Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 13-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Master
Pure Sychronicity Awareness

I was thinking of this more in terms of a thought experiment and also out of curiosity if such a thing is possible.

I believe I've had my share of pretty substantial synchronicities before, whether in terms of a seeming continuous stream or else in the sense of the multi-layered, multi-leveled variety, but I'm wondering if it were possible to experience pure synchronicity and what that would feel like.

Would it be some kind of direct mystical symbolic language consciousness, or would it drive a person mad as an overwhelming schizophrenic experience akin to for example the guy that movie (John Nash) A Beautiful Mind is based on, where a person loses grip with consensus reality.

Do we have synchronities according to some psychic energy cycle or do we experience them right when we need them in some preordained sense and no more no less than that? Or do we witness synchronicities based on our ability to recognize them at any given moment, if our minds are in the proper zen-flow state of mind.

Do we tune into synchronicity or does it tune into us? Or as an abstract consideration, is there even a difference?

Any and all thoughts welcome.
Old 13-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Master
Synchronicity is happening at all times. It's all about having the eyes to see it. If you slow down and pay attention, you will see more synchronicities in your life. Everything is connected.

Have you read Synchronicity by Carl Jung?

"Synchronicity is an ever present reality for those who have eyes to see." - Carl Jung
Old 14-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
I was thinking of this more in terms of a thought experiment and also out of curiosity if such a thing is possible.

I believe I've had my share of pretty substantial synchronicities before, whether in terms of a seeming continuous stream or else in the sense of the multi-layered, multi-leveled variety, but I'm wondering if it were possible to experience pure synchronicity and what that would feel like.

Would it be some kind of direct mystical symbolic language consciousness, or would it drive a person mad as an overwhelming schizophrenic experience akin to for example the guy that movie (John Nash) A Beautiful Mind is based on, where a person loses grip with consensus reality.

Do we have synchronities according to some psychic energy cycle or do we experience them right when we need them in some preordained sense and no more no less than that? Or do we witness synchronicities based on our ability to recognize them at any given moment, if our minds are in the proper zen-flow state of mind.

Do we tune into synchronicity or does it tune into us? Or as an abstract consideration, is there even a difference?

Any and all thoughts welcome.

I had almost constant synchronicities for a long time... I was motivated to make it go away though. It just hurt.
Old 14-05-2014, 06:11 AM
Master
Awakened Queen - I've read plenty of Carl Jung yes, although I don't recall that particular quote though it'd surprise me if I haven't read it at some point. I do remember he called it an 'acausal connecting principle' and of course was the one to coin the term. I'm not necessarily looking to increase my syncs, they happen often enough for my liking I was more musing on what pure syncrhonistic awareness would be like. Thank you for the quote though :) obviously a pertinent one for the topic of this thread and my question/s therein.

FallingLeaves - I get that, I've had a friend who's ended up in the psyche ward earlier in life and he was having synchronicities heavily at the time, I know this because he's/we've talked about it before quite frequently. I myself am usually touch and go with them; I notice, let it register, think about it for a moment maybe, let it make it's impressions on me and then move on.

I'm also wondering where the connection comes in as to the psychic aspect, how much of it is controlled by putting the energy out there or is it coming down the pipe regardless, so to speak? Take the classic default example of thinking of someone for the first time in awhile and then that person happens to call shortly after or at the moment you are thinking of them even. Maybe you thinking about them was detected by them in some psychic-quantum entanglement sense, and so they heard the call out to them of your thoughts on a subconscious level or vice versa and decided to give you ring.

However I've had significant phone/text moment syncs that go beyond this, I think?

For example, I was a mover at one point, and had quit the job but was friends with a guy who still worked there. So one night I was sitting at home and heard some noise outside and got up to check it out. When I opened the front door there was a guy in between the sidewalk and my front deck in a bushy area and looked like he was approaching my front door, or at least was snooping around there but when he spotted me he took off as I said something to the effect of, 'can I help you..' or 'what are you doing..' etc. So that threw me for a loop, it was late and I got a golf club out and put it by the front entrance in front of the door and think I held watch for awhile around the outside front of the place. But at some point shortly after it happened I sent my friend a text explaining what had happened.

He was on a move out of town, and another guy who also worked there plus the boss were also with him. They may have been on the highway driving at the time, but anyways the other former co-worker had just relayed to my former boss and friend a story about *some guy who was creeping around his front door late at night*.

My friend phoned or texted me back I can't remember, maybe both and told me this and apparently my former boss, who doesn't really buy into (or didn't at the time) the whole meaningful coincidence thing or else hadn't experienced it was pretty blown away by the timing of my text with the ending of my former co-worker's story (according to my friend who I texted).

In the latter instance, there is no way that could have been caused intentionally, at least not in the common way, everything came together to sync up. Never before or since have I found anyone sneaking around the front door, not at that place nor can I think of any other time other than cats. Always cats.

* (I saw it was 11:11 when i finished this post btw, and was about to add more but just because I'm weird with numbers decided to post, so that one was intentional for all you 11:11 buffs out there that may have noticed, haha. Here I am at 11:13 editing this last bit).
Old 14-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Master
I can only speak from my own experience, but I started noticing synchronicity when I went through a spiritual awakening. It freaked me out! I had no idea what was happening, and I felt like I was going insane. Now I'm used to them. I experience them all the time. I've adapted to living in crazy town

Time is an illusion. Past, present, and future are happening all at the same time. Synchronicity seems to be a blending of future into present. I'm reading Deepak Chopra's book on it right now. He talks about two dimensions. We have the material world, and then we have this other dimension where it's just energy. When one dimension bleeds into the other, synchronicity occurs.

Jung's favorite example of synchronicity was from a quote in Alice in Wonderland: "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards". Makes sense, right?
Old 14-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Master
Posting here so I can find this thread later.

Synchs are huge for me right now, for me it's about collapsing duality and signs from the universe all mixed up together.

Old 14-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Pathfinder

I'm posting here quick but will go and read it properly. I got a sign whilst reading the OP! I looked up and 18:18 was on the clock!

Ok read the posts properly now!

I never ever got signs or synchs. I began to doubt my twin was my twin as it was the ONLY thing I never got. On a good day I figured the universe didn't see the point as I pay no attention anyway. Recently I could sense a shift begining something was/is changing. number signs are everywhere now I get at least 3 or 4 a day now. I wonder what its leading too?
Old 15-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen

Jung's favorite example of synchronicity was from a quote in Alice in Wonderland: "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards". Makes sense, right?

I've quoted that before once on these forums somewhere, and it's a good one I agree because synchronicities are all about timing. Music is also about timing, the word 'coincidance' used by Rob Anton Wilson seems fitting to me, but I digress.

A question that occurred to me and I've thought of before; is there any relationship between deja-vu and synchronicity? Has anyone experienced deja-vu's in close proximity to synchronicity? Cannot remember if I have or not, don't think so.

And I see now that I've misspelled 'synchronicity' in the thread title, oops.
Old 17-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Master
Dejavus and synchs, yup... I have had those.

To be honest, the whole experience I had made me really really paranoid and upset, I got bashed with all sorts of synchs all at once and I was concerned I was going crazy. Maybe I did, for a few moments *shrugs* I am very lucky to have people in my life who were able to talk me through it, sharing their own experiences and understanding, and just generally holding my hand. I can't be certain it wasn't all linked to a kundalini type energy thing either. Just so... strange, I would not like to repeat it.

Old 17-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Dejavus and synchs, yup... I have had those.

To be honest, the whole experience I had made me really really paranoid and upset, I got bashed with all sorts of synchs all at once and I was concerned I was going crazy. Maybe I did, for a few moments *shrugs* I am very lucky to have people in my life who were able to talk me through it, sharing their own experiences and understanding, and just generally holding my hand. I can't be certain it wasn't all linked to a kundalini type energy thing either. Just so... strange, I would not like to repeat it.

Sounds like an intense experience Kaere, glad you made it through okay. Losing grip of the mind is not a fun time, I've been there myself in different ways but I think the balancing out adjustment of such ordeals helps us in the long run, or at least it has in my case (eventually).

Interesting to hear that someone has had both deja-vu's with Synchs before, I'm not entirely sure where that came from on my behalf to wonder such a thing other than they seem like possible related phenomena on some level.

I also wonder about visual synchs, if we are unconsciously or otherwise than intentionally drawn to look at a certain thing at exactly the right moment and if this is the case what is it exactly that causes us to look, is it when we are in a particular state of mind or is it some other influence.

Lot of times I find synchronicity comes in waves or cycles.