Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 11-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Repeat something enough, and you'll begin to believe it. And wild and wacky things start to happen that you'd never expect!
Yes - & this is true even for kids! My youngest has to find some way to feel powerful against the older ones - so sometimes he has to have his superman outfit on to help his belief... As long as he doesn't go jumping off the roof, we're ok!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaya48
AFFIRMATIONS CAN BE VERY POWERFUL, IN THE WAY OF HELPING US THROUGH FALSE BELIEVES OF OURSELVES OR OUR LIVES. PUT ONTO US BY OTHERS OR CERTAIN SITUATIONS WE MAY FACE THAT BRING US DOWN, OR TAKE AWAY OUR PERSONAL POWER.
This is gold! (If I repeat it enough, will it really turn to gold? lol j/k ) I really do like what you wrote here, Shaya.
Annoying Pony - You raise a good question. It boils down to: Thoughts are powerful! Would you rather have that power working for you or against you? That is... thoughts that are believed & felt. Maybe gratitude is most powerful.
Old 13-11-2010, 12:37 AM
shaya48

ANYTHING THAT IS POSITIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
Yes - & this is true even for kids! My youngest has to find some way to feel powerful against the older ones - so sometimes he has to have his superman outfit on to help his belief... As long as he doesn't go jumping off the roof, we're ok!
This is gold! (If I repeat it enough, will it really turn to gold? lol j/k ) I really do like what you wrote here, Shaya.
Annoying Pony - You raise a good question. It boils down to: Thoughts are powerful! Would you rather have that power working for you or against you? That is... thoughts that are believed & felt. Maybe gratitude is most powerful.

ANYTHING POSITIVE WORKS WITH US NOT AGAINST US, AND WILL ATTRACT THE SAME INTO OUR LIVES.

SOME OF US ARE STUCK WITH THE SAME THOUGHTS AND BELIEF PATTERNS WE HAVE HAD SINCE CHILDHOOD ABOUT OURSELVES OR DIFFERENT THINGS WE WERE LED TO BELIEVE TO BE TRUE.

IT TAKES SOME PEOPLE ALOT OF YEARS TO CHANGE ANY NEGATIVE THOUGHT PATTERNS THEY HAVE ABOUT THEMSELVES, BY LEARNING TO LOVE THEMSELVES AND TO HAVE THEIR OWN BELIEFS AND FEEL RIGHT WITH THEM.
SADLY SOME CANT CHANGE OR GET THE HELP TO KNOW HOW TO CHANGE.

AFFIRMATIONS AND HARD WORK ON OUR PART TO DO OUR BIT TO HELP OURSELVES ISNT ALWAYS EASY BUT IT CAN BE ACHEIVED I KNOW I HAVE LIVED THIS MYSELF.

WHEN WE BELIEVE IN OURSELVES, EXCEPT OURSELVES FOR WHO WE ARE, LOVE OURSELVES THEN BIG CHANGES HAPPEN FOR THE BETTER.

GETTING SOME SORT OF PRAISE OR COMPLIMENT LIFTS OUR ENERGY AND ALLOWS US TO FEEL BETTER ALSO PUTTING US IN THAT ENERGY OF BEING POSITIVE AND HAPPIER ABOUT LIFE.

I SIT OUTSIDE EVERY MORNING WITH MY FIRST CUP OF COFFEE, AND GIVE THANKS FOR EVERYTHING I HAVE IN MY LIFE, MY FAMILY, MY FRIENDS, MY PET, A ROOF OVER MY HEAD, MY HEALTH, THE ABUNDANCE OF WHAT I NEED TO SURVIVE, THE HELP FROM MY SON AND DAD IN SPIRIT, EVERYTHING THAT SUSTAINS ME I GIVE THANKS FOR, THEN I ASK HELP FOR ALL THOSE LESS FORTUNATE, HEALING FOR THE SICK, AND TO PROTECT OUR MOTHER EARTH, OUR ANIMAL AND SEA KINGDOM HERE ON THIS EARTH PLANE.

LIFE IS A BALANCE HERE OF BOTH NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE, THE KEY IS TO NOT ALLOW THE NEGATIVE TO OVERTAKE EVERYTHING IN OUR LIVES SO WE SHUT OUT EVERYTHING ELSE THAT IS GOOD FOR US.

WE LEARN AND GROW (IF WE CHOOSE TO) ON OUR JOURNEY HERE ON THE EARTH PLANE, LIFE IS OUR GREATEST TEACHER, WE HAVE THE EXPERIENCES WE HAVE ALREADY CHOSEN BEFORE WE COME HERE AS THE LESSONS WE NEED TO LEARN AND GROW FROM AND FOR THE GROWTH OF OUR SOUL AND OUR TRUE PURPOSE HERE.

FOR SOME OUR LEARNING WILL BE HARDER THAN OTHERS, IF THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE CHOSEN AND HOW WE CHOOSE TO LEARN.

ALL LEARNING HERE IS UP TO US, AND WE CAN MAKE OUR LIFE IN SOME WAYS EASIER BY LEARNING FROM SOME OF THE EXPERIENCES WE WILL HAVE AND CHALLENGES PLACED BEFORE US ON OUR JOURNEY HERE, OR WE CAN KEEP REPEATING THE SAME OVER AND OVER BY REFUSING TO BELIEVE WE ARE NOT AT FAULT IN CERTAIN SITUATIONS , HAVE NO FAULTS AND WE CANT SEE WE ARE DOING ANY WRONG.

LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE IT HERE, WE CAN ONLY DO THE BEST WE CAN WITH THE KNOWLEDGE WE HAVE AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

WISDOM IS GAINED FROM CERTAIN EXPERIENCES WE WILL HAVE, GOOD AND BAD, WE ARE STUDENTS AND TEACHERS HERE, AND IT IS GOOD TO BE ABLE TO HELP ANOTHER WITH WISDOM WE HAVE LEARNED, AND IN RETURN THEY CAN PASS IT ON TO ANOTHER IT IS ALL ABOUT LEARNING WHILE WE ARE HERE, WE NEVER STOP LEARNING AGAIN THAT IS OUR CHOICE.

WE ARE ALWAYS GUIDED AND LOVED WHILE WE ARE HERE WE ARE NEVER ALONE, EVEN IN OUR DARKEST TIMES, SPIRIT IS ALWAYS WITH US IN MANY UNSEEN WAYS SO ARE OUR LOVED ONES IN SPIRIT, THEY TRY HARD TO COMFORT AND REASURRE US THAT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT REGARDLESS OF WHAT WE MAY BE GOING THROUGH AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

SHAYA
Old 14-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Seeker
The Law of Attraction (or Affirmations) is an interesting power. Love is the most powerful thing in the Universe, it is the force which holds everything together and makes everything Be. Thoughts are extremely powerful, as well. The human mind is an amazing thing.

Whatever your thoughts are on, that is what happens. You make your own life. I work with Affirmations a lot and the way I have learned is to keep your thoughts positive and behave as though your affirmation has happened. Gratitude is another key. Loving what you have is how to attract it, like a magnet.
If there is something you want (perhaps because you need a replacement, or would just like a treat), you would think of having it already and having gratitude for it. This attracts it. It is important to work in the present, as though you already have it: saying “I’m going to get it soon” means that it is always in the future. It will never be now, always just coming. Remember, time is an illusion.

Another useful device is putting a picture up of what you want, or changing your life in order to make room for it, as if it is there already. An example: if you needed a TV, you would clear space for it.

I hope this makes sense. This is all from my beliefs. Believe what feels right for you. This is my answer to what affirmations are based on what I’ve read, what I’ve been taught, and what works for me.

Love and Light,
UniverseofLove
Old 14-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaya48
...LIFE IS A BALANCE HERE OF BOTH NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE, THE KEY IS TO NOT ALLOW THE NEGATIVE TO OVERTAKE EVERYTHING IN OUR LIVES SO WE SHUT OUT EVERYTHING ELSE THAT IS GOOD FOR US...

WE NEED TO LEARN AND GROW FROM AND FOR THE GROWTH OF OUR SOUL AND OUR TRUE PURPOSE HERE...

WE ARE ALWAYS GUIDED AND LOVED WHILE WE ARE HERE WE ARE NEVER ALONE, EVEN IN OUR DARKEST TIMES, SPIRIT IS ALWAYS WITH US IN MANY UNSEEN WAYS SO ARE OUR LOVED ONES IN SPIRIT, THEY TRY HARD TO COMFORT AND REASURRE US THAT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT REGARDLESS OF WHAT WE MAY BE GOING THROUGH AT ANY GIVEN TIME.
SHAYA
Shaya,
Thanks for those kind words - that touched my heart. Sometimes I feel alone & it's good to remember we're never alone.

You made a good point, that affirmations are not meant to be denial of trials in life. Affirmations are meant to correct thinking, not cover up incorrect thinking with more incorrect thinking. Considering this, maybe to create the most effective affirmation, one must do some real soul searching to discover the root causes of problems or obstacles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverseofLove
Gratitude is another key. Loving what you have is how to attract it, like a magnet...
It is important to work in the present, as though you already have it: ...Remember, time is an illusion.
I agree, UniverseofLove.
Time is also something I've been thinking about... it is an illusion, yet it also tracks our lives, a way to appreciate cycles & seasons.
Old 16-11-2010, 12:39 AM
hmmm

affirmations

Affirming is stating or claiming something. So a spiritual affirmation is stating/claiming what one believes to be spiritually true. Doing so is rather like focusing on something. When one focuses on most anything, this tends to bring out (or perhaps make one notice) that specific thing in one's experience.
Old 16-11-2010, 10:30 AM
mayancalendar

Affirmations are positive statements intended to put you in a positive state of mind, boost your self-confidence, and to attract desirable situation. For instance, if you want a better job, you can use an affirmation such as:

I attract the highest and the best and the most lucrative job.

Repetition helps, but visualization exercises are more powerful.
Old 16-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayancalendar
Affirmations are positive statements intended to put you in a positive state of mind, boost your self-confidence, and to attract desirable situation. For instance, if you want a better job, you can use an affirmation such as:
I attract the highest and the best and the most lucrative job.

Repetition helps, but visualization exercises are more powerful.

Not only that! But one time when a car would not sell for 2 months - in 2 papers and on TV! I finally had had it -I wrote down an affirmation and burned it as I said it a few times - (That it would sell by Thurs at full price)
It sold by Wed at full price. And I was adamant it was going to, too.
And it did!

I was pretty desparate and would do anything.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Enya

Focus of intent is the key. By putting your own power behind your determination, Miss Hepburn, you magnified the required result to you. I find affirmations only work if you're prepared to work with them 100%.
Old 26-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Experiencer
There are also tricks to make them more effective like using them from 3 different perpectives "I", "You", and "She/he"- , also using your name works better too, which especially naturally sounding from the last perpective. The reason for this is, that we got programed into our current beliefs mostly by hearing others saying something about us. You can also say them loud and internally, sing them,write them, listen to them on the recording.
The one I will experiment with is using self-hypnosis or meditation before to put myself into trance, which will make my mind more sensitive to suggestions. I believe they work, but effect is not immediate usually, because it takes time to reprogram. And it takes persistance to do them regularly.
Old 26-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfirst
There are also tricks to make them more effective like using them from 3 different perpectives "I", "You", and "She/he"- , also using your name works better too, which especially naturally sounding from the last perpective. The reason for this is, that we got programed into our current beliefs mostly by hearing others saying something about us. You can also say them loud and internally, sing them,write them, listen to them on the recording.
The one I will experiment with is using self-hypnosis or meditation before to put myself into trance, which will make my mind more sensitive to suggestions. I believe they work, but effect is not immediate usually, because it takes time to reprogram. And it takes persistance to do them regularly.
YES! Thank you for reminding me!

I, Kate, bla bla
You, Kate, bla bla
She Kate, bla bla

It really works !

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru