Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 08-10-2016, 11:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21771
What's auto-suggestion?

I mean you're suggesting these things yourself. That you're 'thinking them true'. You just need to see it as coincidence and stop reinforcing the notion by thinking about it. Change your mindset.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 09-10-2016, 12:32 AM
Deactivated Account

Chances are you are not (unless you are not telling us everything), but heaven isn't much better nor the in-between realms it all is boring after sometime, it is why so many reincarnate.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:54 AM
Master
Quote:
for a while now I've been afraid of being damned to hell for not being Christian and every time I start to believe that's not going to happen a synchronicity happens that involves Christianity or hell is this god sending me these signs trying to get me to convert, or is it something else
Sounds more like your fear talking than God.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:58 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
for a while now I've been afraid of being damned to hell for not being Christian and every time I start to believe that's not going to happen a synchronicity happens that involves Christianity or hell is this god sending me these signs trying to get me to convert, or is it something else

You're question holds the answer; "Ive been afraid" hence you are projecting your own fear, which is the result of your subconscious guilt for a long held conditioned thought pattern/belief of; "not being a Christian"

In other words, you're taking your thoughts as if they're absolute truth and they are not, you're also taking the concept of the Christian "literal" hell as absolute truth and it is not, and you're also taking the fear based compelling concept that if one rejects Jesus/Christianity that they will be condemned to hell as absolute truth and it is not.

What you call synchronicity are simply experiences that happen which you subconsciously project to be synchronistic signs in an attempt to validate /reinforce the long held fear based beliefs. The mind is a self validating loop, thus what it projects (thoughts) it tends to believe is "the truth" because these thoughts are very close to it, and so since it thought it then it must be true, right? But such is not the case, as is recognized during silent meditation.

Also, the more we identify with a thought, the stronger that thought becomes, as attention is applied energy. For example; do you have other thoughts that you don't give much attention too, or don't believe are true? Where is their power? They don't have any because YOU do not give them your attention/energy. Thus, what we ignore, (the thoughts we ignore) eventually fade away just as clouds in the sky come and go, hence thoughts run across the screen of the mind and if we just allow them to come and go without giving attention to them they just pass on by and fade off into nothingness. Meditation is the vehicle to see this.

You are the creator of your own reality, not your thoughts, or perhaps I should say; the thoughts that you think and give attention to will shape your reality, thus if you think the thought that you will go to hell for not being a Christian and believe it to be true then this thought along with your attention/energy/belief will then shape your reality in that you will feel in exact accordance with the thoughts you believe. This particular thought is fear based, thus you will feel afraid just as you stated you are in your above statement. This validates that you are creating/shaping your own reality through the thoughts you think.

I would try some simple sitting meditation, and just be a silent observer watching thoughts come and go, put a little distance between "you" and "your thoughts". If they become problematic then just say to yourself; "oh there go my thoughts again" and continue on with observation, in other words, just ignore them as best you can. Eventually they will pass. Notice too that, as you sit and watch your thoughts, that you are literally just sitting and watching thoughts, and that you are safe and fine right in your immediate physical presence, thus where are all these thoughts to be found but only in your mind, thus where is their power? They are not in your outer physical reality, but only in your mind. Is this not like sitting and watching a movie; how valid is the movie? If you turn off the movie how much power does it have over you? When you realize that its only a movie and not actuality, then you become the power over it, and it is no longer the power over you. The mind is like a movie projector and you are the awareness of it playing but do not have to be involved in the drama. This is a profound realization, so be gentle with yourself.

Mind your master and it controls you,
Master the mind and you control it.

Thoughts can be like a raving starving mad dog at your back door, if you open the door and feed it it grows stronger and then won't go away, but if you ignore it and do not feed it, then it must eventually go away to find food elsewhere or it dies. The trick is to ignore it and go on with your life as if it doesn't exist, eventually it won't.

Here is a good article that may help:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...s-are-not-real

Here is a condensed excerpt on the profound work by James Allen; "As A Man Thinketh"-which I would suggest reading the work if you enjoy this excerpt.

http://soilandhealth.org/wp-content/...5.Thinketh.pdf

Here is a link to a book that helped me learn how the mind works:

https://www.amazon.com/You-Can-Happy.../dp/1577315685

I bought used copies for a few pennies plus shipping.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:26 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
In that case, try auto-suggestion.

You're not going to 'Hell'.

This autosuggestion still contains Hell, which can be a Treat, if missunderstood.

I would use "I am manifesting Heaven on Earth".
Old 09-10-2016, 11:51 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
This autosuggestion still contains Hell, which can be a Treat, if missunderstood.

I would use "I am manifesting Heaven on Earth".

Right, that statement still implies hell, instead of seeing that this concept/thought is just that which then would bring about the complete dissolution of the concept of hell.

While it is true that the mind is a "moldable plastic" i.e. (research neuroplasticity), and can be re-programmed, thus we can usurp this thought with that thought, I think its rather important to see the arbitrary nature of thought itself, and to free oneself from holding rigidly onto any beliefs. In other words, Don't put limitations onto yourself especially about things unknown, but rather remain in an ever open, receptive and unknowing state (for certain things) otherwise we run the risk of falling in to another trap of being locked into a limited/narrow view point/perception and then set about to validate it through argumentation which then creates more suffering which was what we were trying to get out of in the first place. Thus many people run out of one belief system and into another, then from that one to yet another, instead of dropping all of it and just being immersed in the present moment.

Its ok not to know and to not need to know, to live the mystery of life as a mystery, to trust unconditionally in "the way things are" as the Taoists state. This state of being is radically freeing.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:59 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Within Silence
You're question holds the answer; "Ive been afraid" hence you are projecting your own fear, which is the result of your subconscious guilt for a long held conditioned thought pattern/belief of; "not being a Christian"

In other words, you're taking your thoughts as if they're absolute truth and they are not, you're also taking the concept of the Christian "literal" hell as absolute truth and it is not, and you're also taking the fear based compelling concept that if one rejects Jesus/Christianity that they will be condemned to hell as absolute truth and it is not.

What you call synchronicity are simply experiences that happen which you subconsciously project to be synchronistic signs in an attempt to validate /reinforce the long held fear based beliefs. The mind is a self validating loop, thus what it projects (thoughts) it tends to believe is "the truth" because these thoughts are very close to it, and so since it thought it then it must be true, right? But such is not the case, as is recognized during silent meditation.

Also, the more we identify with a thought, the stronger that thought becomes, as attention is applied energy. For example; do you have other thoughts that you don't give much attention too, or don't believe are true? Where is their power? They don't have any because YOU do not give them your attention/energy. Thus, what we ignore, (the thoughts we ignore) eventually fade away just as clouds in the sky come and go, hence thoughts run across the screen of the mind and if we just allow them to come and go without giving attention to them they just pass on by and fade off into nothingness. Meditation is the vehicle to see this.

You are the creator of your own reality, not your thoughts, or perhaps I should say; the thoughts that you think and give attention to will shape your reality, thus if you think the thought that you will go to hell for not being a Christian and believe it to be true then this thought along with your attention/energy/belief will then shape your reality in that you will feel in exact accordance with the thoughts you believe. This particular thought is fear based, thus you will feel afraid just as you stated you are in your above statement. This validates that you are creating/shaping your own reality through the thoughts you think.

I would try some simple sitting meditation, and just be a silent observer watching thoughts come and go, put a little distance between "you" and "your thoughts". If they become problematic then just say to yourself; "oh there go my thoughts again" and continue on with observation, in other words, just ignore them as best you can. Eventually they will pass. Notice too that, as you sit and watch your thoughts, that you are literally just sitting and watching thoughts, and that you are safe and fine right in your immediate physical presence, thus where are all these thoughts to be found but only in your mind, thus where is their power? They are not in your outer physical reality, but only in your mind. Is this not like sitting and watching a movie; how valid is the movie? If you turn off the movie how much power does it have over you? When you realize that its only a movie and not actuality, then you become the power over it, and it is no longer the power over you. The mind is like a movie projector and you are the awareness of it playing but do not have to be involved in the drama. This is a profound realization, so be gentle with yourself.

Mind your master and it controls you,
Master the mind and you control it.

Thoughts can be like a raving starving mad dog at your back door, if you open the door and feed it it grows stronger and then won't go away, but if you ignore it and do not feed it, then it must eventually go away to find food elsewhere or it dies. The trick is to ignore it and go on with your life as if it doesn't exist, eventually it won't.

Here is a good article that may help:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...s-are-not-real

Here is a condensed excerpt on the profound work by James Allen; "As A Man Thinketh"-which I would suggest reading the work if you enjoy this excerpt.

http://soilandhealth.org/wp-content/...5.Thinketh.pdf

Here is a link to a book that helped me learn how the mind works:

https://www.amazon.com/You-Can-Happy.../dp/1577315685

I bought used copies for a few pennies plus shipping.

Are you saying my beliefs are causing the synchronicities
Old 09-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Master

There are lower realms in the spirit world, for everything must find its mark, but this 'eternal damnation' nonsense was an invention of the Church.

There are some wicked people in the world, doing terrible things. But you are not one of them!

Loving and serving God in a way other than that given out by self-appointed clergymen or a book written and corrupted by imperfect men, does not and will not make you a tainted person.

Good is good, kindness is kindness, love is love.

There are many beautiful souls in the world, people of all colours, races and creeds. It is the light within their souls, a light animated by action, that makes them 'beautiful'.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 09-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Are you saying my beliefs are causing the synchronicities

Yes in a way; I am asking if your experiences are in fact synchronistic or do you just see them (interpret them) that way?

How we see things is rooted in the foundational basis which we are seeing them through, we see /perceive/interpret experiences through our "thought filters" or "thought system" and thus, if at my root is the foundational belief that I will go to hell if I'm not a Christian, then I will interpret certain experiences to try and validate this belief.
So, in order to prove if what I'm perceiving as a synchronicity is true, I must first prove if my foundational belief is in fact true; thus I must enquire into whether or not there is in fact a hell, and that all non-Christians must end up there. So, is that in fact actually true? Are beliefs absolutely factually true?

Let's say I was born in India and raised in the Hindu faith, thus I have at my root/foundation (how I see things- the thought system/filters I see certain experiences through) the beliefs of Hinduism, and I can not help this because as a child I was inundated with these beliefs, and as children we are at the mercy of our surroundings, our parents, teachers and those we've looked up too. So for a time we are like sponges, soaking up everything we're told and see, except we don't ring the sponge out, at least not for awhile, and so we go through life AS IF what we believe is the absolute truth. And for the Hindu, what they believe is the truth, and so for the Christian, and so for the Buddhist, and so for the Atheist, etc. so what we see is that beliefs are that, beliefs, not that they're wrong so much but rather we see that beliefs shape our reality.

So, at certain times in our life we being to ring the sponge out perse, we begin to question our beliefs, to enquire into ourselves and ask if what we believe is serving us in a positive way, and it is this path of self enquiry which may reveal some very profound things. This in fact happened to me in my life, and so I set out on a path (about 8 years worth) of intensive study/enquiry/meditation in an attempt to know the truth. This was a process of self dis-cover-ry, to dis-cover (remove the cover/vail) of my own limited beliefs. I'm sorry I cannot explain it any better than this. This is an experiential process that only you can do for yourself, others can guide, books can guide, but you must do the seeing, and you do it naturally, it happens naturally, its intuitive.

So, I suggest that perhaps reading other religious/spiritual scriptures, maybe some psychology books like I mentioned in the previous post, and spending some time in meditation and self enquiry may be of benefit to you.

Please know that I am not making light of your experiences, nor trying to disregard any of it, I am trying through the vehicle of my own experiences and knowledge to help you see your present experiences in a different light.

Its very easy to succumb to fear, it is a powerful force, but you are far more powerful than it, as, for lack of a better analogy; you are the sun not the shadow, hence fear is a shadow that you're projecting as the sun.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:46 PM
Pathfinder

Sometimes I lose faith in God after awhile and believe nobody is out there in the sky looking out for me, then 15 seconds later I look out the window and see a license plate with the word God right in front of me. These are just small things to keep you curious and open whenever you have doubts.