Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 14-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Experiencer
I feel everyone's pain...

I've always been very aware of how others around me are feeling, and further I actually feel it. Lately, I don't know if everyone around me is having more issues or if I am feeling it more, but I almost can't even handle it.

How can I protect myself from this? A few years ago I had to stop interacting with my grandmother because she has always had this extreme melancholy mood that just sucks the life out of whatever room she is in. I wasn't close to her anyway, so this wasn't hard. But I can't quit going to work.

Does any of this make sense? Or am I crazy?
Old 14-07-2017, 11:42 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
I've always been very aware of how others around me are feeling, and further I actually feel it. Lately, I don't know if everyone around me is having more issues or if I am feeling it more, but I almost can't even handle it.

How can I protect myself from this? A few years ago I had to stop interacting with my grandmother because she has always had this extreme melancholy mood that just sucks the life out of whatever room she is in. I wasn't close to her anyway, so this wasn't hard. But I can't quit going to work.

Does any of this make sense? Or am I crazy?
You don't sound crazy. What seems to be happening is that your higher energy is being absorbed by the lower energy of the people that you are associating with and you are not replacing it.
Quantum touch is a healing principle that advocates breathing as a method of helping to replace any energy that gets lost by the practitioner during a healing session.
A person who I know practices Quantum touch and has no problems healing others. His wife did the same training course but can't practice because she loses so much energy to her patients and has trouble replacing it.
The breathing exercise is advocated by the Buddhists as they say that it realigns our Chakras enabling them to absorb and replace any lost energy's that we may have.
It seems that you should stay away from people who moan a lot or who see problems everywhere, as your energy is being exposed.
Old 15-07-2017, 02:25 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scommstech
The breathing exercise is advocated by the Buddhists as they say that it realigns our Chakras enabling them to absorb and replace any lost energy's that we may have.
Thank you! I will definitely look into this.
Old 16-07-2017, 08:32 AM
Knower

Along with Scommstech's suggestions, you might like to check out Judith Orloff's book, "The Empath's Survival Guide."

Being an empath and picking up other peoples' energy -- well, it drives me crazy -- sometimes it's hard to figure out if pains or bad moods are my own or someone else's.

Clearing techniques help a LOT. Took a long time to find the ones below. Hopefully one of the techniques will work for you, if it feels like something you'd like to try.

You can say these out loud or inside your mind. (If you don't believe in reincarnation, you can skip those words -- but if the words "In all my incarnations" don't irk you too much, it's better to say them anyway for balancing all the energy):

In all my incarnations, if I took on anybody's energy, I sever, cut, release, all that energy, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

Then you want to balance it out with:

In all my incarnations, if anybody took on my energy, I sever, cut, release, all that energy, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

There's also clearing for energy attachments:

In all my incarnations, if I made any energy attachments to anybody else, I sever, cut, release, all that energy, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

And balance it out with:

In all my incarnations, if anyone made any energy attachments to me, I sever, cut, release, all those energy attachments, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

For taking on someone else's pain (emotionally, physically, spiritually, or other reasons), there's three to balance it all out:

In all my incarnations, if anyone gave me pain, I sever, cut, release, all that pain, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

And:

In all my incarnations, if I gave anyone pain, I sever, cut, release, all that pain, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

And:

In all my incarnations, I forgive myself for bringing pain into my being, and I sever, cut, release, all that pain, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

(Note: the clearing with "...if I gave anyone pain, I sever, cut, release, all that pain..." doesn't release it from karma, but releases it energetically from bringing it again into your current life (hopefully.))

Also, if you physically feel a sudden pain, especially if you're around people, or have recently been around others, the clearing below is a great way to see if it's your own pain, or someone else's that you've picked up. (Of course, if it's an intense pain please call an ambulance.) Many times while riding the bus or subway, I'll get a sudden pain, and after "thinking" the below clearing, the pain will go away.

Put your focus gently on the pain and say out loud (or inside your mind):

If this pain is mine and I need to learn from it, I invite it to stay. But if this pain is not mine, I direct it to leave, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

If the pain doesn't go away, you can assume it's your own pain and do a meditation asking where did this pain originate, and how can I heal it. Or any other way that you prefer to use to find out about a pain you have.

Also, with all the clearing techniques above, when the words "now and forever" show up, the spirits who gave me these techniques said you can go along your day and unconsciously or subtly pick up someone's energy, pain, etc., again. So, it's a good idea to do the clearings every evening. (I'm not so good at remembering to do them every evening, but that's what the spirits suggested.)

Usually if one clearing technique doesn't work, I'll just keep using all of them until one of them works.

Last edited by Klaatu24 : 16-07-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 16-07-2017, 03:30 PM
Experiencer
Thank you! This is incredibly helpful. I had no idea I could pick up others' pain too. I have heard the term empath but never knew what it was. Some reading material would be a great resource.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaatu24
Along with Scommstech's suggestions, you might like to check out Judith Orloff's book, "The Empath's Survival Guide."

Being an empath and picking up other peoples' energy -- well, it drives me crazy -- sometimes it's hard to figure out if pains or bad moods are my own or someone else's.

Clearing techniques help a LOT. Took a long time to find the ones below. Hopefully one of the techniques will work for you, if it feels like something you'd like to try.

You can say these out loud or inside your mind. (If you don't believe in reincarnation, you can skip those words -- but if the words "In all my incarnations" don't irk you too much, it's better to say them anyway for balancing all the energy):

In all my incarnations, if I took on anybody's energy, I sever, cut, release, all that energy, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

Then you want to balance it out with:

In all my incarnations, if anybody took on my energy, I sever, cut, release, all that energy, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

There's also clearing for energy attachments:

In all my incarnations, if I made any energy attachments to anybody else, I sever, cut, release, all that energy, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

And balance it out with:

In all my incarnations, if anyone made any energy attachments to me, I sever, cut, release, all those energy attachments, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

For taking on someone else's pain (emotionally, physically, spiritually, or other reasons), there's three to balance it all out:

In all my incarnations, if anyone gave me pain, I sever, cut, release, all that pain, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

And:

In all my incarnations, if I gave anyone pain, I sever, cut, release, all that pain, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

And:

In all my incarnations, I forgive myself for bringing pain into my being, and I sever, cut, release, all that pain, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

(Note: the clearing with "...if I gave anyone pain, I sever, cut, release, all that pain..." doesn't release it from karma, but releases it energetically from bringing it again into your current life (hopefully.))

Also, if you physically feel a sudden pain, especially if you're around people, or have recently been around others, the clearing below is a great way to see if it's your own pain, or someone else's that you've picked up. (Of course, if it's an intense pain please call an ambulance.) Many times while riding the bus or subway, I'll get a sudden pain, and after "thinking" the below clearing, the pain will go away.

Put your focus gently on the pain and say out loud (or inside your mind):

If this pain is mine and I need to learn from it, I invite it to stay. But if this pain is not mine, I direct it to leave, now and forever, now and forever, now and forever.

If the pain doesn't go away, you can assume it's your own pain and do a meditation asking where did this pain originate, and how can I heal it. Or any other way that you prefer to use to find out about a pain you have.

Also, with all the clearing techniques above, when the words "now and forever" show up, the spirits who gave me these techniques said you can go along your day and unconsciously or subtly pick up someone's energy, pain, etc., again. So, it's a good idea to do the clearings every evening. (I'm not so good at remembering to do them every evening, but that's what the spirits suggested.)

Usually if one clearing technique doesn't work, I'll just keep using all of them until one of them works.
Old 16-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Master
Hi astralwanderer ~ I do pick up a lot on other's psyches/emotions, etc. The thought crossed my mind that it could also be the effect of the recent full moon over-charging your abilities. The recent full moon for me, was extremely powerful before it even arrived and its strength is finally fading. I know that may sound crazy to some, but it's my reality.

Over the many years, I've learned to deflect extra, excessive emotions from others - to put on the back burner or just let it bounce off because it's too much a lot of the time.

Old 16-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Pathfinder
I also feel the pain and emotions of the other people, and I picked up their energy to my own body. Recently I finally managed to isolate and absorb those energies. It is really releasing not to carry all that load of bad feelings anymore and it's a comfortable feeling to see negative persons without body pressures.

These were things, what worked for me:
- I meditated, and tried to separate my own feelings from others.
- I accepted all the hard feelings and let them go.
- I made mentally my own safety area with heavy walls, what belongs to me where ever I go. This is an area where I decide about things and feelings. Other feelings are just for visitors if I let them come in. You can strengthen your area with friend. he/she tries to come into your area and you push him away. At the same time imagine your area with heavy absorbing walls. your buddy can use also words when trying to break in, but you say heavily against.
- Meditate a lot your heart and solar plexus chakras, to feel healing love and release current and past lifes bad feelings

You can do it
Old 17-07-2017, 04:09 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
Thank you! This is incredibly helpful. I had no idea I could pick up others' pain too. I have heard the term empath but never knew what it was. Some reading material would be a great resource.

Thanks so much! It changed my life in this particular area -- it got so much easier. And I don't mind riding the bus and subway, and going into stores so much anymore, now that I can deal with the extreme pains and moods that pop up (along with my own, that is. lol).
Old 17-07-2017, 08:12 AM
Pathfinder

I definitely do not think you are crazy; it appears that you are empathic. I experience this as well and have learned methods that work for me to protect myself and clear the energy that I pick up from others. I know it can be very draining and unsettling at times to feel the emotions and/or pain of other individuals, which makes it more important for you to protect yourself and draw boundaries. From your post, it appears that you have already had experiences with drawing boundaries in situations that you intuitively feel are not healthy energetically, which is good. There are great suggestions and ideas in the responses of this thread that address how to protect yourself energetically; however, you ultimately need to try different things and discover what works for you. For me, I found that if I am going into a situation or event where there will be many people, with varying emotions and energies, I imagine a white light of protection around me and, similar to what was mentioned above, I say something in my head before going into the situation relating to the energies and emotions of others not being allowed to infiltrate my own energy and not absorbing other's emotions or energy as well. If I feel that I am beginning to feel any negative emotions of someone I am near, I envision pushing that energy away from me. It may sound kind of strange, but has worked for me. I also have a nightly routine of clearning any energy that I may have acquired from someone else. While in the shower, I imagine that the water is "washing off" or clearing any unwanted energy acquired throughout the day. You can do something similar with meditation. I also use quartz crystal to ground my energy and remove any emotion that I know is not my own, as needed. I will hold the crystal, breathe, and set my intention.
What works for me or others may not work for you; however, my suggestion would be to try some of the techniques on this thread (or found through research) that feel right to you and see what sticks.
Best of luck,
Stacey :)
Old 17-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Hi astralwanderer ~ I do pick up a lot on other's psyches/emotions, etc. The thought crossed my mind that it could also be the effect of the recent full moon over-charging your abilities. The recent full moon for me, was extremely powerful before it even arrived and its strength is finally fading. I know that may sound crazy to some, but it's my reality.

Over the many years, I've learned to deflect extra, excessive emotions from others - to put on the back burner or just let it bounce off because it's too much a lot of the time.
That's a good thought...I hadn't noticed whether it's worse around the full moon. I know my dreams become more vivid and relevant around the full moon. I will start observing this more closely.