Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 22-10-2019, 08:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariaecheflame
Hello.

I'm just curious to ask if you do grounding meditations after experiencing the obe like states?

I ask because as a kid I easily drifted into the states you describe and even astral travelled without thinking too much of it.

Problem was that as a kid, these states were realitively easy but I had no realisation yet that I needed to ground.

Now I practice more mindfullness which is grounding, eventually I'd like to merge the two, though remaining grounded has been my main focus for quite some time now.

Thank you, woo-hoo
Lol.

Most of my meditation practices are about being present in this very moment, being "still", this is the main center point to me.Without this stillness, I can't go deeper.. My mind is amazed by all the things I experienced and experience, hence the fact that my heart and my breathing increased while being in deep meditation, but I managed to calm down myself.I felt how my awareness expanded beyond body, it was like a burst of energy that made me to feel my awareness outside my body.
Old 22-10-2019, 08:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You do know don't you that The Buddha said ' We are already Enlightened '.
Stripping away not adding to is what he recommended

but are we aware that we are? It's not enough just knowing it...
Old 22-10-2019, 08:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
It used to take me less then 2-3 seconds to experience an OBE. I even demonstrated this in front of others.
Then I did bi-locations and a few other things. When I shared this with others: they mostly ridiculed me.

I would recommend that you develop yourself privately. Your development will move along
extremely fast whereas if you share, their responses might stunt your growth. Just my opinion.

That's really amazing!! It took me almost 2 hours to reach that deep state and I could not fully leave my body because I feared that I may not return back, it's something normal for me.. One question, when you have an OBE, do you find yourself in the astral realms or are you able to stay in this reality? I know for sure that I had OBEs that were "placed" in this reality, once I got stuck in the tree in front of my house, then I saw my house from above with perfect details, it was like watching a HD version of my house from above, it was sunny outside, when I woke up, it was also sunny outside Once I was flying above a street, I could even see the cars, in fact, I was flying around me, then I decided to fly above a river and I could even see the rays of light in the water.

If somehow I manage to remain in this reality, I know that then and only then I will be able to do things like healing people.

For this very reason I keep everything for myself, I only share it with you here.
Old 22-10-2019, 08:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Me too!!!

One more fellow believer!!
Old 22-10-2019, 10:16 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I would recommend that you develop yourself privately. Your development will move along
extremely fast whereas if you share, their responses might stunt your growth. Just my opinion.

Outside this forum or with like-minded people that's probably good advice. At times I go over the conversation I had with a friend about the experiences I had several weeks back. It's possible that in my enthusiasm and considering how floored I was, I might have come across as boastful. At one point he actually raised his voice, using a profanity. So in my wonderment I facilitated suffering.

I suppose there's a certain responsibility that comes along with these types of experiences. At least that's what I'm coming to understand.
Old 22-10-2019, 10:34 AM
Deactivated Account
Cool, thanks for the reply to me J.A.S.G....

MAKES sense to me
Old 22-10-2019, 10:49 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Here's something else I've been pondering. It occurred during one of the previous reboots of my meditation practice and when my practice was strictly secular in nature and after a good 4 or 5 months of daily practice.

I'd get to a point where it felt as if I wasn't breathing and the screen behind my eyelids would turn an inky and absolute black, and that would be accompanied by, as best as I can relate it, the opposite of what I described as falling or accelerating in 360 degrees outward. Then I'd get a feeling of tingling emanating from deep down in my core and coursing throughout my body. It was almost orgasmic and started happening more regularly. I tried to intellectualize it and did a lot of Googling and the closest I could find sounded like what is described as access concentration and entering the first Jhana.

Eventually I began to crave it and tried to induce it instead of allowing it to flow naturally. After a couple of weeks it ceased and hasn't occurred since, though now I don't try to induce or chase that state. If it comes, it comes and that's okay.

The really interesting thing is the bouts of ecstasy I now sometimes experience outside of practice is similar physiologically minus the 'implosive' sensation of consciousness, but much more profound emotionally.
Old 22-10-2019, 05:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Here's something else I've been pondering. It occurred during one of the previous reboots of my meditation practice and when my practice was strictly secular in nature and after a good 4 or 5 months of daily practice.

I'd get to a point where it felt as if I wasn't breathing and the screen behind my eyelids would turn an inky and absolute black, and that would be accompanied by, as best as I can relate it, the opposite of what I described as falling or accelerating in 360 degrees outward. Then I'd get a feeling of tingling emanating from deep down in my core and coursing throughout my body. It was almost orgasmic and started happening more regularly. I tried to intellectualize it and did a lot of Googling and the closest I could find sounded like what is described as access concentration and entering the first Jhana.

Eventually I began to crave it and tried to induce it instead of allowing it to flow naturally. After a couple of weeks it ceased and hasn't occurred since, though now I don't try to induce or chase that state. If it comes, it comes and that's okay.

The really interesting thing is the bouts of ecstasy I now sometimes experience outside of practice is similar physiologically minus the 'implosive' sensation of consciousness, but much more profound emotionally.

I don't know much about the different stages of meditation, I love discovering everything on my own.I think that the best thing we can do is to fully live all the new experiences we have while in deep meditation, you never know what can you discover.

Yes, forcing things to happen does not work with meditation because you don't really meditate, you just focus your mind on a certain thing or experience, I plan beforehand if I want to achieve something and then when I meditate, I immerse myself in silence and that's it.I love to meditate, to me this is one of the greatest things I discovered, it's amazing!

I just finished another hour of meditation, this time I've gone through the stage of low heart beats and I experienced slow breathing, it felt better when I was not breathing at all, the peace was deeper.I found myself forgetting to actually breath but this is not something new for me, I experienced many times.I was really close to go deeper but my father called me and it was more an instinctive answer and I had to stop.

I found myself entering and leaving the hypnagogic state again and again but this time everything was very peaceful, I love this peace, I searched for it for years..
Old 22-10-2019, 06:00 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I just finished another hour of meditation, this time I've gone through the stage of low heart beats and I experienced slow breathing, it felt better when I was not breathing at all, the peace was deeper.

When I practice calm abiding I find exhalation is more relaxing than inhalation, and especially at the very end of the exhale. Exhaling seems to naturally slow down as it proceeds and there's a brief pause at the 'bottom' of the exhale before transitioning to the inhale.

I was taught to relax the body on both inhale and exhale, but it seems to come so much more naturally on the exhale so I just let my body follow the rhythm of the breathe. That feels so much more organic and doesn't require any effort so that's what I stick to.

To quote Bruce Lee "Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own."
Old 23-10-2019, 06:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I don't know much about the different stages of meditation, I love discovering everything on my own.I think that the best thing we can do is to fully live all the new experiences we have while in deep meditation, you never know what can you discover.

Yes, forcing things to happen does not work with meditation because you don't really meditate, you just focus your mind on a certain thing or experience, I plan beforehand if I want to achieve something and then when I meditate, I immerse myself in silence and that's it.I love to meditate, to me this is one of the greatest things I discovered, it's amazing!

I just finished another hour of meditation, this time I've gone through the stage of low heart beats and I experienced slow breathing, it felt better when I was not breathing at all, the peace was deeper.I found myself forgetting to actually breath but this is not something new for me, I experienced many times.I was really close to go deeper but my father called me and it was more an instinctive answer and I had to stop.

I found myself entering and leaving the hypnagogic state again and again but this time everything was very peaceful, I love this peace, I searched for it for years..
I like the way you always share your experiences and i agree with you,The only way to 'learn' is from direct experience.
You're doing great.