Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 13-09-2017, 12:09 PM
Guide
Amrit Vela

Amrit Velā (Ambrosial Period (daily))
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amrit Velā (Punjabi: ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ; [Amrita vēlā]) (Time of Amrit(Time of Ambrosia)) refers to the early morning period of time sometime between 3:00am and 6:00am or before the dawning of the morning sun which is used for daily meditation and recitation of Gurbani hymns. Guru Nanak in the Japji Sahib (4th Pauri) says, "In amrit velā meditate on the grandeur of the one true Name." The importance of Amrit Vela is found throughout the Guru Granth Sahib. The Guru Granth Sahib states that "those who consider themselves a Sikh must wake up daily at Amrit vela and be in tune with the Naam (the Lord's Name)"
In the Sikh Rehat Maryada it is written to arise Amrit Velā, bath, and meditate on the divine Naam (through Simran and Naam Japna). Sikhs recite their morning Nitnem during Amrit vela. Traditionally after Nitnem Sikhs meet with the Sangat (congregation).
To Meditator, Amrit Vela is commonly known as early morning meditation. ‘How early’, you may ask… to be precise, at 4am! What is so appealing to yogis about this unearthly hour? Well, ‘Amrit’ means nectar while ‘Vela’ means time or moment. As one sits in meditation and in contemplation of God, one is able to taste the nectar, the sweetness, of this divine relationship and take sustenance to empower the self. It is a very special, silent and personal time with the Almighty that is much more difficult to recreate once the world begins its busy, noisy day. It is the only time to take real power from God.
To me at this period our all type of consciousness (gross consciousness, unconsciousness, sub-consciousness & absolute consciousnes), are at very high and this get chakras awaken, when meditating during this period.

Old 13-09-2017, 05:42 PM
Hi DC...just wondering, do you know the Sat Naam? Tasted Divine Nectar?
(Ha, Nectar of the Gods, blissful Amrita, as Yogananda says?)
If that is too personal, I understand.

Guru Amar Das says,'' Verily, verily the Amrit showers from above.
But a rare devotee partakes of It.
The mind blossoms forth and sings of His glory.''
Also,
''In the body lies the Fount of the Water of Life,
But a sensual person cannot have a taste if It.''

Many more quotes available...even from Jesus, the Vedas, etc.
Most don't know that this Holy Nectar is real and flows internally.

Heck, most people don't meditate!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-09-2017, 01:04 AM
Master
The Hindu Yogis call that time of the day "Brahma Murtha". It's basically 2 hours before sunrise and an hour after sunrise.

It is said that it's always darkest just before the dawn and that is meant to signify the very deep and peaceful vibratory rate which exists before the noise and bustle of the day begins and the 'sparrow farts' to coin a phrase.

Brahma Murtha is the time when its easiest to quieten the vibration of the mind in tune with the surroundings and to be free of the distractions of noise, heat and general household business/stirring from slumber - unless you have a snorer in the family, of corz. :p

It is also a good time to do meditation and prayer, ending with either/or the Gayatri Mantra and a few rounds of Surya Namaskaram just in time to greet the sunrise.

Of course, getting up at Brahma Murtha was something I used to do a lot, but I haven't done it in years. lol
Old 14-09-2017, 03:35 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi DC...just wondering, do you know the Sat Naam? Tasted Divine Nectar?
(Ha, Nectar of the Gods, blissful Amrita, as Yogananda says?)
If that is too personal, I understand.

Guru Amar Das says,'' Verily, verily the Amrit showers from above.
But a rare devotee partakes of It.
The mind blossoms forth and sings of His glory.''
Also,
''In the body lies the Fount of the Water of Life,
But a sensual person cannot have a taste if It.''

Many more quotes available...even from Jesus, the Vedas, etc.
Most don't know that this Holy Nectar is real and flows internally.

Heck, most people don't meditate!
Yes Sister, very true. Just the need of to obtain the Nectar is just person shall be divine, he will be closest to Jesus, Vaheguru or God on which he meditate or sings hymn of Him or Her.
Old 14-09-2017, 03:39 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
The Hindu Yogis call that time of the day "Brahma Murtha". It's basically 2 hours before sunrise and an hour after sunrise.

It is said that it's always darkest just before the dawn and that is meant to signify the very deep and peaceful vibratory rate which exists before the noise and bustle of the day begins and the 'sparrow farts' to coin a phrase.

Brahma Murtha is the time when its easiest to quieten the vibration of the mind in tune with the surroundings and to be free of the distractions of noise, heat and general household business/stirring from slumber - unless you have a snorer in the family, of corz. :p

It is also a good time to do meditation and prayer, ending with either/or the Gayatri Mantra and a few rounds of Surya Namaskaram just in time to greet the sunrise.

Of course, getting up at Brahma Murtha was something I used to do a lot, but I haven't done it in years. lol
Yes sister it is by Hindu called Brahm Muhurt and By Sikhs it is called Amrit Vela. true city and its noise wake up from 6 am. till that meditation or divine work one can perform well.
from tomorrow as I am retired, inspiring by this posst, I am going to change my time table by waking up early in morning 4.15 am so that I get a chance of meditation this period. in Vipasyana Meditation Commune we used to meditate from 4.30 AM.
Old 14-09-2017, 05:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Consciousness
Yes sister it is by Hindu called Brahm Muhurt and By Sikhs it is called Amrit Vela. true city and its noise wake up from 6 am. till that meditation or divine work one can perform well.
from tomorrow as I am retired, inspiring by this posst, I am going to change my time table by waking up early in morning 4.15 am so that I get a chance of meditation this period. in Vipasyana Meditation Commune we used to meditate from 4.30 AM.
Awesome!

I'm going to correct myself here, because I haven't studied this for ages and I was in a rush before.

Yes, the actual pronunciation is Brahmamuhurtha. It lasts for two muhurthas (time periods) of 48 minutes each, starting at 1hr 36 minutes before sunrise and ends with the sunrise.

Having said that, I should get up way before 7am myself, but I can't see myself getting up at 4am...I'm going to have to work out a happy middle ground that my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome can live with.
Old 14-09-2017, 09:46 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Awesome!

I'm going to correct myself here, because I haven't studied this for ages and I was in a rush before.

Yes, the actual pronunciation is Brahmamuhurtha. It lasts for two muhurthas (time periods) of 48 minutes each, starting at 1hr 36 minutes before sunrise and ends with the sunrise.

Having said that, I should get up way before 7am myself, but I can't see myself getting up at 4am...I'm going to have to work out a happy middle ground that my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome can live with.

There may be any cure for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I hope. I am optimist. I prayed God to cure you from this syndrome.
Old 14-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Consciousness
Yes Sister, very true.
Just the need of to obtain the Nectar is just person shall be divine, he will be closest to Jesus, Vaheguru or God on which he meditate or sings hymn of Him or Her.
If you don't know the ''technique of Nectar''...lemme know in a pm I can
re-find a site or 2 for you that are now online, ha, such esoteric knowledge now at our fingertips!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-09-2017, 01:02 PM
CFS? Necro...I can't remember...have we talked about what I did 21 years ago that cured it?

Old 14-09-2017, 01:12 PM
Pathfinder

It makes sense, since at this hour your melatonin production is still high so you can go into a hynagognic state more easily.