Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 30-03-2013, 01:36 AM
AbbeyWilcox

How do you find your truth?

I know that is sort of an unanswerable question, but maybe someone could help out.
I don't mean to offend anyone or hate on anyone's beliefs. I'm not here to judge someone else's truth. I just need to find my own truth.

I want to believe in the Bible, but then I have trouble trusting it because of how many times it has been translated and edited to serve a church's purpose. The same goes for any other holy text.
I want to believe in a higher power, but there are so many different versions of a higher power. There is the Christian god, there are Pagan gods and goddesses, there is the vague "Divine" of general spiritualism...need I go on?
I want to believe, heck, I need to believe, but I don't know in what or who!
Humanity doesn't make sense anymore...nothing makes sense anymore. Life was easier when I was younger and I blindly believed whatever my parents told me to.
I've tried meditating, I've tried praying, and I have been patient. Years of patience. Nothing but silence.
I can feel it in my heart, I can feel that there is SOMETHING out there, some sort of higher power, but then I feel silly because a vague something isn't going to help me any. The world isn't going to make sense because I feel some vague presence in my heart. Whatever that even means.

Has anyone else felt this way? How did you get through it, if you did?
Old 30-03-2013, 01:53 AM
Quagmire

You are your own truth; believe in your Self and the rest will fall into place in the right order.
Old 30-03-2013, 01:59 AM
AbbeyWilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver
You are your own truth; believe in your Self and the rest will fall into place in the right order.
But how are you so sure that my Self is worth believing in? I am a human, not a deity.
I apologize for my ignorance, I am genuinely curious though.
Old 30-03-2013, 02:06 AM
Quagmire

Why do you believe any deity is more worth than a human? And how do you know you are human besides the body you reside within? There is the theory of Otherkin. The thing about the Self is that no matter what shape it takes it is always worth being; you just have to remember that it is the Self that defines the Self, so define it as something worth being. Human is not necessarily no worth or less in any way...
Old 30-03-2013, 02:13 AM
missrachel300

Hi Abbey,
I don't know how you feel about divination... but learning different forms of divination opened up a whole new world of spirituality for me. It enables me to communicate with my higher self. Sounds totally kooky. But it works for me. lol.
Old 30-03-2013, 02:16 AM
AbbeyWilcox

Quote:
Why do you believe any deity is more worth than a human? And how do you know you are human besides the body you reside within? There is the theory of Otherkin. The thing about the Self is that no matter what shape it takes it is always worth being; you just have to remember that it is the Self that defines the Self, so define it as something worth being. Human is not necessarily no worth or less in any way...

What is the Self though? Is it like a soul?
Old 30-03-2013, 02:18 AM
AbbeyWilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by missrachel300
Hi Abbey,
I don't know how you feel about divination... but learning different forms of divination opened up a whole new world of spirituality for me. It enables me to communicate with my higher self. Sounds totally kooky. But it works for me. lol.

I've practiced Tarot, but my thoughts start moving too quickly for comprehension when I interpret the cards so I've sort of given up :/ That's wonderful that it has worked for you! :)
Old 30-03-2013, 02:22 AM
Quagmire

The Self is your perception of yourself, which is defined by your truth.
Old 30-03-2013, 02:32 AM
AbbeyWilcox

Quote:
The Self is your perception of yourself, which is defined by your truth.

That sort of goes in circles then. I don't know what my truth is, so I can't define my Self, but I need to know my Self to know my truth?

(I really apologize if I come across as hostile, I'm not. I'm trying to understand your words, which are beautiful, even if I don't completely comprehend them)
Old 30-03-2013, 02:37 AM
missrachel300

Sorry to hear about the tarot confusion :/ It is the most difficult form of divination to understand, in my opinion.

My original 'gateway' into spirituality was actually learning about 'in depth' Astrology. It reveals so much about the complexities of our universe and personalities. Its such a great tool... but I am biased. :P

I think as long as your keep looking for signs... you will eventually develop a stronger faith in... 'whatever is out there'. :) Just give it some time and open yourself up to experience. Exploring these forums is a good place to start!