Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 24-06-2012, 06:44 PM
goldentimes

Hi Misscelt, In england I had to take level 3 IIHHT Dip. at a collage (I do not know if you have this dip. but if you do then it's best to take that) which I pasted, but I couldn't carry it on as the oils etc costed too much so I had to give it up.

You do have to have money behind you all the time and the oils have to be 100% pure. If the oils go's cloudy that means they have gone off, and you have to get new ones.

I wish you Good luck on it!
Best Regards & Blessings!
Old 24-06-2012, 07:52 PM
misscelt

Thank you goldentimes! I haven't seen any of my oils go cloudy yet, but its good to know I have to keep a look out for that!

As of yet it doesn't appear that there is any licensing here in the USA, but I'm not 100% clear on if you need to practice that under a separate license like massage/etc. For now I think we will be focusing on soapmaking and use it that way. I just want to make sure I know we learn everything we can first so that we keep everybody safe (i.e. don't put photosensitive oils into lotion or soap - eeek!). I also saw that there were some flowers that can cause miscarriage... so won't want to use those. So much we need to learn first. We also have to look into finding insurance before we do that, but it has been slow-going finding a place that would cover reiki, essential oils/aromatherapy AND body products. [bangs head on desk]

Yes, those oils are super expensive, but I've been hunting around online to see where I can get them for a reasonable cost. Hopefully I can get everything I need to start with for around $200 or so. It seems if you buy them wholesale you can get better deals, but there is a bigger up front cost (and they might end up going bad if they are the ones you don't use as often).

We might also save some money by only having one of us get the certification for now too... we can still both read the material, but we really only need one certificate for now. I might also ask the company if we can pay for one course and two tests... since the test part is separate anyway. Not sure yet.

So much to consider, it can get overwhelming. Exciting though! :)
Old 25-06-2012, 04:48 AM
Guide
I have a 25% off coupon for Floracopeia if you want it

Also, Mountain Rose Herbs carries some great stuff including oils. I get oils from both places because some each don't have and some are cheaper than the other.

I know it's expensive with those oils, but I can tell you they are so much better than the ones you buy from those wholesale sites. I just began buying a few (the ones that are most popular in products) then went from there. I actually used 25% off coupon to get the "best selling oils" kit from floracopeia and it's a wonderful variety. They last you a while and go a long way. When I tell people I got my cert from floracopeia they remark the great things they know about them. The founder actually travels all around the world to find these oils and they are rare. He is also creating a flower essence line...yay!

Are you selling on etsy yet? I sell products I make on etsy that I've made with my essential oils including skin care and more. Really organic and wildly harvested are the way to go. I can tell you that you're smelling the real deal with the oils you get from floracopeia and mountain rose herbs.

Let me know if you need any help on anything including product making. I love to help.

She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them. -Beau Taplin
Old 25-06-2012, 05:41 PM
misscelt

OMG! 25% off would REALLY help bigtime!!!

I plan to start out on Etsy, but we haven't settled on a name yet. As soon as that part gets figured out we can start designing the shop/packaging. Nothing like doing things backwards, but my background is in design... so it's usually easier for me to start there. At least that would give us time to learn a little more about everything too. :)

I found texasnaturalsupply online and they seemed to have really good prices. Have not ordered anything from them yet though. MountainRose I will have to take another look at, they seem to be very highly recommended by just about anyone I talk to. The prices seemed pretty reasonable too from what I remember. :)
Old 25-06-2012, 07:24 PM
goldentimes

Exclamation Be careful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscelt
OMG! 25% off would REALLY help bigtime!!!

I plan to start out on Etsy, but we haven't settled on a name yet. As soon as that part gets figured out we can start designing the shop/packaging. Nothing like doing things backwards, but my background is in design... so it's usually easier for me to start there. At least that would give us time to learn a little more about everything too. :)

I found texasnaturalsupply online and they seemed to have really good prices. Have not ordered anything from them yet though. MountainRose I will have to take another look at, they seem to be very highly recommended by just about anyone I talk to. The prices seemed pretty reasonable too from what I remember. :)

Word of Note: Do Be Careful selling in publice without an Insurance!
There are people out there who are/may have an allergy to the oils or at less some oils, but others may not think about that-you End up being sent to court and with out that insurance, you will have no leg to stand on.
So you MUST have that insurance and trust me on it!

When the oils are off, the best way to find that out, is to get a bowl with some warm (not hot) water and put just 1-3 drops in to the water and if you see the oils spreading out and looks rainbows-cloudy, then you know it is off and you will need a new one and you MUST get a new one if you are selling in publice.

I hope this helps!
Regards & Blessings!

Last edited by goldentimes : 23-12-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 25-06-2012, 08:02 PM
misscelt

Thanks for the tip Goldentimes!

Regarding insurance, we will most definitely have that before we sell anything. I just haven't found a place that covers everything we need quite yet. Its hard even to get places to reply to me... and when they do, they only answer half of the questions - or are vague. Might need to have two separate policies (one for reiki/meditation and one for the products), but I'd like to avoid that if I can. As I figure that mess out, I will post what I find here so hopefully others can have an easier time with it. :)
Old 28-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Guide
Floracopeia and MountainRoseHerbs are my two recommendations for oils. The texas supply is probably good for other things, but I've been using these other two companies for essential oils for so long and they have ALWAYS been wonderful. They stand behind their products as well. Floracopeia has replaced oils that have broken soon after delivery. They are very reputable and so is MountainRose. The coupon code for Floracopeia is organic108 - it can be entered in at checkout. I usually get all my oils from them unless MountainRose has ones Floracopeia does not have. The oils are just so pure and lovely. BulkNaturalOils.com has bulk organic butters if you plan on making skin care. I do not recommend their essential oils however. It kind of depends if organic and wildly harvested is important to you. That's all I buy so I can truly call my products what they are. There's a HUGE difference between "natural" and certified organic or wildly harvested.

Oh, and btw I've been using my diffuser and oils from Floracopeia like crazy because of the fire smoke here :(....helps a lot though!

She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them. -Beau Taplin
Old 28-06-2012, 09:25 PM
misscelt

Thank you!!!!! I saw that it rained today near Boulder finally, I hope you are at a safe distance from the fires though!!!! We don't get much of that here around Chicago, but the smoke from the Minnesota fires blew in last year and yuck! I can't even imagine how bad that is close to the source! :(

It's good to know your experiences with all of these places, when I first started looking into this I almost bought a bunch of things from camdengrey... but luckly stumbled upon a page online with pages and pages of bad reviews about them before I checked out. At least knowing that others have had good experiences with those other places, we can start to build up our supply.

Do you have any experience with soaperschoice.com? It seemed like they had good prices on castor oil and coconut oils.

This is so exciting, and so overwhelming at the same time!
Old 28-06-2012, 09:29 PM
misscelt

Oh, and yes organic/wildly harvested are tremendously important!

That's the entire reason we are going down this road in the first place. Too many chemicals in everything you can buy from the store. :)
Old 29-06-2012, 05:43 AM
Guide
Yes, we had some rain today which helped. I am fairly close, but not close enough to be in the line of the fire. It's been crazy how it's spread. I feel so sorry for the 300+ homes burned to the ground. Those people must be devastated. Colorado Springs could use some good waves of energy from anyone out there. It would be much appreciated!

I don't know about soaperschoice.com, but I can say the way I look at it is check out the origins of the products. What type of a place is this and where are they located? Organic and wildly harvested are also indicators too that they are products you can trust - but only if they can prove they are. Anyone can create a website and sell products that they claim are "organic", but it's hard to tell if they truly are. That's the one reason I tend to stick to sources I know for sure have integrity.

It's wonderful it's exciting! That's how it should feel when you're doing something you are destined to do. The main thing is to never loose sight of your original dream, which was to help others by providing them with healing and healing products. Keep the integrity of the ingredients you use and keep everything on the up and up. Visualize a beautiful flourishing business that inspires both you and everyone around you. Picture wonderful customers and like-minded souls, this is how you manifest things the way you would most want them.

Keep feeling inspired and if ever for a moment something feels wrong about something you are doing, back track to what it is and change it. Life is about living a happy life and spreading good energy and healing to others. It makes the world a better place.

Namaste!