)
Old 02-08-2016, 06:41 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaceofepicness
Hello!

I am very new to this, so I do apologise if I am being annoying or offensive!

lucid dreaming is something i have always did naturally since childhood, i have reflected a lot on the reasons why i lucid dream so much, i never kept a dream journal or anything like that, so i cant recomend keep a journal simply because i do not know if it will work or not, i do hear it helps though, so maybe you should try it.what i think causes lucid dreams is the level of awareness you have during waking life.growing up as a kid, i was always taught to always be aware of everything around me, me and my family lived deep in wilderness, so not paying attention could end up with a wild animal having me as dinner, or slipping and injuring myself, and maybe become dinner for a animal.i was always allowed to go out on my own and explore, so it was crucial that i knew how to stay safe while im out there, thus, i developed a keen sense of my surroundings at all times.another factor i think plays a role in it is school, it sounds silly but i think it really did help in a indirect way, see, i would get punished if i scored anything lower then A in any subject, i had no toys,no tv, no radio ect, so when i got punished, i would loose my mind from boredom, it was the worse, so naturally, i learned how to focus my mind and recall every single thing a teacher spoke of.i found that when trying to remember facts and details of a subject, that it is far easier to remember everything in visual form rather then just remembering specific facts.so i pretty much just remembered what i seen and heard the teacher say by recalling the visual memory of that experience.pretty easy.so, naturally, i scored a A+ in every subject through out the entire year.now, because of my high scores, i was given some test by the state so that they can determine if i acually understood the subjects i was being tested on, rather then just having a good memory, i passed with flying colors cause i really did understand the subjects, i mean, this was grade school stuff lol, not very hard to understand.so, i passed this test they gave me and i was sent to a entirely different school, they labeled it a school for the "gifted". at first i was depressed because i thought the label "gifted" was just a nice cover up for saying your mentally challenged.i mean, i did everything the teachers asked, scored perfect grades in everything, so i had no idea why i would sent to a school for mentally challenged kids, i came up with the conclusion that i must be mentally challenged and that my illness is so bad that i dont even have the abillity to notice it, so from this point on, i became obsessed with imagining myself from others perspectives, i knew that if i was mentally ill, and couldnt notice it myself, then the only way i could possibly see whats wrong with me is by imagining myself from others perspective and try to see myself from there perspective, this made me study others as close as possible, i would pay attention to others bodies language and and all the things they say, i would use what i observed to gain a insight into there mind and understand what they were thinking and how they percived there reality.this allowed me to imagine being them and seeing myself from there perspective.once i finally started at this new school, i was suprised to see that it was not nothing like i expected, the class room was not filled with kids toys and colorfull posters at all, it was a mature setting.the kids that were in my class were not the mentally challenged kids i expected either, they were all very smart and intellegent along with being very mature, i loved it.the concepts that were discussed in these classes were amazing and deep, we all would discuss for hours the inter workings peoples minds, deep philosophy, advanced mathmatics everything, it didnt take to long for me to figure out that this school wasnt for the mentally ill, however, the skill i developed to reflect upon myself stayed with me, i continued to reflect, this allowed me to gain new insights and aspecs of myself that i previously didnt notice, i learned alot about myself by doing this along with learning about others in the process.so from 4th grade to 11th grade, i stayed in that school, at one point during 7th grade, i was allowed to try normal school, i was really curious to what was being taught there, i quickly returned to school for the gifted, the things taught in the normal school was so dull, i already fully understood everything they had to teach, was no challenge what so ever.so with that, i went back to the better school and never looked back.

so, as all these events happend, each one lead me to do certain things and think certain ways, i now noticed that ever since started self reflecting, i began to become lucid in my dreams more and more, i first started becoming lucid from just focusing on being of aware of myself and my surroundings in order to prevent being eaten by a wild animal, my lucid dreams increased once i started to reflect and attempted to see this world from others perspectives.later, i began to ponder on deeper questions of life, always wondering how it all started, what happens after death, what everything was trully made of, what made it possible for things to exist in the very first place, what would happen to everything if no one was around to percive it, would it still exist? is matter itself somehow conscious and aware?can matter perceive its own existance? if we are all made of the same stuff that matter is made of, then it wouldnt be to far a stretch to say that matter has a conscious of its own just we do.i believe all these deeps and serious thoughts expanded and opened up my mind to new possibilities.see, in order to really think about these things and seriously try to figure out and understand how they work, then one has to literally understand that you can not look at it from a human perspective, you can not take anything for granted, you cant assume anything, you have to look at it as things truly are.in reality, the things we label or just labels, like time for instance, we perceive time in a certain way, we can not deny that we do experience a passing of time, how ever, time is not a certain thing, it can not be catigorized as a specific thing.so you have to look past all things like this in order to understand and figure out the deeper questions of life.

with all that being said, i do not think there is a shortcut or a easy way to become lucid while dreaming.it comes naturally when you seriously ponder and reflect on life.i think you need to open your mind, not label or judge things, become aware of everything you can.i think you have to be serious about your learning and be truly courious of life, i dont think one can just pretend to be curious about certain things, and make there self think about these sort of things, you have truly want to know, or it wont be legit.i hope u can extract information from my story and use it in a way to help you become lucid.i really cant say for sure what causes one to be lucid, i can only supply you my opinions, so i think its best if i just tell everything and allow you to draw your own conclusion.
i could list a ton of methods and such that i think may work, but i am now starting to think that no matter how how well i explain how to do it, it wont help people in the least, thus, ill just give you information and you use it how you see fit.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:35 AM
Peaceofepicness

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
lucid dreaming is something i have always did naturally since childhood, i have reflected a lot on the reasons why i lucid dream so much, i never kept a dream journal or anything like that, so i cant recomend keep a journal simply because i do not know if it will work or not, i do hear it helps though, so maybe you should try it.what i think causes lucid dreams is the level of awareness you have during waking life.growing up as a kid, i was always taught to always be aware of everything around me, me and my family lived deep in wilderness, so not paying attention could end up with a wild animal having me as dinner, or slipping and injuring myself, and maybe become dinner for a animal.i was always allowed to go out on my own and explore, so it was crucial that i knew how to stay safe while im out there, thus, i developed a keen sense of my surroundings at all times.another factor i think plays a role in it is school, it sounds silly but i think it really did help in a indirect way, see, i would get punished if i scored anything lower then A in any subject, i had no toys,no tv, no radio ect, so when i got punished, i would loose my mind from boredom, it was the worse, so naturally, i learned how to focus my mind and recall every single thing a teacher spoke of.i found that when trying to remember facts and details of a subject, that it is far easier to remember everything in visual form rather then just remembering specific facts.so i pretty much just remembered what i seen and heard the teacher say by recalling the visual memory of that experience.pretty easy.so, naturally, i scored a A+ in every subject through out the entire year.now, because of my high scores, i was given some test by the state so that they can determine if i acually understood the subjects i was being tested on, rather then just having a good memory, i passed with flying colors cause i really did understand the subjects, i mean, this was grade school stuff lol, not very hard to understand.so, i passed this test they gave me and i was sent to a entirely different school, they labeled it a school for the "gifted". at first i was depressed because i thought the label "gifted" was just a nice cover up for saying your mentally challenged.i mean, i did everything the teachers asked, scored perfect grades in everything, so i had no idea why i would sent to a school for mentally challenged kids, i came up with the conclusion that i must be mentally challenged and that my illness is so bad that i dont even have the abillity to notice it, so from this point on, i became obsessed with imagining myself from others perspectives, i knew that if i was mentally ill, and couldnt notice it myself, then the only way i could possibly see whats wrong with me is by imagining myself from others perspective and try to see myself from there perspective, this made me study others as close as possible, i would pay attention to others bodies language and and all the things they say, i would use what i observed to gain a insight into there mind and understand what they were thinking and how they percived there reality.this allowed me to imagine being them and seeing myself from there perspective.once i finally started at this new school, i was suprised to see that it was not nothing like i expected, the class room was not filled with kids toys and colorfull posters at all, it was a mature setting.the kids that were in my class were not the mentally challenged kids i expected either, they were all very smart and intellegent along with being very mature, i loved it.the concepts that were discussed in these classes were amazing and deep, we all would discuss for hours the inter workings peoples minds, deep philosophy, advanced mathmatics everything, it didnt take to long for me to figure out that this school wasnt for the mentally ill, however, the skill i developed to reflect upon myself stayed with me, i continued to reflect, this allowed me to gain new insights and aspecs of myself that i previously didnt notice, i learned alot about myself by doing this along with learning about others in the process.so from 4th grade to 11th grade, i stayed in that school, at one point during 7th grade, i was allowed to try normal school, i was really curious to what was being taught there, i quickly returned to school for the gifted, the things taught in the normal school was so dull, i already fully understood everything they had to teach, was no challenge what so ever.so with that, i went back to the better school and never looked back.

so, as all these events happend, each one lead me to do certain things and think certain ways, i now noticed that ever since started self reflecting, i began to become lucid in my dreams more and more, i first started becoming lucid from just focusing on being of aware of myself and my surroundings in order to prevent being eaten by a wild animal, my lucid dreams increased once i started to reflect and attempted to see this world from others perspectives.later, i began to ponder on deeper questions of life, always wondering how it all started, what happens after death, what everything was trully made of, what made it possible for things to exist in the very first place, what would happen to everything if no one was around to percive it, would it still exist? is matter itself somehow conscious and aware?can matter perceive its own existance? if we are all made of the same stuff that matter is made of, then it wouldnt be to far a stretch to say that matter has a conscious of its own just we do.i believe all these deeps and serious thoughts expanded and opened up my mind to new possibilities.see, in order to really think about these things and seriously try to figure out and understand how they work, then one has to literally understand that you can not look at it from a human perspective, you can not take anything for granted, you cant assume anything, you have to look at it as things truly are.in reality, the things we label or just labels, like time for instance, we perceive time in a certain way, we can not deny that we do experience a passing of time, how ever, time is not a certain thing, it can not be catigorized as a specific thing.so you have to look past all things like this in order to understand and figure out the deeper questions of life.

with all that being said, i do not think there is a shortcut or a easy way to become lucid while dreaming.it comes naturally when you seriously ponder and reflect on life.i think you need to open your mind, not label or judge things, become aware of everything you can.i think you have to be serious about your learning and be truly courious of life, i dont think one can just pretend to be curious about certain things, and make there self think about these sort of things, you have truly want to know, or it wont be legit.i hope u can extract information from my story and use it in a way to help you become lucid.i really cant say for sure what causes one to be lucid, i can only supply you my opinions, so i think its best if i just tell everything and allow you to draw your own conclusion.
i could list a ton of methods and such that i think may work, but i am now starting to think that no matter how how well i explain how to do it, it wont help people in the least, thus, ill just give you information and you use it how you see fit.

Your childhood is really interesting! :)

I am going to continue to do research et cetra, and never give up! :)

Thank you for your help! :)
Old 03-08-2016, 12:06 PM
Suspended
Hello Poe (love your username)

Never give up is the key. My first lucid dream (many years ago) came about after I'd spent many weeks/months on an astral projection forum. One day I read that you could project from a dream and this fascinated me. Within a few days, I became lucid during an afternoon nap and decided to climb out of my sleeping body.

It will happen if you keep on practising, thinking, writing and talking about dreams.

I shall look forward to hearing all about it when you have your first one.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:23 PM
Peaceofepicness

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hello Poe (love your username)

Never give up is the key. My first lucid dream (many years ago) came about after I'd spent many weeks/months on an astral projection forum. One day I read that you could project from a dream and this fascinated me. Within a few days, I became lucid during an afternoon nap and decided to climb out of my sleeping body.

It will happen if you keep on practising, thinking, writing and talking about dreams.

I shall look forward to hearing all about it when you have your first one.

Ha ha! Thank you for your kind and helpful advice!

I will tell you when I have had my first Lucid Dream! (Hopefully it is soon!)

Thank you again! :)
Old 03-08-2016, 01:51 PM
Master
Lucid Dreaming...

The nearest I've ever been to lucid dreaming, is to realise, whilst in a dream, that I am actually - in a dream, therefore there is nothing to concern me, regarding that which is/was taking place... I understand that this might be a reasonable example, although I'm no authority on the subject... I've never tried to make this ability available: as and when required...

Such has only happened a couple of times... So I'm no advocate to how the full system works...

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 03-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Peaceofepicness

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78
The nearest I've ever been to lucid dreaming, is to realise, whilst in a dream, that I am actually - in a dream, therefore there is nothing to concern me, regarding that which is/was taking place... I understand that this might be a reasonable example, although I'm no authority on the subject... I've never tried to make this ability available: as and when required...

Such has only happened a couple of times... So I'm no advocate to how the full system works...

Robbie....

Thank you for your input on this subject! :)
How did you get the lucid dreams to happen?

Old 03-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78

Robbie....

lol, thats exactly what lucid dreaming is, you realize that your dreaming while in the dream, thus, you take control over yourself and are able to do anything you want :)