Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 01-02-2017, 08:01 AM
Newbie ;)

Unhappy Getting sick after wearing turquoise !

So I recently bought this new turquoise necklace and was so excited to wear it since I have an upcoming presentation and thought this would open up my throats chakra. I woke up the next day after wearing it with a strong sore throats and inflamed tonsils
I have a feeling it was the necklace. I've cleansed it with sage and then running water, I felt like it was clean energetically after that
What does this mean? I'm new to crystals, is the crystal healing my throat chakra or is it not suitable for me?should I continue wearing it ? I've stopped wearing it after that.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Seeker
Really more data is necessary.

Have you ever had a reaction to turquoise like this before? Crystals *will cleanse, it could simply have brought something already there (in you) to the surface to be released. This is actually more likely. Unless you have strong belief systems and fear programs still running. Which the crystals can bring to the surface of your attention also.

Casey
Old 02-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Newbie ;)

Actually it's the first time I wear turquoise
Old 02-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Seeker
How are you now, Donya?

Is there any further observation you've made through the process?

Casey
Old 02-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Guide
No one can say for sure, but personally I don't touch crystals while sleeping (under the pillow, next to the bed, but no skin-to-stone contact), dunno why but I just have this feeling that it's not bad or good, it's just something not to do...this may be why, they work their energy and your body isn't awake enough to balance it out while asleep, possibly. Maybe your nerves about the presentation just went into overdrive! How is it wearing it now while awake?
Old 03-02-2017, 02:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omcasey
How are you now, Donya?

Is there any further observation you've made through the process?

Casey
Well I'm still recovering, I think it might be a cold; which is still related to the throat chakra. Maybe it's a coincidence, but I've heard of people getting sick when wearing certain crystals and stones.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:12 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurmel
No one can say for sure, but personally I don't touch crystals while sleeping (under the pillow, next to the bed, but no skin-to-stone contact), dunno why but I just have this feeling that it's not bad or good, it's just something not to do...this may be why, they work their energy and your body isn't awake enough to balance it out while asleep, possibly. Maybe your nerves about the presentation just went into overdrive! How is it wearing it now while awake?
I've actually worn it while I was awake. As for crystals having an effect during sleep, I've found other crystals having an influences (chrysoprase gave me interesting dreams)
Old 04-02-2017, 01:21 AM
Knower

http://www.kskyethelabel.com/how-to-...-fake-crystal/

well...on this website, "It is said that only 3% of turquoise is 100% genuine turquoise". I do find genuine ones really expensive! (I have a genuine turquoise bead, with no plastic and no wax coated for like US$30). I wonder if you necklace costs a lot because if so, it would be sad that you cannot wear it at this stage.

I have a spiritually conscious friend who had a turquoise necklace, and she said the turquoise was too proud and didn't get along well with the other crystals, and she also felt uncomfortable wearing it. She had to leave it in her drawer for weeks before she felt comfortable to wear it.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Im sure that mine is real, the seller even put his lighter’s flame on it. It was about $30 as well
I haven’t been drawn to it lately though
Old 10-07-2017, 11:42 PM
Deactivated Account
CrystalHeather is right, turqouise is very rare, it's a copper aluminium phosphate, which is white and unstable, like a chalk. Blue and other colors come as a result of a free copper or iron impurites. So, it's usually fake. Stabilized colored chemicals. Btw, it's a very small price for turquoise. Just a few carats of genuine turquoise is far more expensive.
I guess you've reacted to something else.