Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 22-02-2014, 11:27 PM
anonymous_1

How does one hypnotize a person?

How does one hypnotize a person? Has it anything to do with being in contact with the unconsciousness of the people around the person ?

Thanks
Old 23-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Experiencer

The hypnotist relaxes the subject to bypass the critical factor and suggestions are allowed into the subconscious mind. When a person is in a relaxed state the conscious mind can be bypassed in order to directly make suggestions to the subconscious mind.

So, to hypnotize a person, you need to get that subject into relaxed state, preferably both body and mind.

The more willing the person is to be hypnotized, the easier it is.

It can be argued that even an unwilling subject can be hypnotized, though more difficult.

I don't think it has anything to do with being in contact with the unconsciousness of the people around the subject. That's something to ponder, though.

Stage hypnotists can have several subjects on stage, giving each suggestions, and the others are not affected by the suggestions intended for a particular person.

For instance, say, the hypnotist has five people in trance, all sitting in chairs, side by side. He gives the first a suggestion, the other four do not follow the suggestions, unless the hypnotist is directing the suggestion to all five. Only the one, is affected.
Old 24-02-2014, 04:57 PM
anonymous_1

I don't believe in subconscious, so perhaps someone that don't believe in the subconscious can explain it with some psychological theories.
Old 24-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Master

You might watch some of the guided self hypnosis videos posted on you tube . Links to astral projection and past life videos , there a bunch more.
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...editation&sm=1

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y pnosis&sm=1
Old 09-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Argento

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_1
How does one hypnotize a person? Has it anything to do with being in contact with the unconsciousness of the people around the person ?

Thanks

Hi anonymous!

There is more than one way to skin a rabbit......... :)

There a many pseudo-hypnotists out there who use a standard array of scripts and techniques that work to varying extents on 9/10 people or so.

This is not how to really hypnotise IMO, but it is a good place to start and should be learned.

The number one way to hypnotise a person is to understand their beliefs and to use them as a means to gently lead a person into, "trance".

If they are religious, then talking about God and the peace she(lol) brings to a person when there is belief will help a person relax.

If they love playing golf, you can speak about the freedom and calm that can be felt on the course.

I had a friend who loved Tai Chi....I explained that when I was in china, a highly ranked instructor once told me than in order to relax your body fully Your mind must also be fully relaxed and the more peaceful you become the more freely and effortlessly your body can move.

He was so calm in one sentence that I was amazed.

So in short....learn all the scientific techniques......I would start with the Milton model.....then move on to tone of voice and body language....

Most of all though....learn something of importance to the subject and you will be more effective than 90+% of the people out there.

Side note: Other people present make a huge difference...but the way to overcome this is to become effective on one person at a time....then you will be effortlessly able to add in the rest of them, surroundings, unexpected events etc.

Hope this helps.

Mark
Old 10-03-2014, 09:56 PM
anonymous_1

I'm after other theories than theories which involves the "Sub-conscious". Thanks
Old 10-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Argento

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_1
I'm after other theories than theories which involves the "Sub-conscious". Thanks

Then you're talking about a completely different subject. Just ask outright....
Old 10-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Argento

The subconscious is IMO, the much larger part of the mind that possesses the enormous inherent genius, and feeds the most pressing data to the much weaker conscious part.

It is constantly aware of everything in your surroundings, past, present...possible futures.

Your unconscious is already aware, but until you finish this sentence you will not be consciously aware of the sensation of your little toe on your left foot.

You may not believe in it.....but for all practical purposes, the unconscious exists....
I may not believe that my hand exists, but I can pick up a pen..So it's safe to behave as though it is really there...because the evidence would strongly suggest so.

Hypnosis works mainly on this understanding.....Without belief in the things outside of our awareness, you will not be able to hypnotise effectively.
It's the same as playing football without the belief that the ball exists....You can be as philosophical as you like about it....but for the purposes of the game, you will do better if you assume it is there and kick it

Old 13-03-2014, 09:02 PM
anonymous_1

I believe the subconscious is a term made by the Jew's to make money of psychology appointments, copyrights, and to control the population, and in later times it is used to make money of medications, so please give me other theories than theories about the subconscious. Thanks !
Old 13-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Argento

I don't know any unfortunately... :( I don't think there are any.

Maybe you could learn something else
Have you tried knitting?
(kidding)

You are basically asking the equivalent of, "Please teach me how to drive, but no cars...thanks.....They are a myth", and I'm replying that you need a car.........

You will only become skilled if you jump in.........no other way.