Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 14-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Master

I totally just found out about the Doreen Virtue thing

And not that I was ever a DV fan, but it still seems like a big thing for someone who was so well-established in the esoteric industry to suddenly change team and denounce everything she'd built up. How I didn't find out about it till now is also slightly embarrassing, but whatever.

Are there any Doreen Virtue fans here? (or even just sideliners like me who feel the need to comment on it) I'd be curious to hear other people's thoughts on this.
Old 14-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Master
I didn't know either, had to Google what had happened.
I'm not a fan of DV either, never have been. Always felt a bit fake to me. I do have 3 decks from her still that do resonate. I'd sold a few others shortly after buying, then decided to not buy her stuff anymore as it doesn't really resonate.
Maybe that's why she turned to another source herself as well, maybe also somehow missing that one click from what she was doing, like I was missing that click in her work?
In any case, as I see it, it doesn't really matter that much as long as it aligns you with Source. If she takes on the restricting views religion often has... guess she needs to learn something then?

All in all it is peculiar. Not heard something like this before, haha.
Old 14-10-2017, 03:20 PM
Deactivated Account

I had no idea I just googled... dang Tealily spilling the tea and I had to comment from the Gym. Is she demeaning the divinity market /occult and people following this route?

I only ever owned one deck from hers and it was the Past Life Oracle and I only bought it because I was more a fan of the person who co wrote it with her (dr. Brian Weiss). Honestly I always thought she was Christian anyways, angles, Jesus and Mary cards. Not to knock on her but there was something unauthentic and glossy about her cards in my personal opinion. It was like she was masking the occult in super thick feel good vanilla, almost like her cards were designed to not make people feel guilty for practicing divinity. It's like yes maybe my cards are dark and uncomfortable but what I am practicing is no different than what your doing with your cute baby angles. Maybe she figured that out; the masking. Just my opinion. : Nothing wrong with it either, much of the tarot were used in ancient Christian institutions. Just like many holidays, Christmas was paganism. Much of the practices we do in the Catholic church ( lighting candles, chants,) are occult inspired. Such controversial noise needed?

... to add, I don't use the tarot to communicate with angles or entities, I don't need any tool/card to communicate to my source but Were is the profit in that when someone is trying to sell a product? Again, I am wondering if she just had a learning lesson on some self realization, we all do, tis life
Old 14-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Master
What have I missed?

I bought a couple of her decks but haven't really used them. I only bought them because she was so "popular" and everyone seemed to buy them, so I thought they must be ok.

No, sorry, I did try one of her decks, the message from Jesus one, but didn't think much of it. Wasn't sure if it was the cards or my situation though, but they just didn't seem to fit.

I was going to have another go with her cards in the next week or so - after trying another deck which worked well, I thought maybe I should try hers again.

She must have something going for her surely, she's sold that many books and decks. You'd think if they didn't work or fit or whatever, people wouldn't keep buying them. I read that she'd written something around 50 books or thereabouts.
Old 14-10-2017, 08:44 PM
55Degrees

Wow, I thought everyone knew. I had a couple of decks, one for a comparison exercise I was doing and her Fairy Tarot (which I trimmed, made into an oracle and binned about 6 months later).

Ok it's lovely to hear someone who has found answers to their spiritual needs, however it begs the question, if she felt this way (or was beginning to 'find God'), why keep churning out deck after deck of what she now views as works of 'evil'. I mean, she's just had her Animal Tarot published.

I never liked her decks, her whole mass saturation of the market was shallow, fluffy and dismissive of a long rich tradition (all this rubbish about scary cards and changing card names so they weren't 'scary') and I disliked her approach to spirituality.
Two words - snake oil.
I could say a lot more, however I don't want to get banned

I just feel sorry for all those people who paid $$$$$$ for courses and certificates that are now meaningless since she has denounced them.

I'll shut up now, promise.
Old 14-10-2017, 09:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Wow, I thought everyone knew. I had a couple of decks, one for a comparison exercise I was doing and her Fairy Tarot (which I trimmed, made into an oracle and binned about 6 months later).

Ok it's lovely to hear someone who has found answers to their spiritual needs, however it begs the question, if she felt this way (or was beginning to 'find God'), why keep churning out deck after deck of what she now views as works of 'evil'. I mean, she's just had her Animal Tarot published.

I never liked her decks, her whole mass saturation of the market was shallow, fluffy and dismissive of a long rich tradition (all this rubbish about scary cards and changing card names so they weren't 'scary') and I disliked her approach to spirituality.
Two words - snake oil.
I could say a lot more, however I don't want to get banned

I just feel sorry for all those people who paid $$$$$$ for courses and certificates that are now meaningless since she has denounced them.

I'll shut up now, promise.
Oh, gosh, yes. Hadn't even thought of that. And there's this one woman over here, trained by DV, who does courses and stuff too. Maybe she's out of business as well now...

Her approach, I don't even know what it was, hihi. I never liked the woman all that much. I typed a posting earlier -that disappeared cos the forum didn't work- that I myself am not all that much into working with angels. No idea why, doesn't do it for me, even though my own name means 'angel'. Maybe that's why, I don't need additional angels, I am one myself
(laughing my head off here, and have a feeling some of my guides are too, lol).

The only thing -apart from a few decks- I did really like from her, were her morning & evening chakra cleansing meditations. I happened upon them at one time and they're great.

Why she kept pumping out decks? Maybe she was forced to by contract.
Old 14-10-2017, 10:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
And not that I was ever a DV fan, but it still seems like a big thing for someone who was so well-established in the esoteric industry to suddenly change team and denounce everything she'd built up. How I didn't find out about it till now is also slightly embarrassing, but whatever.

Are there any Doreen Virtue fans here? (or even just sideliners like me who feel the need to comment on it) I'd be curious to hear other people's thoughts on this.

Now she's mates with Christ as well, apparently, but she looks after animals, I hear, so she's probably a good stick at heart.
Old 14-10-2017, 11:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Now she's mates with Christ as well, apparently, but she looks after animals, I hear, so she's probably a good stick at heart.

Gem, so nice to see you in this neck of the woods, I got an extra box of magical furbie tarots you can use and join us

I was raised Catholic and at times I'm still involved with the Catholic church and honestly, I would never feel compelled to buy a product from her. When I would briefly see a promotional video from her, there was just something unauthentic and artificial about the character she was portraying, snake oil really does came to mind, but whatever , I can't hate on someones hustle. I just know her folks cant be judging my cards/tools because what she is offering is no different, just masking them with squeaky clean fairies and angles.

I honestly didn't know much about her because she never appealed to me but I was reading about her right now, and I found a observation from a blogger very interesting. They said she could possibly be trying to market to the 'end of the world' Christian folk. It really got me thinking. In the US right now it's A perfect time to be afraid and seek something external. We are a divided nation here with the "either you are with us or against us" mentalily. We elected a very fear based president, his policies are centered on people's fears. There has also been a lot of bluffing on his twitter on nuclear warfare, and with all these natural disasters,I feel this is perfect time to be Christian. Plus, its a bigger market to profit. She already built a base with the Divinity market, looks to me she is wanting an expansion. From what I know from the hurricanes here, there is lots to profit from with fear.

All just my opinion

From what I read, she is just going to revive a lot of her prodocuts. No more predictions, prophecies and she will revive her ascended Masters Oracle n take out the deities n focus them more on Jesus /angels.
Old 14-10-2017, 11:34 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Yeah, I heard she has a lot of rescue animals.
Old 15-10-2017, 12:04 AM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Gem, so nice to see you in this neck of the woods, I got an extra box of magical furbie tarots you can use and join us

I was raised Catholic and at times I'm still involved with the Catholic church and honestly, I would never feel compelled to buy a product from her. When I would briefly see a promotional video from her, there was just something unauthentic and artificial about the character she was portraying, snake oil really does came to mind, but whatever , I can't hate on someone hussel I Just knew she was never my cup of tea. I just know folks cant be hating or judging my cards or tools if your buying her prodcuts, because she is doing no different offering divinity prodcots with those squeaky clean fairies.

I honestly didn't know much about her because she never appealed to me but I was reading about her right now, and I found a observation from blogger very interesting. They said she could possibly be trying to market to the 'end of the world' Christian folk. It really got me thinking. In the US right now it's the perfect time to be afraid and seek something external. We are a divided nation here with the "either you are with us or against us" mentalily. We elected a very fear based president, he thrives on people's fears, he;s been bluffing heavily with WW3 nuclear war on his twitter account, there are natural disasters that are destroying countries so I feel this is perfect time to be Christian. Plus, its a bigger market to profit. She already built a base with the Divinity market, looks to me she is headed or wanting an expansion.

All just my opinion

Yes! This was what I was wanting to add to my post but didn't want to offend any Christian members.
She's exhausted the angel market and is now moving into another area. Her last couple of oracles have already headed in this direction.