Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 11-11-2010, 12:36 AM
AnnoyingPony

Book1 What the heck are affirmations?

No, seriously, what are they?

Because I've heard of some pretty esoteric stuff, but this is completely new to me. Is it like one of those "repeat the message aloud" sort of things?
Old 11-11-2010, 12:39 AM
Master
Yes, pretty much :)

Repeat something enough, and you'll begin to believe it. And wild and wacky things start to happen that you'd never expect!

Old 11-11-2010, 12:45 AM
AnnoyingPony

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Yes, pretty much :)

Repeat something enough, and you'll begin to believe it. And wild and wacky things start to happen that you'd never expect!

Even if you believe it, that doesn't make it true. But when you expect certain things to happen, you will interpret any action, no matter how insignificant, as proof of your belief's influence of the world.

Sort of like with paranoid people. They think the world is out to get them so much that they interpret everything people do as of malign intent.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyingPony
Even if you believe it, that doesn't make it true. But when you expect certain things to happen, you will interpret any action, no matter how insignificant, as proof of your belief's influence of the world.

Sort of like with paranoid people. They think the world is out to get them so much that they interpret everything people do as of malign intent.

It's more than just weird things happening.
Ex. Say I want a new dog.
I would write down a phrase like "I will get a new dog soon"
and say it for 2 minutes a day. I may even put a picture of a
dog I want.
To be honest I'm skeptical of the idea myself. It doesn't seem realistic.
I tried it and it ended up being horrible. I believed it so much
and put my hopes up so high it hurt like heck when reality came
and I fell.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Master
Quote:

Of course it makes it true. It makes it true to me. And what do I care of the rest of the world is convinced or not?

Does it really matter if I believe I made things happen or not? Would you take it personally if I believed after affirming for a year or so that I am a lovable person and a good mother?

I don't live my life or do affirmations for myself in order to change my world for the better so that everyone else can believe without a doubt that I did it. These things are not done for other people.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:34 AM
White Wolf

Quote:

With apologies in advance to the administrators and moderators - I am not trying to start a fight, I just can't say silent any longer.

AnnoyingPony,

I don't know how old you are - but the impression you give through your posts is that you are extremely young.

Nevertheless, do you have to be so rude?

You asked a question and Kaere was the first person to answer. You don't have to agree with the beliefs of anyone here, but a little respect for their right to believe would be nice.

White Wolf
Old 11-11-2010, 01:46 AM
Master
White wolf thankyou I've been wanting to say that to Annoying Pony for a long time....thanks.
Spiritlite.
And I too aplogize to the mods and admins I too am not starting a fight but this really has gone on too long in too many posts where there is disrespect shown by AP towards others' beliefs when it was not instigated at all.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Everybody wants to be somebody;
nobody wants to grow.

Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

I am surrounded with people who want to learn and grow and blossom.
You know, that may have been Mr. Goethe's experience - but it isn't mine.
I obviously hang with a better crowd than was back at the turn of the 18th c.

Finally wanted to say something, my bone to pick is with Mr. Geothe, not wanting to start anything either.

Nothing personal, Lovely, I love you.

Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi AnnoyingPony

Well, being an atheist and also 14 I would think there would
be some challenges, indeed. I say that for the others not to you.

I always say to people, "Test it out for yourself and see."
And always remember just because science may not be able to explain something now - doesn't mean they won't next year.
It doesn't mean something isn't possible because it can't be registered on a meter.
But, actually they have proven that even looking through a glass at a lone candle in a room changes the candle ---that's old news.

Our senses are so drastically limited - why right now at this second a thousand FM radio waves and AM waves a UHF waves and TV waves are passing through our bodies right now. Are we aware of them?
No. Only if we turn on a radio or TV receiver; even then we must fine tune to the transmitting station.

If you were to experiment, AnnoyingPony - as a scientist - and think for 2 weeks a thought, say, - something silly over and over - even write it out -" I hope my face doesn't break out, I can't have my face break out. My face is NOT going to break out."
Or whatever, that was off the top. You're face WILL break out. The fear alone and worry will cause it to! Ha!

Now, try another experiment more positive - "Tom's going to ask me out, I know Tom is going to ask me out. Tom's going to ask me out before this month is up.
Pick something that could happen... because you must believe it could.

The formula is - "Believe and receive."
It would be an exercise in the power of thought or the Power of the Mind.
We already know the Mind has waves -and they are indeed going out and being transmitted.

So, see for yourself...don't believe others that affirmations work.
And don't make up your mind they don't if you haven't experimented yourself.
A scientist is impartial to the results.

And it's useless to argue with someone that has indeed expereinced that affirmations work. And, oh boy, do they ever!
Tried and true - beyond coincidence.
But me saying that won't convince a closed mind, nor would I even try.

The Mind is like a parachute - it only works when it's open.

Take care,
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-11-2010, 02:40 PM
shaya48

WELL SAID WHITE WOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf
With apologies in advance to the administrators and moderators - I am not trying to start a fight, I just can't say silent any longer.

AnnoyingPony,

I don't know how old you are - but the impression you give through your posts is that you are extremely young.

Nevertheless, do you have to be so rude?

You asked a question and Kaere was the first person to answer. You don't have to agree with the beliefs of anyone here, but a little respect for their right to believe would be nice.

White Wolf
YES IT HAD TO BE SAID WHITE WOLF AND YOU PUT IT IN A NON OFFENSIVE WAY WELL DONE.

ANNOYING PONY,

DEAR ONE,

LETS HOPE AS YOU GO ALONG ON YOUR JOURNEY IN LIFE, YOU WILL GAIN SOME VALUABLE WISDOM FROM THOSE WHO HAVE IT TO GIVE.

TO KNOW SOMETHING IS TO FIRST UNDERSTAND WHAT IT IS AND THE PURPOSE IT SERVES.

AFFIRMATIONS ARE AT THE MOMENT FOR YOU BEYOND YOUR UNDERSTANDING, SO NATURALLY YOUR REPLY WAS BOUND TO GET SOME RESPONSE FROM THOSE WHO DO KNOW ON WHAT LEVEL THEY HELP US.

AFFIRMATIONS CAN BE VERY POWERFUL, IN THE WAY OF HELPING US THROUGH FALSE BELIEVES OF OURSELVES OR OUR LIVES. PUT ONTO US BY OTHERS OR CERTAIN SITUATIONS WE MAY FACE THAT BRING US DOWN, OR TAKE AWAY OUR PERSONAL POWER.

THEY ARE NOT MAGIC AND BRING US WHAT WE WANT IN THE WAY OF MATERIAL THINGS, MONEY IS NOT GOING TO FALL FROM THE SKY ONTO US BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IT WILL THAT IS NOT AN AFFIRMATION THAT IS A FALSE BELIEVE OF AN AFFIRMATION.

AN AFFIRMATION EMPOWERS US ON THE LEVEL WE NEED IT TO HELP US BELIEVE IN OURSELVES MORE, OUR QUALITIES, OUR SKILLS, OR WHATEVER PROBLEM WE ARE FACING AT THE TIME, INCLUDING EMOTIONAL TRAUMA'S.

I WILL GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE SO YOU HOPEFULLY HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF AN AFFIRMATION .

LETS JUST SAY AT WORK YOU DO YOUR BEST TO PLEASE YOUR BOSS BUT EVERYDAY YOU GO TO WORK YOUR BOSS PICKS ON YOU FOR NO REASON, AND FINDS FAULT WITH EVERYTHING YOU DO, SO IN THE END YOU DONT WANT TO GO TO WORK TO FACE YOUR BOSS BECAUSE HE HAS MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE A FAILURE AND THAT YOU CAN DO NOTHING RIGHT. YOUR SELF ASTEEM AND CONFIDENCE GOES RIGHT DOWN, YOU CANT BE THE SAME PERSON BECAUSE YOU FEEL USELESS THAT IS WHAT ANOTHER PERSON HAS DONE TO YOU AND MADE YOU FEEL ABOUT YOURSELF.(OF COURSE YOUR BOSS HAS THE PROBLEM NOT YOU BUT YOU WOULDNDT KNOW THAT)

SO A PERSON SUGGESTS TO YOU TO TRY SAYING AN AFFIRMATION FOR YOURSELF TO BE ABLE TO FACE YOUR BOSS AGAIN AND DO YOUR WORK UNTIL YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR JOB AND WORK SOME WHERE ELSE, (IF THAT IS WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO WANT TO DO)

SO THIS IS THE AFFIRMATION YOU ARE GIVEN TO SAY.

I WORK TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY
I USE MY SKILLS TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL
I BELIEVE IN MYSELF AND THE GOOD WORK I DO.
I REFUSE TO GIVE AWAY MY POWER TO FALSE BELIEFS OF MY WORK
I AM ALWAYS IN CONTROL, I AM CONFIDENT AND POSITIVE ABOUT MY
ABILITIES AND SKILLS THAT I WORK WITH.
MY WORK BRINGS ME THE ABUNDANCE I AM WORTHY OF.

THAT IS AN AFFIRAMTION TO LIFT YOUR SELF ASTEEM AND CONFIDENCE TO GET YOU PAST WHAT SOMEONE ELSE HAS PUT ONTO YOU FROM THEIR NEGATIVE OPINIONS OF YOU THAT COME FROM THEIR OWN STUFF THAT THEY NEED TO DEAL WITH AND NOT PUT ONTO OTHERS. IN OTHER WORDS YOU WILL ALWAYS COME ACROSS PEOPLE THAT HAVE PROBLEMS THAT THEY ARE ONLY TOO HAPPY TO TAKE OUT ON OTHERS BECAUSE IT MAKES THEM FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES.

I HOPE THIS HAS HELPED YOU UNDERSTAND BETTER THE POSITIVE USE OF AFFIRAMTIONS THAT DO HELP US ON A LEVEL WHERE IT IS NEEDED ACCORDING TO THE SITUATION WHICH WE ARE FACING.

LOVE AND LIGHT SHAYA AND TO YOU WHITE WOLF