Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 28-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Seeker
get stuck in a LD (nightmare loop,shadow people)

Few nights ago i had a Lucid dream ( more nightmare).Since the beginning I was fully aware this is a dream, however I could not wake up, I have few "wake up" techniques however none of them work a that time. instead of wakening up, my dream was restarting him self !!around 10-15 times, it was terrible feeling, I was sure i will never wake up. I was thinking also about to go sleep in the dream ,but a was scared that my perception of time will change(like in the movie inception)

after last restart I sit down tired , and ask myself- who the f...k is doing this to me ?
almost immediately before me appeared three shadows person.
I told them:
- it is not funny...
and I wake up !! sweating and very tired

I wonder if someone else had similar problems in LD ?
Old 07-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Seeker

Hi Darth,

Recently I was in a semi lucid state/dreaming. I was holding my daughter and there was an unseen, by us, entity poking us and pushing and grabbing us. I told my daughter not to be afraid and told the entity to touch my hand twice if it was friendly. The entity touched once and made it clear it did not want to be friends. So I ended the experience, upon waking I thought a little bit about it and drifted off back to sleep. Three times i had the same experience maybe differing slightly each time ut of the same context.

Just before the I stirred for the last time I asked why had I had the same dream three times in a row and the answer came back plain and simple. 'Because I was not learning my lesson' was the answer.

My guess is that in some part I was afraid of the entity in some way or the experience itself was a little frightening that my lesson was to leave fear behind.

Maybe your experience is something along those lines but ultimately you are the master of your experience so only you can truly answer it.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Seeker
thx for answer NoisyLion

When usually I have a lucid nightmare I stop breathing , and I wake up immediately ( this used to be my the best technique to wake up). however in this cause when i stop breathing, I realize that nothing happen . it turned out that I does not need to breathe at all, it may sound strange but I was able to do thing in this LD with out any oxygen, It lasted so long I was scared of the can I kill myself. when I forced my self to breath again ,dream restart himself.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
What makes you afraid of the shadow figures. Are they threatening you in any way? do they speak or act aggressive? You may want to explore the actual dream itself to try and resolve what it is trying to say to you. You could have something from your past haunting you that you need to confront.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Seeker
I'm not afraid of the shadow creatures, the things I was afraid it was a restarting LD loop.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:43 PM
Seeker

Famous movie quote

Darth, what springs to mind here is a quote from famous movie ' Do you think its air your breathing ?

There is no need to breathe, your body will take care of its self whilst you are not there, after all its a machine. Just try to question the things that are happening whilst they are happening as trying to make sense with a waking brain will not work well.
Old 20-05-2015, 07:35 AM
Master

Quote:
I have few "wake up" techniques however none of them work a that time. instead of wakening up, my dream was restarting him self !!around 10-15 times, it was terrible feeling, I was sure i will never wake up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPlagueis
I'm not afraid of the shadow creatures, the things I was afraid it was a restarting LD loop.

Nods, I know exactly how you feel with that, I myself had the same thing happen once to me and was re-experiencing my dream soooo many times, completely stuck in it. I ended up thinking I was going to be forever stuck in a dream repeating.

It was a false awakening situation where I woke up each time, thinking I was completely awake and starting going about my daily life, getting breakfast, getting dressed, doing some housecleaning for a couple of hours... only to end up realising I was still asleep and then wake up again. This happened like maybe 12-15 times.

Every time I couldn't tell if I was asleep or awake either. By the time I woke up for real, I was at the point I no longer trusted my reality at all and wouldn't believe I was awake, it had messed me up so much. It was probably 9hrs before I realised that what I was experiencing was "real" and I was truly awake.

(Due to this I went like a whole day not knowing if I was really awake when I actually was. It was crazy, I was asking real people "are I asleep" and all these other things as I didn't know)

I also got once stuck in a weird time loop situation while I was actually awake and in real life reality, that was scary too and so so strange (I guess this fits with the time doesn't truly exist stuff. I was repeating conversations with certain people online over and over and over or rather I should say they were with me).

So having already experience it and hence knowing exactly how the convo would go and what the person would say next. To try to break free of this I was choosing to say something a little different each time to the previous times eg change topics but the others kept on bringing it back in some way by saying something I was trying to keep the convo away from so not to end up back where I started!!.

I cant remember what the convo was now but say the time loop situation was on talking about about cats,. always starting up at a specific line about a cat I'd talk to my friends online about anything else not related in anyway.. but within a minute or a few, sure enough the person started with that line and started the whole time loop off again. The situation was crazy and scary to be stuck like this for so long, trying different convos each time but always ended up with the loop again.

Being real life, there was no dream to break free of. In the end after 2 hrs or so of trying to break free of a physical time loop online (it was an interesting thing at first but it alsobecomes incredibly boring having the same convo over and over!!), I ended up getting off my computer to break it. Thank God it didn't reincur when I got back online the next day. I think I would of gone mad otherwise.

I find these time loop experiences far worst then anything like sleep paralyses.
Old 20-05-2015, 07:44 AM
Knower

Nightmares are sometimes a good way to face our fears without actual physical harm coming to us, but it can be a traumatic experience to have the feeling of not being able to wake up or these things that come to us while we sleep. You must remember that everything that you see is not real, especially if you are aware while in a dream-state - knowing you are 'dreaming' - meaning you are lucid. If you know you are dreaming but are still having a 'nightmare', you can use the will of your mind to stop what is happening around you. Try it out next time if you ever have this happening to you again.

As for not breathing, I've have an OBE where I stay 'aware' and 'awake' while falling asleep and often times jolt back into my body before crossing over because it feels as if I am not breathing, but you actually lose awareness of your breath while you fall asleep, but witnessing it happen can sometimes be scary because it is like your body stops breathing which is actually impossible.

Lucid dream loops are 'possible' in the sense that you can become obsessed with the idea of them happening. But here, in the dream-state, time does not exist. So it could seem like a second, or a century, depending on what perspective you decide to take on. I mean, if you're afraid of a loop I'd say it's probably because you think you'll being "stuck" in a dream which is also impossible, but your awareness might if you continue to think that it can. Which it can't. So yeah! Hope this helped you in some way.
Old 20-05-2015, 07:47 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescreens
Nightmares are sometimes a good way to face our fears without actual physical harm coming to us, but it can be a traumatic experience to have the feeling of not being able to wake up or these things that come to us while we sleep. You must remember that everything that you see is no real, especially if you are aware while in a dream-state - knowing you are 'dreaming' - meaning you are lucid. If you know you are dreaming but are still having a 'nightmare', you can use the will of your mind to stop what is happening around you. Try it out next time if you ever have this happening to you again..

Time loop situations are scary even if its a mundane thing and not a nightmare. The big fear of time loops comes from not being able to exit it and having to repeat it (the repeat thing and hence feeling actually "stuck in time" makes it feel far worst then a sleep paralyses experience). Makes one think it will go on forever. I was just doing my dishes and that in one and it was still very scary for these reasons.
Old 20-05-2015, 07:50 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
Time loop situations are scary even if its a mundane thing and not a nightmare. The big fear of time loops comes from not being able to exit it and having to repeat it (the repeat thing and hence feeling actually "stuck in time" makes it feel far worst then a sleep paralyses experience). Makes one think it will go on forever. I was just doing my dishes and that in one and it was still very scary for these reasons.

Woah, scary dishes dream! Sounds kinda funny to me. I don't see how a time loop would even work for dreaming, since you eventually must return to your body and the sensation of fear is very noticeable even if you are asleep... I'd just smash all the dishes and demand to be woken up! o-o Unless if that would make things worse, oh lol...