Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 04-08-2014, 12:19 AM
Master
Chamomile

I have some Roman Chamomile oil, and ended up with a plant, which also smells amazing :)

Curious to find out if anyone has a scented lawn?
Old 04-08-2014, 01:48 AM
Deactivated Account

Interesting question Snow Monkey.

I will have to see if I can find one of those plants, it is also supposed to be a calming scent. Chamomile tea is also very relaxing.

Dream Angel xx
Old 27-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Master
Hi :)

I think one of my books uses the word 'soothing' to describe it ~ I like the tea too!

One of the reasons I asked, was because quite a few people recommend putting a few drops of oil on your feet. If you had the space in the garden, instead of walking across hot coals, you could walk across a bed of chamomile

Oh! I just remembered a programme that I saw a while ago. It was about recalling childhood memories (if I remember correctly! lol), and the changes to the family garden. There was some steps, and I think that they planted some chamomile in between the slabs, so that you can catch the aroma now and again, as you walk about :)

One of my books has a nice little profile go it. I should read more of it, as I read somewhere that less is more, but the other day I was listening to someone talking about putting a few drops every 3 to 4 hours, on your feet, when you need it ~ not just when you think, but when you have a cold etc

~ will have to update the picture! :)

Snow Monkey
Old 29-08-2014, 07:29 AM
Deactivated Account

Hello Snow Monkey !

Soothing is a better word, than calming. Very interesting on putting some drops of the chamomile oil on your feet, not too much or they might fall asleep !

Nice idea of planting the chamomile between the steps in the garden.

yes, you should read more about it and share it I think there is something about peppermint oil or lotion that also soothes the feet.

Adrienne
Old 29-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Experiencer

I adore chamomile. I drink chamomile tea a lot - it's great for stress monkeys like myself

Peppermint oil is refreshing for the feet, it's also a great deodoriser and helps to reduce soreness and inflammation. Also great to relax the stomach, curb the appetite, ease nausea, ease a headache and it's refreshing if you're feeling tired or rundown. I love peppermint too
Old 29-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Deactivated Account

peppermint tea is one of my favorites too !
Old 29-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Guide
I love chamomile, I drink a lot of tea and I feel so relaxed. And I also take lots of chamomile bubble baths and I just relax away.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Master
Chamomile baths are great! Earlier I was flicking through a magazine, and came across a recipe for chamomile and honey ice cream

Oh! Peppermint tea is lovely ~ read somewhere a while back about how it can cool you down, or pep you up a little. Lemon is also good too :)

Think I'll use the oil warmer tonight, before I drift off. Need to pick up some more lavender tomorrow, so perhaps I'll take another look in my book, to see what other oils they suggest to use with chamomile...
Old 01-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Experiencer

Orange and ylang ylang work well.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Master
Thanks! :)

I had some Ylang Ylang in my basic aromatherapy kit, so I gave it a whirl. Orange sounds good too ~ on a fruity tip, my book also suggested lemon and grapefruit

It's interesting to read more about oils ~ Chamomile is for the throat chakra, and Ylang Ylang is for the heart chakra :)