Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 23-01-2017, 08:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidley
I'm wondering because I get up really early for work and uni (and often go to bed way too late) and I want to meditate before I go about my day, so I would need to wake up super early but I'm afraid I will be tired from sacrificing sleep to meditate. I'm one of those people who needs a minimum of 8 hours sleep, if left alone I can sleep 11-14 hours comfortably.

Meditation can replace sleep to some extent due to the prana or chi it increases in the system. Hence you would feel energetic for a longer time and less tired.

Certain breathing systems like the Sudarshan Kriya can reduce the amount of sleep needed by half an hour or so , due to the same principle of increased prana or energy levels.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 23-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I will have to look into Sudarshan Kriya as well, thank you.

I would still like to hear personal experiences people might have, if possible in more detail.
Old 23-01-2017, 05:05 PM
Guide
Quote:
It's not uncommon for me to be pulled out of body, I've had to fight to stay within myself, maybe that's the part I find tiring. But it was my understanding that astral traveling used energy.
I can see how that would be tiring.

I do agree that astral traveling uses energy. However, what is it that causes rest? So for example, can a person drink endless amounts of redbull energy drinks instead of sleep. It might work for a certain extent in delaying the sensation of rejuvenation, but ultimately, rest would be required.

So, in sleep, what/whom is resting, and what energy is being replenished? If your body is asleep, but yet you are conscious? Is it sleep? What activities are you doing whilst you are conscious-asleep?

Personally speaking, I noticed that certain activities though I slept a full night physically, I was so active, I was mentally fatigued, usually this is during periods of growth where I'm "working"(or testing theories out) whilst during rest.

Balance is important, when practicing a heavy "work load," spending some time within the space as consciousness really bolsters my energy. Other things I noticed is just be-ing, passively witnessing, where the dualities start to recede, the struggle of this-that, in-out, etc. fade into the distance and it is incredibly rejuvenating as well. There is the sense of APing, but rather than projecting out, I start going through the various dualities, in progressively finer aspects, expanding outwards at the same time, so it's not so activish/doing. In Aping out through the top, usually a golden light will pour in through the top of my head, and just lay back and let it pull you up...that has always been very renewing, and invigorating. So it's not so cut and dry, IMHE.

I imagine it's similar with others, but I'm not pushing myself to stay awake, just resting in my natural state of being.

There certainly many opinions of the nature of Yoga Nidra, or conscious sleeping, but nothing beats direct experience, true knowing. You know, because you've experienced it, unadulterated, pure, first hand knowledge. After a certain point, one just has to experience it for yourself. Till then, it's fun to ask around, but certainly not as rewarding as living it.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. It's just something I've found so rewarding, and love to share the love with others.