Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 01-10-2017, 03:05 PM
Experiencer
I have been working with a local jeweler and I think I have a design of ring for my wife. It's simple but classy, and the design allows for multiple sizes of tourmaline, very forgiving in that respect.

The stone in the picture is not tourmaline, but you get the idea. I am debating between different tourmaline stones for our rings. I was thinking pink/red or multi color for her, and probably green or blue for me. It's becoming obvious that her stone will be much more expensive than mine. For starters green is much more available than red/pink or multi-color. Also the fact that I am pretty easy going, but for her I must get her something flawless and of very high quality
Old 01-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Master
Tourmaline is a wonderful crystal. I quite like the look of Petalite rings :)
Old 02-10-2017, 05:06 PM
Pathfinder
Beautiful idea and the band for your wife is gorgeous. Very unique.

My wedding ring is 3 black schorl tourmaline stones. :) I had it made but it is very big and chunky though. ;)

I think tourmaline is the perfect stone and you can feel the protection that emanates from it, protecting all that is connected to it.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:17 PM
Seeker
I <3 <3 LOVE it when people use alternate stones! Shows uniqueness & typically has a great story attached! J adore Watermelon tourm! SUPER MAGICAL!!
Old 05-10-2017, 04:54 AM
Experiencer
Hi Everyone ! I think I have made up my mind on a stone, at least for my own ring. I have found a seller that has some very rare color-change tourmaline. It changes from red to yellow and green. It also looks very masculine so I think it would be a very interesting and cool stone for a man's ring.

The pictures don't really do it justice. I have seen a full video of these and they have an internal fire that is really stunning. Thanks for the compliments in the regard that we are doing something different and unique. I think this is way cooler than some ordinary diamond. No offense to the diamond lovers. Tourmaline has a special place in our hearts, especially my wife as she is very drawn to the stone.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Master
Stunning ring!!!
Old 05-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Guide
Oooh I love those rings! I've never worked for a jeweler like Clover, but I mirror the sentiments that diamonds are common marketing stones that are too expensive for their availability. They're beautiful, but not as rare as everyone believes :p Can't wait to see the pictures of the final rings :)
Old 09-10-2017, 07:03 AM
Experiencer
I couldn't agree more Taurmel, I think diamonds are over priced and I have heard they are artificially inflated on the market. For us, tourmaline is much more special and has a place in our hearts. It's my wife's favorite stone, and for me, well I think it's awesome too. Probably my favorite stone is either fluorite or labradorite, but both would make a lame stone for a wedding ring.

It's official, the search for my stone is done. I ended up buying the color change tourmaline for my own ring, and I will have a custom made ring made with it. It changes from red to yellow to green. I was debating between this an a indicolite blue one, but I thought this was very unique, rare and interesting. It's 5.73 carats, and measures 13.1 mm by 7.5 mm. I think it will be perfect for a men's ring. I have never bought a gemstone before, but as you all know, I have bought lots of large natural crystal clusters.

As for my wife...I still am on the hunt for the perfect tourmaline stone. She has now hinted she wants a tourmaline that has copper in it. I.E- Copper bearing tourmaline .EERRRRGGGG !! @#&!# Does this mean I have to buy her a Paribia blue tourmaline, those things are more than flawless diamonds ! Why does this woman always want the most expensive thing ? ( she is of course worth it ) Is there any other tourmaline that has copper in it ? I thought a pink or multi-coloured one would be better for a woman, but I guess the high end Pariabia Tourmaline looks a lot like diamonds, and has the price tag to go with it !

I still might get her the vintage purple tourmaline ring I posted, but of course she wouldn't get the copper bearing tourmaline that she wants, and I would have to see if I could resize it, I think I can do better getting her a custom made piece.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Experiencer
I think we have found a stone for my lady's ring. It's a huge orange copper bearing tourmaline over 7 carats and VVS near flawless clarity. My lady never ceases to surprise me. I think most ladies would want a true red or pink, but instead of thinking it's an off color, she literarily was like " OMG it's orange ! " I must admit, orange is not a typical color and is fairly interesting.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:24 PM
Experiencer
That's a beautiful stone. One thing to consider when picking another type of stone/gem/crystal is how it ages. Does it get cloudy? Or does it stay the same and only needs the surface to be cleaned like a diamond?