Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 20-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Lorelyen

They are real if you believe they're real - just as faeries are real if you believe they are.
It's down to what you believe.

But the more I read here (I've given up reading on the internet!) it's fairly obvious
that both people must hold the same set of beliefs if it's to work at all.
You can't have a twin flame if both are following different currents. Whether
one can convert the other is a different question. (It seems that the originator
of this idea was herself converted by a companion she met on her travels).

It also seems unlikely to me that those who want to or have disconnected from
their twin are floating around with a fractured/partial soul.
I've no problem with those who believe they have only half a soul but from my spiritual
background it's impossible. One would never be a Self in such a state.

Just my views, though.

Old 20-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I've no problem with those who believe they have only half a soul but from my spiritual

Just my views, though.

Hi ya
This intrigued me, half a soul and partial soul is never the way that I have seen it. For me it's two whole people, maybe like two sides of the same coin. Not really needing each other, but with each other regardless. Just my take on it Lore as I understand how you see it and respect that ...
Old 21-07-2017, 12:39 AM
Experiencer

Something like this

Old 21-07-2017, 07:56 AM
Master
I think the better question is - is this theory helping you gain more inner freedom and clarity and sanity, or keeping you in attachment, disempowerment, and dysfunction? It can do both, for different ppl, at different times.

I used this term for a while to explain a connection and phenomenon I experienced. I met someone who catalyzed a kundalini rising culminating in an incredible out of body experience. Changed my life and healed me of an addiction and eating disorder. There is no doubt in my mind that he also felt the power and love.

Yes, the phenomenon that this theory describes IS real. But the theory it's self, that there is only one person out there for you. No that is not real. And it takes a very very long time to understand this. Many never do. Because meeting a true twin flame is SO out of this world powerful, it makes you feel, no matter how rational or scientific you are, that this must be the only person.

As your awareness expands and you get deeper glimpses into your true nature and the nature of reality, you realize twin flame is an ENERGY. Many have said this in the past on this forum... I could not hear it until I was ready myself. Until, I had another twin flame experience actually. The fact that the idea that there is one perfect match isn't real doesn't make these relationships (the healthy empowered ones) any less beautiful. On the contrary, I think it makes them even more beautiful! Two ppl being together simply because they WANT to and choose to, not because they are each other's "twin flames."

It simply is about the awareness and vibration of two beings, colliding at the right time, and experiencing oneness which is, actually, a Truth of all reality.

If you have had a true twin flame experience, it is about learning the true nature of Love and who/what you are. Love is far more mind blowing than any special "bond." You can actually have as many twin flames as you want to. If one is not working out, is not stepping up and growing at the rate you are, you can always choose another one who can grow along with you. :) We have free will and are NOT bound to anybody!
Old 21-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Suspended
Master
Here
https://od.lk/s/OV8xMTEzNTg5NjFf/Twi...ychicForum.pdf
the psychic says, "Within your aura and energy she is woven not only as a lover from the past, but a twin as well". I can feel her woven into my aura and energy constantly, because she is my twin. The connection seems to have decreased over time with the separation, but its still there. I remember years ago, for example, even in the 1990's always imagining being with her, like at work imagining her sitting in a chair next to me or standing in the same room with me and me talking to her all the time. I tried to block out these thoughts, but couldn't. Between thoughts of something else were always thoughts of her even in my dreams. This happened all the time. I realized over time that this was more than a memory, this obsession was a result of a spiritual phenomenon.

See also
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...36#post1601836
Old 21-07-2017, 01:34 PM
Lorelyen

Well....this is fine but...? You see, in the chunk that you labeled "twin flames" you have the opposite poles attracting. That's fine by me but it contradicts the "like attracts like" idea of LoA.

Someone's selling snake oil!!?

I got the idea about split / fractured / partial souls floating along from research on the web. When I first came to this section I couldn't work out what was going on, except I knew Olcot and Blavatsky came into it somewhere. So I did a bit of research.

Here's some of what I found (copied into a Word document so I could look at the stuff away from the web):

“Twin flames, also called twin souls, are literally the other half of our soul.”

Another one, "A twin flame is literally the other half of your soul that makes you whole, yet at the same time, each twin flame is a complete soul."
So...is it claiming everyone has only half a soul? Or just contradictory - how can something be a half and a whole at the same time?

This one claims you have two souls!
“In the beginning of time,you were created with two complete souls,one masculine one feminine,so that you would always have a companion that is energetically part of you!!"

And this one… a soul that gets split.
“When you reach a certain level of consciousness or a higher frequency level in one life, your soul has to split into two in order to come back down into a physical body.”
So...you're at least two pieces of a soul that's been split? That has weird implications!

If you want to verify, put some of these quotes individually in google and the articles should come up.

There are many more "theories". Another came up on SF the other day as the twin flame being within our (singular) being as the Shakti-Shiva meeting.

I suppose what's worse is that people are presenting this stuff as fact. It simply isn't. I suppose that's why I'm dismissive beyond "if it's your belief that's fine," (which is everyone's right) "but remember it isn't the only one."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraIndigo
Something like this

Old 21-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
They are real if you believe they're real - just as faeries are real if you believe they are.
It's down to what you believe.

But the more I read here (I've given up reading on the internet!) it's fairly obvious
that both people must hold the same set of beliefs if it's to work at all.
You can't have a twin flame if both are following different currents. Whether
one can convert the other is a different question. (It seems that the originator
of this idea was herself converted by a companion she met on her travels).

It also seems unlikely to me that those who want to or have disconnected from

Just my views, though.

Perfect!....
Old 21-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Well....this is fine but...? You see, in the chunk that you labeled "twin flames" you have the opposite poles attracting. That's fine by me but it contradicts the "like attracts like" idea of LoA.

Someone's selling snake oil!!?

I got the idea about split / fractured / partial souls floating along from research on the web. When I first came to this section I couldn't work out what was going on, except I knew Olcot and Blavatsky came into it somewhere. So I did a bit of research.

Here's some of what I found (copied into a Word document so I could look at the stuff away from the web):

“Twin flames, also called twin souls, are literally the other half of our soul.”

Another one, "A twin flame is literally the other half of your soul that makes you whole, yet at the same time, each twin flame is a complete soul."
So...is it claiming everyone has only half a soul? Or just contradictory - how can something be a half and a whole at the same time?

This one claims you have two souls!
“In the beginning of time,you were created with two complete souls,one masculine one feminine,so that you would always have a companion that is energetically part of you!!"

And this one… a soul that gets split.
“When you reach a certain level of consciousness or a higher frequency level in one life, your soul has to split into two in order to come back down into a physical body.”
So...you're at least two pieces of a soul that's been split? That has weird implications!

If you want to verify, put some of these quotes individually in google and the articles should come up.

There are many more "theories". Another came up on SF the other day as the twin flame being within our (singular) being as the Shakti-Shiva meeting.

I suppose what's worse is that people are presenting this stuff as fact. It simply isn't. I suppose that's why I'm dismissive beyond "if it's your belief that's fine," (which is everyone's right) "but remember it isn't the only one."

The picture was just to get a general sense. Those are magnets that where being split in half. Starting from one magnet and then becoming smaller magnets. But each magnet is still a magnet on its own. I don't think it works that way literally but was close to my understanding of how each one of us came to be souls from the beginning based on the Edgar Cayce readings. According to them the twin flame concept is true. But the idea that there is a mission or something or that they are "destined to be together" I dont know. I don't think they talked about that.

In any case if you want to get technical about it, I think what is meant by "like attracts like" is meant of in terms of frequency. Polarity or (negative and positive) are different than frequency.

Frequency is referred to as cycles per second. Above is 1 cycle but the time isnt indicated. If time above were indicated as 1 second the frequency would be 1 cycle per second.

gee and here In thought I was going to opposite direction of the spiritual path by learning this stuff. Never thought I would be talking about this on a spiritual forum. Life takes us through a loop sometimes haha.

In any case you are right. We don't need and aren't supposed to depend on our twin to be whole. We are supposed to be one with the creator.

Last edited by LibraIndigo : 21-07-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 21-07-2017, 09:53 PM
Lorelyen

Yes, let's leave the technical there! I'm ok with some A/C theory and a
discussion would be interesting but for many here, boring!

Like usually attracts like at a fairly "high" level - like if someone wants to
attract happy people they won't if they're unhappy themselves.
Except...even then how do you deeply believe your happy (to make LoA work)
if you aren't? How do you account for someone unhappy attracting someone
happy who's compassionate and ready to step in?
Beneath that "level" like often attracts the opposite depending on motivation.

All very mystifying.

Old 21-07-2017, 10:42 PM
Master
still clues on ths 1 evry mn iv fell of i ethr gay or msred no 1 day ther be sum 1

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔