Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-07-2017, 10:11 AM
Guide
[quote=Greenslade]

That's not a good place to be in if you're at odds with yourself, especially your gut feeling.

It's that niggling doubt that rears its head at times. The gut feel from this situation is good, so far. My solar isn't filled with doubts that my mind is working hard to dismiss (unlike the last time). It's my mind that's saying what if you get it wrong again? Is that another physical scar you're going to be carrying?

Under normal circumstances, I'm a pretty good judge of character, I can weigh up people and situations within minutes and I'm not usually wrong. To be fair with this situation I'm in now, I can only go by gut feeling. I've not got physical body language to go on, facial expressions, the things your eyes take in.

My discernment acts as an early warning system and my mind immediately 'stands to attention' and focuses, that's saved my tail a few times. Similarly if I'm being told something, I'll hear the words but I'll be looking for an agenda or double meaning.

Yes, absolutely, I always use my senses, reading between the lines and I can feel how people work, so I often know why a particular friend is having a problem and what to do about it even before they know themselves.

And there is no wrong, there is just learn-froms.

I'm just reading a book on LoA (something new to me) by Michael Losier and he explains why most affirmations don't work because what you're saying to yourself isn't true. So with a slight re-wording to include the words "I'm in the process of ......." I shall use that with this situation to say "I'm in the process of gaining trust in this situation."

Thanks for your input, Greenslade, it's been most helpful.

Edit: I noticed I just posted this at 11:11 !
Old 16-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
It's that niggling doubt that rears its head at times. The gut feel from this situation is good, so far. My solar isn't filled with doubts that my mind is working hard to dismiss (unlike the last time). It's my mind that's saying what if you get it wrong again? Is that another physical scar you're going to be carrying?

Under normal circumstances, I'm a pretty good judge of character, I can weigh up people and situations within minutes and I'm not usually wrong. To be fair with this situation I'm in now, I can only go by gut feeling. I've not got physical body language to go on, facial expressions, the things your eyes take in.
So give your mind something else to work on, in this case a 'Plan B' wouldn't be a bad thing because of you having so little to go on. Your mind is on 'what would happen if...' so work with that; Plan A is your intuition and so far it's good, Plan B is an escape route so if it all goes sideways your tail is still covered. The mind likes its security, after all it's been 'designed' for survival and it's probably one of the reasons you've come this far in your Life with your head still (relatively) straight.

Using discernment and 'playing it out' is much like walking on two Paths at the same time, the discernment itself is the Higher Mind/Self range and the lower/monkey mind works at the human/density level. There isn't a need for balance because they're not in opposition, it's more of a 'right tool for the job' kind of thing. The lower/monkey mind also throws its toys out of the pram sometimes and needs a little reassurance. You can also visualise it as an energy flow if that helps, the discernment is the energy coming from above and the mind plays its part in allowing it to flow out into the third density.

Quote:
Yes, absolutely, I always use my senses, reading between the lines and I can feel how people work, so I often know why a particular friend is having a problem and what to do about it even before they know themselves.
Yeah,, it's cool when that happens and it's interesting when people notice it, they react in all kinds of interesting ways.

Quote:
I'm just reading a book on LoA (something new to me) by Michael Losier and he explains why most affirmations don't work because what you're saying to yourself isn't true. So with a slight re-wording to include the words "I'm in the process of ......." I shall use that with this situation to say "I'm in the process of gaining trust in this situation."

Thanks for your input, Greenslade, it's been most helpful.

Edit: I noticed I just posted this at 11:11 !
LoA can be really tricky because most people have a very focused view of it - they only look at what they want, never what they need. What they need they receive but they usually call it 'negative' and/or 'toxic'. Yep, there goes Spiritual Development right there.

Another reason affirmations don't work is that they tune your frequencies into not having or lacking because that's where your focus is. You don't affirm to have something if you already have it - it's simple logic. Energy flows where the focus goes, so affirmations focus on lacking. What you're saying is you're lacking trust, which itself isn't quite true because what we're talking about isn't the lack of trust but the increasing of it. You can't gain what you already have.
"I am in the process of increasing my trust in my intuition."
You're not telling any lies and the focus/energy is in your intuition.

You're most welcome, Patrycia. Really, all you need is a little nudge and a dollop of encouragement.

Well, when you resonate more at those higher frequencies the synchronicities (and other stuff like intuition) become more frequent.
Old 16-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Guide
[quote=Greenslade]So give your mind something else to work on, in this case a 'Plan B' wouldn't be a bad thing because of you having so little to go on. Your mind is on 'what would happen if...' so work with that;

I like the idea of a Plan B but I think that if I got to the stage of having to implement a Plan B, the possible damage would have already been done. It's like I have to go for it and sod the consequences, even if I end up with more harm done. (Although having said that I don't feel at this moment as though any harm is going to be done).

Another reason affirmations don't work is that they tune your frequencies into not having or lacking because that's where your focus is. You don't affirm to have something if you already have it - it's simple logic. Energy flows where the focus goes, so affirmations focus on lacking. What you're saying is you're lacking trust, which itself isn't quite true because what we're talking about isn't the lack of trust but the increasing of it. You can't gain what you already have.
"I am in the process of increasing my trust in my intuition."
You're not telling any lies and the focus/energy is in your intuition.

I'm seeing the LoA as a tool to ease into more positive thinking, which has got to be a good thing. Yes, I like that affirmation, I will include that.

You're most welcome, Patrycia. Really, all you need is a little nudge and a dollop of encouragement.

Yep, I think that's absolutely it.

Well, when you resonate more at those higher frequencies the synchronicities (and other stuff like intuition) become more frequent.

I'm getting a lot of synchronity via numbers and also the medium told me I'd be seeing the infinity symbol and to take note of what I was thinking about when I saw it. Although the symbol is about something else which is deeply important to me, it is still synchronicity and the situation is followed up with more numbers and flashes of blue light in my peripheral vision. Also, just recently, I've waking 5-6 times during the night and note the time, like 11:11, 2:22. It was a pretty heavy week last week at work and I asked them yesterday to give me the night off with the waking and numbers and that's exactly what I got.

Thanks Greenslade for the nudge and dollop of encouragement.

Patrycia
Old 16-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
I like the idea of a Plan B but I think that if I got to the stage of having to implement a Plan B, the possible damage would have already been done. It's like I have to go for it and sod the consequences, even if I end up with more harm done. (Although having said that I don't feel at this moment as though any harm is going to be done).
Yeah, I'm with you on that one. The thing is though you still have consequences regardless and you still feel them as you've already said, but Plan B is more of a way to shut the monkey mind up so your intuition can go full steam ahead. If you have a plan your mind will be happier, and if it all goes sideways you can always say you did everything you could and it alleviates your conscience.

Working with your intuition and discernment is a whole new ballgame and it's a level above the monkey mind. It's very much a grey area where the black-and-white thinking really has no place. It's actually above your 'positive thinking' because it's beyond thinking and more of a 'just knowing'.

Quote:
I'm seeing the LoA as a tool to ease into more positive thinking, which has got to be a good thing. Yes, I like that affirmation, I will include that.
Used in the right way LoA can be pretty cool but it takes a whole different perspective again, most people can't or won't change their paradigm to that perspective so they can't understand how it works and why it doesn't appear to them to work.

LoA is all about what you are, as in resonant frequencies. If you're attracting 'lessons' then that's where your frequencies are - at the frequencies of needing those lessons. If the lessons are still coming, you still need them. We get what we need after all. The reason you're seeing the synchronicities is because your frequencies are in harmony with being able to recognise them as such - signs/communication with Spirit. You put a great store in the numbers so that's how LoA is happening for you.

Affirmations is all about the wording, and words have power - even the words we use have power over us. A little though can make a huge difference.

Quote:
Yep, I think that's absolutely it.
We're all still human after all.

Quote:
I'm getting a lot of synchronity via numbers and also the medium told me I'd be seeing the infinity symbol and to take note of what I was thinking about when I saw it. Although the symbol is about something else which is deeply important to me, it is still synchronicity and the situation is followed up with more numbers and flashes of blue light in my peripheral vision. Also, just recently, I've waking 5-6 times during the night and note the time, like 11:11, 2:22. It was a pretty heavy week last week at work and I asked them yesterday to give me the night off with the waking and numbers and that's exactly what I got.

Thanks Greenslade for the nudge and dollop of encouragement.

Patrycia
That's all 'true' LoA right there because that's what you're attracting - sometimes it really is that simple. Spirit's still working closely with you so the two of you aren't sulking with one another. Numbers have a huge significance in Spirituality, especially the number 3. Yep, the Trinity, the Power of Three if you're feeling Charmed and 12 is a 'magic' number too. Twelve is four threes. Oh, and thirteen being unlucky? Only if you're a Knight Templar but it's not thirteen, it's twelve plus one.

One, three and twelve.

You're most welcome, Patrycia. As always it's all to the good.
Old 16-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
So how do you discern, with your thoughts, mind, solar plexus or something else? How do you know if you’ve got it right?

I'd say you discern with your life experience + lack of selfishness. The instrument you use - thought, feeling, intuition etc -
depends on circumstances. And you know you've got it right when it brings you peace of mind.
Old 19-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Master
I am just learning this.

To me, personally, discernment means recognising those things conducive to your spiritual growth and getting more of that and those things which are an anathema to it and avoiding those at all costs.

Many people will say 'we attract certain people to teach us lessons', but what if we are attracting certain people to reinforce lessons already taught?

For example, a devout Christian may forever be attracting atheists and 'haters' and people who would wish to do them harm, simply because he is a devout Christian.

Now many would say 'listen to others, they have a message to teach if you self-introspect and find out what it is that is being reflected in you" now, do you think that Christian dude is gonna listen to the Satan dude who tells him "God does not exist?" of course not! so the Satan dude will say "you are only a BLIND BELIEVER because you won't listen to ME" and the Christian dude will think "oh, that Satan dude still flapping his lips? will he ever shut up?"

So, to the Christian dude, it doesn't matter what the Satan dude does or says...he can get called every name under the sun...told he is mad for believing in God...told he is insane because he won't listen to reason!...meanwhile, the Atheist dude is getting all hot and red under the collar...because his needs are not being addressed and the Christian dude is sitting there, sipping tea and looking at his watch...all calm and relaxed because his needs ARE being addressed...by God.

This is discernment.
Old 19-07-2017, 02:23 PM
Master

Quote:
What is understood by the word “discernment”? According to the Oxford dictionary, discernment means “the ability to judge well.” I’ve been told by a number of different mediums that one of my life lessons is to learn discernent. So how do you discern, with your thoughts, mind, solar plexus or something else? How do you know if you’ve got it right?
Hi Patrycia-Rose,

You might get more mileage out of your search if you use the more common term for what you are looking for: discrimination or (in Sanskrit) viveka, one of the major foundations of spiritual practice.

Basically, discrimination is the ability or capacity to determine the difference between light vs. darkness, truth vs. ignorance, 'real' vs. 'unreal', etc. in any context.

In order to develop this capacity it is first necessary to be willing to invoke the light itself - sincerely - and assiduously seek for Truth - as an attitude and way of life. Importantly, this means a positive identification with what one is seeking - not a cold rote mental skepticism, intellectual stubbornness and inflexibility, etc. - but a burning need to know truth. Then truth will come to you.

Sincerity becomes clarity.
One acquires the capacity because they are actually becoming the capacity by invoking, seeking and serving it more consistently and consciously. Only when a demonstrated willingness and eagerness for it has been applied will the readiness be manifested.

It is a gradual, progressive process.

--------
Quote:
Discrimination

Discrimination is the secret of success. Always discriminate light from darkness, pleasure human from Joy divine, human desire from divine aspiration. The more you secretly discriminate, the quicker God openly comes to you.
- Sri Chinmoy

more here:
discernment

discrimination

~ J
Old 20-07-2017, 01:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

In order to develop this capacity it is first necessary to be willing to invoke the light itself - sincerely - and assiduously seek for Truth - as an attitude and way of life. Importantly, this means a positive identification with what one is seeking - not a cold rote mental skepticism, intellectual stubbornness and inflexibility, etc. - but a burning need to know truth. Then truth will come to you.
Very nicely expressed!

Then all those who have a cold rote mental skepticism, intellectual stubbornness, inflexibility etc are going to try and discredit you, invalidate you, humiliate you and argue with you for argument's sake...and you are finding yourself saying "thank you and bless you my child" a lot, which only infuriates them more...until you learn that Truth loves its own company and no other and you wind up physically and existentially alone, but filled with Consciousness and the wonders of the universe.
Old 21-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Pathfinder
To me discernment means the ability to interpret information's quality of being inline with "Christ consciousness" or I prefer to call it "Buddha Nature" but they're one and the same really, the latter being a bit more advanced.
It stems from having what Christ called "Ears to hear" -- the more you hear Truth which resonates with your internal world, the more you begin to discern what is from the higher frequencies and is unadulterated.
It's also a form of "Holy Understanding" that leads you to comprehend the information that is presented; whether it is from duality, aka "Anti-Christ" or it's from the Timeless Zero Space beyond this Universe, aka Akasha, aka "Christ consciousness" or a more complete and advanced form would be "Buddha Nature".

P.S.
The reason I mentioned "Christ Consciousness" is because a lot of people vibe with that term; because I was born in East Asia I prefer to use "Buddha Nature"; both are valid terms because they are summits on the path, however "Buddha Nature" is indeed more whole and complete.