Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 31-10-2018, 10:04 PM
Suspended
Guide
How to feel it?

I just had an epiphany. I have like an empty space inside me... theres just a lot thats happened in this life so far and its taken its toll on me. I want to heal from the past. Well, the epiphany is that I need to stop seeking for other people to fill this void in me because they cant and seek god instead for that purpose. Thats what ive been looking for all along.
thats who ive been longing for.

Im unsure of how to do this. I dont feel the holy spirit or jesus or god like I used to. I used to be able to feel the presence and how powerful and purely loving it is. Its like im doing something wrong or being tested. Any advice? Thanks
Old 31-10-2018, 10:14 PM
Sit...sit....be still...just that...want for nothing...but, secretly in the back of your mind want only Him.

Breathe, relax , be comfortable....sit with no thoughts....wait...
Because you want only Him, right?

Show Him....you will wait....for how ever long ....for Him.
Life is very simple...knowing Him is very simple...just make a place for Him.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-10-2018, 10:26 PM
Suspended
Guide
Thanks miss hepburn I appreciate what you said. It confirms that im doing the right thing by waiting. ♡
Old 01-11-2018, 08:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla
I just had an epiphany. I have like an empty space inside me... theres just a lot thats happened in this life so far and its taken its toll on me. I want to heal from the past. Well, the epiphany is that I need to stop seeking for other people to fill this void in me because they cant and seek god instead for that purpose. Thats what ive been looking for all along.

Im unsure of how to do this. I dont feel the holy spirit or jesus or god like I used to. I used to be able to feel the presence and how powerful and purely loving it is. Its like im doing something wrong or being tested. Any advice? Thanks

You are lucky to feel an ' empty space inside ' most are full of uselessness....

It is on the empty space within a building/vessel that its use depends.

Turn off your Mobile/Music/TV remove your Headphones lol, and go for a walk amongst nature each day, stop, look and listen and see what fills your ' empty space '
Old 01-11-2018, 05:20 PM
Suspended
Guide

I kinda know how it feels, that emptiness inside, always, saying, fill me with something, anything, and here, most of the people chose that "anything" that is harmful: alcohol, drugs and the list goes on; don't make that mistake, it will make things far more worse.The empty space will never be filled and you will feel a hunger for more and more of those things, just to feel "complete" once again, so you say.

This is what I do too, I seek God because I know that this is the only way to have inner peace.

I use to meditate from time to time, I take walks in nature, I admire the beauty of this world, I breath, believe me, breathing helps more than I can tell.Take a look at the simple pleasures of this life, read a book, enjoy a tea, listen good music, laugh, help others, give, be good with everyone, even when it hurts, in special when it hurts.To be able to free and to heal myself from the things I experienced in past I needed to forgive the past, to forgive and to forget.When a painful memory comes, just say: "I forgive you"; and go on with your life, this is what I do.If I may tell you something, my father always made me to suffer, you know, with words, with his behaviour, for a very long time I used to hate him, even in present there are moments when I feel that hate, but always, always, I forgive, just as Jesus said: "Forgive your brother seventy seven times"; ( Matthew 18:22 ) that's how powerful forgiveness is.

In few words, you have to disconnect from this society, from this world, so you can reconnect with your own self.Meditation is very important to achieve this "reconnection", when you meditate, you just observe the inner and the outer world, no judging, just observe.

These are my advices from my own experience, depression caught me in its web, but with little steps, I am freeing myself.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:58 AM
Experiencer
Quote:

Before you go to sleep. Ask God for the following.

"I want to be compassionate to myself."

"I want to be compassionate to my family and friends".

"I want to be compassionate to my enemies and those who hurt me".

"I want to be compassionate to the world".

Meditate on how to be compassionate towards people. Love is the fruit of the Spirit, and compassion is the seed of the Spirit. Miss Hepburn is right. Rest and let others show compassion towards you.

You will feel the Spirit all the time if you practice balance in your walk.

God Bless

sf
Old 07-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Ascender

what you said was right on point..."seek god instead." Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3) through Jesus, and many others throughout the bible. gives us Good!... advice concerning seeking God and what we need to do in order to get his attention. get to know the true God as Jesus stated, because it means our lives ,(John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). then seek and do his "WILL", just as Jesus did ,(John 4:34 , Jesus said unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work).

and just as Jesus told his true followers to do ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven). we can't just sit and think it'll all come to us, Jehovah God and Jesus both taught us that we must go to Jehovah through Jesus ,(John 14:6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me).
making sure our prayers are accordingly to his will ,(1John 5:14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us), such as, asking to do his Will.

instead of relying on the advice from imperfect mankind. which might sound good and fine, it can also lead to ones destruction ,(Pro. 16:25 There is a way that seem right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death). we should go to those perfect Heavenly beings. we need not also trust in what we believe to be so, but the word of God, he will lead us in the right direction ,(Pro. 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths). go to them, you won't be disappointed!
Old 07-11-2018, 09:23 PM
Suspended
Guide
Thanks everyone for the advice. I picked up the book A course in Miracles finally and am finding the answers there. <3
Old 08-11-2018, 02:03 AM
Angel1

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the advice. I picked up the book A Course in Miracles finally and am finding the answers there. <3
What?
Get the hell outta here...well if you have any questions lemme know...
and if it seems at all complicated in any way....don't get discouraged...
I can suggest an intro book that helps even the oldies.
This is an advanced Path, you know....not for everyone.
But it's the bomb!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-11-2018, 03:02 AM
Tesla and I are on our way discussing the Course....if anyone was wondering, hahaha... What fun!