Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 26-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
..."Some of the sexual preferences of Fungi are referred to as Heterothallic. Yes, Heterothallic just like a Heterosexual person. The “male-like” spores seek out the “female-like spores” and upon finding will begin producing their sexual hormones in order to “get it on”, if you will.

...Others are referred to as Homothallic, which means that they enjoy the simplicity of self-pleasure in order to reproduce. Just imagine that every time you self-pleasured, there was the chance of pregnancy!!!

...And to make matters even more complicated, sexual reproduction in the Fungi consists of three sequential stages: plasmogamy, karyogamy, and meiosis. We are talking sex on the nuclear level here, which sounds EXPLOSIVE to me

R6, hahaha You are hilarious! We don't actually know whether mushrooms "feel" anything, but I really do have to applaud the creativity and craft that went into these posts
For your sake, I hope they do enjoy their tasks at hand. And thank you for the interesting facts and making biology lab quite a bit more interesting
Maybe if humanity had 36K sexes, we'd all be much more chilled out and honourable

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 26-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Linen - good on you This is spot on, in my book. I hear exactly what you're saying. It takes time to stop beating yourself up because it's what one was used to as a child...we don't even realise when we're young. In many aspects of life, we have to learn what love truly is, in a much deeper purity of expression or manifestation. And where does that often start? So, so often, it starts with saying "no" to folks and behaviours that do not align with our centre. Whilst continuing to welcome those that do into our lives.

Having to redefine myself took a whole lifetime. Resetting standards I felt comfortable with rather than what I was taught. I didn't do it consciously, It was a biproduct of living and learning. Kind of like a rubber band that is stretched out. Eventually it will snap back to it's natural form once released.

Quote:
You got that right. Certainly I think for many folks, not ALL of your fam is soul family, probably most are not. And maybe none are, for many folks. Instead, you build new ties with many in your family of birth, since you spend so much time around them. And probably a lot of it is exactly to experience the various challenges, both emotional/spiritual and physical, such as the gene you mention.

My stepmother has been on my mind a lot lately. I think how her and I mixed about as well as oil and water. Her ying was my yang and visa versa, lol. And though she isn't my favorite person, I owe her so much. In an underhanded sort of way she is the reason I was able to redefine myself many years later to the person I am today.

Quote:
I don't know exactly what to say about my soul fam. They are deeply humanitarian and aquarian, already aligned to a society and a way of being that has not yet manifested here. They are not overly well suited to the current culture, that's for certain, and I mean that in the best possible sense. Most do not take existence broadly nor human connection and relationships specifically in a light or superficial manner. They understand the power and sanctity. So most of society today, including many in our birth families, don't fully get folks like this as so many today are at a different place and are reveling in the greed, excess, and degradation in various ways.

I'm not surprised your soul family is advanced. You are, thus your soul family would be as well. I don't have any communication (on a conscious level) with my soul family so I can't determine exactly where we are in our spiritual evolution as a group. I've also read somewhere that often one of the group will come and incarnate and the rest of the group will learn from their experience. If that is true, that would be me.

I just don't get the greed thing. Or power thing.

Quote:
Thanks SO much for sharing about this...very cool indeed. I myself feel a huge resonance with the holistic beliefs and ways of ancient priestesses and with the wise folks, shamans, and druids. But you were able to deal with the hierarchy and you flourished regardless...I applaud you!

Well, I wouldn't say I flourished as the Greek Orthodox Priest. I was frustrated and bitter. It has bled over into this life in I don't like anyone blocking my path, both physically or emotionally. And I realize where the roots of that began and recognize it.

Quote:
So THAT is clearly not always true, then, is it? LOL!!!

I think this insight is one of the most pertinent and universal.
ALSO the one about how you realise you still have the courage and fortitude gained from that earlier life experience as a Viking. You can "see" the connection across lifetimes.

Yes, I can see the connection. The life as a Nordic warrior was the apex of my incarnations. All fun and games up to that point; just the thrill of being alive. But from then on, it's been, "roll up the sleeves and lets get to work" learning.

Quote:
I also don't think I've "picked" a primary gender for eternity. Even if I have done (?), I'm certainly going to continue to switch it up in future
I'm happy to have had experiences as men and women in different settings.
I think it's hugely liberating to know that nothing is "set in stone".
More and more, I get where the Buddhists are coming on this...seeing through the illusory basis for discrimination and bias...the justification of the so-called "inherent moral inferiority" of women, or of minorities, etc, etc, based on superficial "genetic" differences that are said to reflect "eternal" spiritual differences. When in reality, we change up the physical incarnations constantly -- and we do so precisely for those vastly different experiences and the challenges they present!!!

I get a physical thrill, like a rush of goosebumps when I think of the power I held as a Viking warrior. It was a rush! Back to reality, for me there are perks for being male, and perks for being female. Who says we have to choose?

Quote:
And, all told, it's why I feel that all of this portion of the discussion is really where it's at. It's ultimately about how those genes are expressed within the context of our lives, how they are guided by our experiences and our environment...and by our hearts, minds, and spirit. Though, the genes do rule when it comes to our foundational diet for the body, don't they? Hahaha...as you and I have both learnt so well! That's where I give genes their main due!!!

Peace & blessings
7L

You know, hearing how r6 has defined the genetic makeup (or at least a tiny portion of it) it makes the gene theme even more authentic. Something, I for one, don't often take into account. That's why I started this thread. To give due to our genes.

Yep, bumps and bruises included, we've learned well. I'm a bit thick-headed so I may have a few more than you.
Old 27-09-2017, 02:57 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color Fungi><Animal-----Plant

7l, just so were clear, Ive made no comments suggesting that mushrooms/fungi "feel" anything. They are not animals ergo they have no nervous system.

However, they found some years ago the fungi are genetically closer to humans or animals in general than plants are to animals.

All 5 kingdoms share the many of the same genes and Fred Hoyle made this clear in his book "Intelligent Universe".

He pointed all the the genes the cause the color yellow or blue etc are the same in plants and animals.

Fungi is also obvious closely related to animals because we have various kinds of yeasts, or whatever other fungi that grow on us or in us.

No plants growing on humans/animals,

Hope that clarifies my thoughts.

http://www.brighthubeducation.com/sc...ngi-phylogeny/

....."The most obvious similarity between fungi and animals is their trophic level, that is, their place in the food chain. Neither fungi nor animals are producers as plants are. Both must use external food sources for energy.
Fungi and animals share a molecule called chitin that is not found in plants......

...."Fungi and plants may look similar, but they are not closely related. In fact, fungi are more closely related to animals than to plants.

Animals, plants, and fungi are the three major multicellular groups of the domain Eukaryota. Eukaryotes are organisms with complex cells which have features such as mitochondria and nuclei, and only Domain Eukaryota has evolved to have members consisting of many cells (although some eukaryotes, such as Amoeba and Paramecium, are single-celled).
Many fungi are superficially plant-like organisms. They grow visible structures that resemble plants or plant parts. On a microscopic level, plants and fungi both have cell walls, a feature that metazoan (animal) cells lack. The study of cladistics, however, results in a phylogeny tree in which fungi are more closely related to animals than to plants. In other words, animals have a more recent common ancestor with fungi than with plants, and the mushrooms in your salad are more closely related to you than to the lettuce."....

r6

Quote:
R6, hahaha You are hilarious! We don't actually know whether mushrooms "feel" anything, but I really do have to applaud the creativity and craft that went into these posts

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 27-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Master
Quote:
7l, just so were clear, Ive made no comments suggesting that mushrooms/fungi "feel" anything. They are not animals ergo they have no nervous system.
Hahaha! Ok, we're clear

Quote:
However, they found some years ago the fungi are genetically closer to humans or animals in general than plants are to animals.

All 5 kingdoms share the many of the same genes and Fred Hoyle made this clear in his book "Intelligent Universe".

He pointed all the the genes the cause the color yellow or blue etc are the same in plants and animals.

Fungi is also obvious closely related to animals because we have various kinds of yeasts, or whatever other fungi that grow on us or in us.

No plants growing on humans/animals,

Hope that clarifies my thoughts.

http://www.brighthubeducation.com/sc...ngi-phylogeny/

....."The most obvious similarity between fungi and animals is their trophic level, that is, their place in the food chain. Neither fungi nor animals are producers as plants are. Both must use external food sources for energy.
Fungi and animals share a molecule called chitin that is not found in plants......

...."Fungi and plants may look similar, but they are not closely related. In fact, fungi are more closely related to animals than to plants.

Animals, plants, and fungi are the three major multicellular groups of the domain Eukaryota. Eukaryotes are organisms with complex cells which have features such as mitochondria and nuclei, and only Domain Eukaryota has evolved to have members consisting of many cells (although some eukaryotes, such as Amoeba and Paramecium, are single-celled).
Many fungi are superficially plant-like organisms. They grow visible structures that resemble plants or plant parts. On a microscopic level, plants and fungi both have cell walls, a feature that metazoan (animal) cells lack. The study of cladistics, however, results in a phylogeny tree in which fungi are more closely related to animals than to plants. In other words, animals have a more recent common ancestor with fungi than with plants, and the mushrooms in your salad are more closely related to you than to the lettuce."....

r6

Very interesting stuff...as long as we're not eating an actual human relative...but this info may upset some vegans.
Then again, perhaps this closer relationship also explains the somewhat "meatier" texture of the mushroom

The physical realm is quite odd and yet in its own way a perfect emanation or manifestation of the non-physical realm.

Thanks again for the information!
Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 27-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Arrow DNA > RNA > Proteins---i.e. Genetic Dogma

Ok 7L, glad we are clear. Yes Interesting indeed but so incredibly complex...overwhelming. Here is a piece of my last post that I wanted restate but have not yet research more on.

..."On a microscopic level, plants and fungi both have cell walls, a feature that metazoan (animal) cells lack."...
----------------------------------------------------------------------

DNA > RNA > Protein is the genetic dogma

...."The sequence of bases that make up DNA encode a corresponding sequence of amino acids which make up proteins.

.... Molecular biologists had at first assumed that in a gene, all the DNA coding for a protein would be continuous, and that is what they found when they first looked at the genes of prokaryotes (bacteria and other simple cells). Hi I'm a simple cell

...When researchers looked at more complex (eukaryotic) cells, -- hi I'm a more complex cell ----however, they found that the encoding DNA is typically discontinuous: stretches of encoding DNA (called exons) are interspersed with long stretches of non-encoding DNA (called introns).

..After the DNA is transcribed into a string of RNA--but before the RNA is translated into protein--the introns are edited out. --- No I dont want to edited out

.. Although introns have sometimes been loosely called "junk DNA," the fact that they are so common and have been preserved during evolution leads many researchers to believe that they serve some function.

http://www.pnas.org/content/99/25/16128.long
..Introns are prevalent in the complex eukaryotes but rare in the simple ones.

..Introns can be acquired by or eliminated from a gene during evolution, but what is the balance?

An introns-late view argues that introns arise as “selfish” elements that play no constructive role in evolution.

In this view, introns existed before any eukaryote–prokaryote divergence, and since that time, the prokaryotic lineage completely lost its introns, whereas they were retained in the eukaryotes"...

Sorry, I know I've gone a little off topic, just this thread got me reinterested in genetics.

Quote:
Hahaha! Ok, we're clear
Very interesting stuff...as long as we're not eating an actual human relative...but this info may upset some vegans.
Then again, perhaps this closer relationship also explains the somewhat "meatier" texture of the mushroom
The physical realm is quite odd and yet in its own way a perfect emanation or manifestation of the non-physical realm.

7L

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 27-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Having to redefine myself took a whole lifetime. Resetting standards I felt comfortable with rather than what I was taught. I didn't do it consciously, It was a biproduct of living and learning. Kind of like a rubber band that is stretched out. Eventually it will snap back to it's natural form once released.

Yes, so true. But I bet some of then you did unconsciously or consciously from very early on, too...like thinking, "I'm not going to do [those things my stepmum is doing]" and so forth. I remember thinking that about many of the things my dad and mum said and did. Lessons in what not to do or say to others, LOL. And pretty clear ones too.

Though learning to truly value yourself and set emotional and/or physical boundaries and say no does take many years, for certain. Particularly when not learnt young. For me I had an innate instinct about physical boundaries (though many do not, we are failing them, and that is tragic), but setting emotional boundaries is something you learn with experience, it seems.

Quote:
My stepmother has been on my mind a lot lately. I think how her and I mixed about as well as oil and water. Her ying was my yang and visa versa, lol. And though she isn't my favorite person, I owe her so much. In an underhanded sort of way she is the reason I was able to redefine myself many years later to the person I am today.
Yes...my folks taught me on the ground from day 1 about the lifetime process of forgiveness and reconciliation. It requires a heart of blood and steel to endure this. To continually forgive and find the love, and to constantly steer and redirect to reconciliation. My mum appreciates it and my dad is beginning to do so, I think. That's seen as gravy really...because we all know you may never get that. But let's be brutally honest...the gravy is what deeply heals us. The gravy is reconciliation and a truly mutual authentic love for one.

The gravy is the foundation, and if they've blown you off this go round then next time round you may give them a loving wave in passing and be on your way...perhaps you can let them just pay it forward and you can choose not to have to deal with them too much. That sort of thought is what keeps me going when I think about having to deal with folks in other lives who have been particularly cruel or unkind...the thought that next go round, perhaps we don't have to even go there. We can leave it as a kind word in passing ;)

Now what sux is when they are your close soul fam and they are unkind...do you really have to keep signing on to cross paths when they are just not willing to treat you well in lifetime after lifetime, or if they cannot forgive and let go? What a drag IMO...having got a lot of my memories back about other lives, I actually feel a fair amount of dread at the thought of having to deal with certain folks again in future when things haven't really been left at a good place in this lifetime.
If they were not close soul fam, you'd just leave it and not worry. But unfortunately now I know (that is, I can remember) it comes back again and again when your souls are close. This is like a ball of toxic stuff that you have to fix up and mend and transform and then eat, and if you don't it just comes back around in the future. When there are loads of roadblocks and/or perhaps some underlying hostility or resentment, so very little of what we earnestly put forward can be seen for what it is, I think. And then of course you cannot be seen as you really are, either.

My feeling is, oh for God's sake, at this point if they can't step up to a place of lovingkindness and reconciliation, then can't they go "learn" on others how to be decent, how to give and receive love and forgiveness, and how to let go of hostility and resentment, LOL? Well, if we must sign on to cross paths again and again with some folks, perhaps we can just keep it very brief and offer kindness in passing I just know I need an effing break for a while from some, unless folks finally get it together, LOL. I know I told Michael I wouldn't request it officially, but I'll be damned certain to keep my distance in all other lifetimes unless and until they have come to a better place, hahaha!

Quote:
I'm not surprised your soul family is advanced. You are, thus your soul family would be as well. I don't have any communication (on a conscious level) with my soul family so I can't determine exactly where we are in our spiritual evolution as a group. I've also read somewhere that often one of the group will come and incarnate and the rest of the group will learn from their experience. If that is true, that would be me.

I just don't get the greed thing. Or power thing.

Very kind of you. I would say the same of you...and it takes a lot of that Viking strength to get on with things without close soul friends on your path from time to time. What I see for myself is that women are great soul friends but that many of the men are badly damaged at present. Many of men in my soul fam cannot give much in the way of authentic love or support as people to others in this current incarnation. Many of the men have it a lot harder right now underneath the surface, because they are having to remember how to treat women according to what they know is right and directly against what society has told them is "ok" for the entire duration of their current lifetimes.

This has been hard because they too were expecting the women in their lives to readily and naturally love them authentically when they offered their bodies (usually, however, it's just the opposite in those cases and sex without love is just that). In some cases, their mothers may have also used sex to essentially barter for things or as their main M.O. throughout their lives, and that really screws with a man's perception of women. To the point that some have a lot of trouble seeing the basic humanity of women in general, beyond sex or utility. They have trouble valuing a woman equally to a man in her character and honour and purity of heart, and yet at some level they clearly know it's wrong and that it's misaligned with who they are as souls. They fully realise they've frequently treated some women in very mean and low ways purely due to their own biases. When I saw some women, I mean those women who approaches a man as if they are his equal in mind and heart and spirit...because they are.

Many of the men in my soul group are still working through that in some way...where they stumble is the fact that our entire society is built on lies, oppression, and exploitation and that almost none of the overlay is right and good, except for the love and support we give one another. I'm not sure why they're having so much trouble with this, but they are. They expected the good to have arrived by now, and they still can't quite accept the meanness and degradation they have experienced even in their intimate relationships, i.e., that most of them also have not ever been authentically loved by a sex partner or a relationship partner (and nor have most men cultivated authentic love in friendship with a woman who is not family). But the fact remains this is so, and they still have to take part in bringing the good into being.

I think most men in my soul group thought that they would be involved in "more important" spiritual and worldly tasks, and what they don't realise is that they are already involved in those tasks. If fact, they signed on to be involved in the "most important" spiritual work of the age. And so now here they are.

They are struggling to realise and accept that the manifestation of authentic love on the ground in our own lives and the lives of those we touch IS actually the primary work of our existence AND also the "most important" spiritual work of our age, right here and right now.
Quote:
Well, I wouldn't say I flourished as the Greek Orthodox Priest. I was frustrated and bitter. It has bled over into this life in I don't like anyone blocking my path, both physically or emotionally. And I realize where the roots of that began and recognize it.

Yes, I can see the connection. The life as a Nordic warrior was the apex of my incarnations. All fun and games up to that point; just the thrill of being alive. But from then on, it's been, "roll up the sleeves and lets get to work" learning.
I totally get this. I can feel the resistance I have to submitting to the grinding oppression of the patriarchy and the hierarchy. It nearly crushed the life out of me last go round as the marginalised small woman.
Quote:
I get a physical thrill, like a rush of goosebumps when I think of the power I held as a Viking warrior. It was a rush! Back to reality, for me there are perks for being male, and perks for being female. Who says we have to choose?
I agree. We don't have to make a choice. In fact, I don't see how we can fully realise ourselves without doing a lot of hopping around. What would be nice (for me) would be, to be able to have a woman's life without the grinding oppression and exploitation, and in a place of peace and affirmation, where my humanity is equally valued and honoured. And as a man, to live peacefully, where women are equally valued and where men are free to also be fully human, to feel and emote and communicate freely...and to engage with one another without violence and endless sword-fighting and betrayal.

Quote:
You know, hearing how r6 has defined the genetic makeup (or at least a tiny portion of it) it makes the gene theme even more authentic. Something, I for one, don't often take into account. That's why I started this thread. To give due to our genes.

Yep, bumps and bruises included, we've learned well. I'm a bit thick-headed so I may have a few more than you.

The gene theme definitely has something to it. It's just fascinating to me to see the interplay of spirit and physicality. Such as how you no doubt have some of those Nordic warrior essence genes in your "spiritual" makeup, which can probably now be measured as some of your "genetic" character tendencies. Now just how does that happen, hahaha? Particularly lifetime after lifetime? That's the kind of thing that really underscores just how complex and intricate this all is.

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 24-10-2017, 11:05 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Read "Sex on the Brain: The Biological Differrences Between Men and Women" Deborah Blum years ago, great read imho
Covers many species of animals. r6
Thanks for that r6! I looked into the author and found her newest book called "Love at Goon Park: Harry Harlow and the Science of Affection". You can read a google books extensive preview at the following url: https://books.google.com/books?id=ob...ge&q&f=fals e

Darn that's a large url, if it doesn't direct you properly then just go to google books and search for the title or author. It was written in 2011 so it includes some of the latest science. :)
Old 24-10-2017, 11:32 PM
Ascender
Quote:

My conversation with you was brief, so I think we'd have to go into a lot more depth before I can clarify what you think I'm thinking and what you think you agree with regarding what you think I think, etcetera hahaha.

This is an open forum so I can read everything you write. I think, based on that, I'm somewhat privy to your general mindset. :)

Quote:
I will say however that I've read loads of stuff with regard to scientific and biologically-based explanations of why we do what we do, and I find them largely unusable and only tangentially relevant, basically as you were saying, as any sort of standalone resource.
And that is because again to paraphrase what you were saying but with regard to my context, we are so much further down the road than that. In other words it is so far removed from where we are as integral, full human beings to try to somehow connect some very simplistic instinctual urges to the vast majority of everything we say and do and decide and so forth in our daily lives. It is vastly more nuanced and complex than that, even a simple conversation.

Well then you didn't read very deeply. The same science tells me the very opposite. Our bodes and our drives are incredibly complex while our minds are so simple, leaving us with the impression that we have more control than we actually do. There's no need to go much further with this discussion until you do some more digging among the books that I pointed to. Much of your opinions about the male and female differences seem to have emerged out of the 1960's when things were defined in emotional terms. Full of thoughts about ideals, and seriously lacking in usable "are as they are's". Humans are bound in such a way that hardly allows for extensive existential variables. Here's an old Buddhist saying that seems to be talking about your general approach: If you love the sacred and despise the ordinary, you are still bobbing in the ocean of delusion - Linji

I realize that you're a warm and loving person and are invested with all heart and soul. I'm just suggesting that you're missing a thing or two. :)
Old 24-10-2017, 11:54 PM
Ascender
Quote:

BUT I have to say, in the past or other lives I recall as a man, I did not ever feel less complex as a man than as a woman. Likewise for those lives as a woman, I simply felt largely ignored and thus largely misunderstood -- but as a direct and logical outcome of being largely ignored in the totality of my humanity.
Oh, and one other thing. If you've ever lucid dreamed, or semi-lucidly dreamt then you should know not to take overly seriously the "real feeling" stories that emerge from our dreaming.. and then confuse those with past life experiences. I'm willing to bet that the vast, vast, vast majority of such "recollections" could be attributed to just such experiences. I study such dreams, because I've been doing both often for the last many years. This doesn't mean that past lives aren't a thing, but I'm quite confident that we wouldn't be able to relate in any way to such lives. Your quote above looks to me like you're projecting your current mindset onto the caricatures within such dreams. Of course, then, they wouldn't seem that different because they're an extension of your current self. Our dream lives are truly profound, they do stuff that seems "other" because they come from the unconscious, the real things of past lives would be uncomfortably different. Our current sense-oriented mind has no context for such other-life knowings.
Old 24-10-2017, 11:55 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Thx OB for this reply as I looked at that book and others and have put the poisoners handbook in my cart. Will see if it is on Ebay also.

All of her books appear to be good reads. Thx again. r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Thanks for that r6! I looked into the author and found her newest book called "Love at Goon Park: Harry Harlow and the Science of Affection". You can read a google books extensive preview at the following url: https://books.google.com/books?id=ob...ge&q&f=fals e

Darn that's a large url, if it doesn't direct you properly then just go to google books and search for the title or author. It was written in 2011 so it includes some of the latest science. :)