Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-09-2019, 11:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
There is no such thing as ''sexual energy''. It's simply called lust.

Au contraire, Freud called it the Libido.

That is really just a misapprehension of the Kundalini Shakti, which is sexual in nature, because it is the force of creation.

Transmuting sexual energies for a higher purpose is one of the main aims of Yoga and other spiritual disciplines. Celibacy is generally a prerequisite of most monastic traditions for this reason. Tantra is the major exception, which cleverly utilises controlled forms of sexuality in transmuting these energies, without having to resort to celibacy to achieve it.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:58 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourcetruth
This is not the correct method. The correct method is abstaining from any sex and orgasm. The energy that you talk about is going towards experiencing the orgasm. When you stop having orgasms than you will actually have more energy to do the other things with the energy, you just have to use your intent.

Sorry to have to contradict you but I think if you review a few composers and artists you'll find out that plenty are/were sexually very active. Actually, the same energy underpins creativity and what manifests in humans as sex/libido - it's a root universal power - so I suppose some artists have a superfluity of energy that they can direct at both.
And, of course, a powerful orgasm hurls one into their inner worlds so that, if given time, the aftermath can be a huge source of creative inspiration (much as JG Ballard and others have used dream material).

But yes, some artists lead nigh-celibate sex lives most probably because they pursue their art single-mindedly. Van Gogh and Beethoven come to mind.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Master

Quote:
This is not the correct method. The correct method is abstaining from any sex and orgasm. The energy that you talk about is going towards experiencing the orgasm. When you stop having orgasms than you will actually have more energy to do the other things with the energy, you just have to use your intent.
Nope .
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
There is no such thing as ''sexual energy''. It's simply called lust.
That's an uninformed statement. A little funny.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:25 PM
Master

People, look it up before posting!
Old 12-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Master

Everything on every level of existence could be see as an interplay and result of Purusha and Prakriti, spirit and nature, soul and form, etc.

As human beings ascend they may sublimate the grosser energies - sex and procreation is but one manifestation in that full range - thereby creating in-and-through higher manifestations of consciousness.

~ J
Old 24-09-2019, 03:32 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Sorry to have to contradict you but I think if you review a few composers and artists you'll find out that plenty are/were sexually very active. Actually, the same energy underpins creativity and what manifests in humans as sex/libido - it's a root universal power - so I suppose some artists have a superfluity of energy that they can direct at both.
And, of course, a powerful orgasm hurls one into their inner worlds so that, if given time, the aftermath can be a huge source of creative inspiration (much as JG Ballard and others have used dream material).

But yes, some artists lead nigh-celibate sex lives most probably because they pursue their art single-mindedly. Van Gogh and Beethoven come to mind.

Orgasms are lower frequency red zone experiences that drain energy from source players. If you lookin this subthread you will see that I made a thread where I talk about this.
Old 25-09-2019, 05:28 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Orgasms are lower frequency red zone experiences that drain energy from source players. If you lookin this subthread you will see that I made a thread where I talk about this.
Um, orgasms are the reason we exist today so I don't see any validation to your statement. Life is sacred so why should sustaining it be a "lower frequency red zone experience"...
Old 25-09-2019, 03:43 PM
Master
When orgasm is viewed negatively it is usually in the context of masturbation. This practice [masturbation] creates a desire, a fantasy, that likely cannot be met in real life. This creates suffering. In addition, it drains energy. Try to meditate for hours [or any other practice] and then masturbate. If you are sensitive enough you can feel it. I don’t condemn masturbation but to suggest there’s nothing to celibacy and it’s just nonsense is missing the point.

Of course, most people will simply never ever understand this because they are only single for a few months, maybe even a year, in adult life.
Old 25-09-2019, 05:08 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osyris
Um, orgasms are the reason we exist so I don't see any validation to your statement. Life is sacred so why should sustaining it be a "lower frequency red zone experience"...
I explained this more in my thread .