Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 15-02-2017, 05:36 AM
Master
Mantak Chia

I'm doing some research about our energy system, interpreting Mantak Chia's writings about Big Dipper Taoist Neidan (inner alchemy) through the eyes of Tantra. I was just wondering whether anyone here has studied his teachings or cares to share about their practice - working with jing-chi-shen.
Old 15-02-2017, 12:34 PM
Master
Mantak Chia is considered to be a dangerous energy teacher amongst daoists, especially in regard to male retention. There are many stories of damage caused by following his practices.
Old 16-02-2017, 03:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Mantak Chia is considered to be a dangerous energy teacher amongst daoists, especially in regard to male retention. There are many stories of damage caused by following his practices.

Wow! Dangerous - how? What damage is he accused of? You can PM me if you want to.
Old 16-02-2017, 04:31 AM
Master
This is a brief discussion of issues related to Mantak Chia, there are countless others as well. Thanks for being open to hearing this. http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/9450...-it-did-to-me/
Old 16-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Master
omg, poor guy - what he put himself through...

Well this idea of "semen retention" is in yoga as well. This is not something I ever researched nor care to research.

The real teaching should be about retaining the subtle essence (the "lust") and bringing that energy of lust higher up into any of the chakras above the sexual chakra. So it's about the subtle (invisible) life force energy in our body NOT the physical fluids. If we bring that energy to the navel area we have more vitality for the body. If we bring it all the way up to the head area, we get intoxicated. I've experienced these things myself so I know what I'm talking about. This is an advanced practice, not for laypeople and I wouldn't recommend experimenting with it without a genuine Teacher who can guide you. First of all you need to be able to sense subtle energy (jing, chi and shen) to be able to do this - and to know what it means to be centered in higher consciousness. Otherwise it's not going to work. In my case these things happened spontaneously in the divine presence of my Teacher because his chi-shen is so powerful and beautiful - but I am learning now how to transmute my energy deliberately.

A proper Teacher would never enforce celibacy or suggest that anything be repressed or suppressed. Do-it-yourself mystical practices can be dangerous in any case, but people will try anyway and learn the hard way.

I am more interested in Mantak Chia because of the microcosmic orbit practice that I do, and also how he talks about the lunar constellations that I'm researching. As far as those things are concerned a lot of what he says makes sense to me. I'm sad if he is leading people astray with the other stuff, or if he is not explaining things well and people are misinterpreting and then "trying this at home" when they don't know what they're doing.

I'm asking in this thread where I can get more information about inner alchemy practice and about how the lunar constellations relate to that.
Old 21-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Interesting and have you tried it?
Or are you looking to find a suitable teacher first?
Old 23-02-2017, 02:56 AM
Master
https://chakranakshatras.blogspot.ca/
Old 15-02-2019, 02:58 PM
Master
I searched the forum to see if a thread was made about this man and found this so I'll bump this, hope nobody minds.

I see the negative reference about him but am not sure it's relevant for my purpose and intentions either so I'll disregard that for now but am open to hearing bad along with good to get a fuller picture. and I generally never believe or follow 100% of what a single person says anyway..

Anyways, I want to talk good about this guy though now because I've been really impressed with what I've heard from him. I first listened to him a year or two ago, and just happened to stumble upon a video with him that reminded me of how awesome the information he shares is. I am not sure which video is the best, but this one which just came on had some nice points so I will link it here for anyone interested in getting a feel for what he's teaching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaefdiE4ovk

from what I remember and was reminded, Mantak Chia is teaching about honoring the organs and energy of the body, including a newly discovered organ or brain in the abdomen called the mesentery. He shared some exercises which I tried but since neglected doing on any regular basis.. perhaps things those with taoism are already familiar with but I don't know.. spinning the hands near the stomach and smiling at all the organs one at a time and I forget what else but I plan to listen to him again soon, so that is part of the reason why I wanted to post about him here so I wouldn't forget. Uma did your interest in his suggestions or teachings culminate into anything?

and I'll check out your blog link above thank you Uma for that and this thread. Your microcosmic orbit practice sounds very interesting.
Old 15-02-2019, 11:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
Uma did your interest in his suggestions or teachings culminate into anything?

Not really.
Old 15-02-2019, 11:43 PM
Master

I thought that every child hears from his/her parents the admonition: don't trust people you don't know!

So, don't trust neither Mantak Chia, nor his denigrators!

At least Mantak publishes what he preaches, so he accepts the liability associated with his advice. What you read on the internet is overwhelmingly garbage.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.