Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-07-2017, 01:48 AM
Experiencer

Christian Buddhist?

While I know that I am capable of being both.. I'm wondering if Christians are capable of acccepting that I am both.
Old 14-07-2017, 03:04 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
While I know that I am capable of being both.. I'm wondering if Christians are capable of acccepting that I am both.

I did a great article on the similarities of both. You can read it here: Cosmic Man

The two stories are essentially the same, but with different mysteries explained. The Christian story is Male, while the story of Awakening (BUDH) is Female. They are meant to be together, making one new understanding. Both are essential to solving the larger mystery. Buddha was never a Buddhist, nor was Christ a Christian. They were both followers of the Way. This is what is best described as the Religion of the Heart. No creeds, no rituals and no rites. There is no efficacy in rites, rituals or religion (noun). Religion is a verb, as is God.

Each of the two stories are based on the central cosmic truth of mankind. We are all Buddha / Christ. Buddha is Awakening and Christ is the manifestation of this awakening into action. Enlightenment comes by practice. Practice brings performance. Christ was a Bodhisattva.
Old 14-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Not "if Christians," but rather "if some Christians." Christians are not a clan or clique, they're individuals. And every individual will respond differently. Obviously, someone who has a healthy relationship to life, and who is open in their beliefs, will accept another's spiritual path. And someone who is ill and stuck in their beliefs (spiritual-religious fundamentalism, which is illness of the mind) won't accept another's path. There you go, there's your answer, it's that straightforward.

Last edited by Baile : 14-07-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 14-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Master
That is a very interesting proposal of a Christian Buddist. You are bordering on interfaith than either of the two. Maybe you should consider dropping the labels that will just confuse other people and maybe offend them and just be a follower of Christ, Buddha, etc, why limit yourself to the two. You might find that as you investigate other faiths they resonate with you just like the two and you could just add on as you go.
Old 14-07-2017, 06:50 PM
Master
Siddartha had lived some 300+ years before Christ's appearance.
He was certainly in, "The Way". However?

Jesus made a certain statement to all, regarding to being,
"The One"...
"I am from above, you are from below"...
This includes Siddartha, who most likely attained "Nirvana", due to an NDE.
Seeing he abused the flesh severely when joined with the Asthetics, who were famous for that.

While there are close alignments between Buddha's teachings and Christ's, because they are Truth, you should not ignore the atoning work of The Lamb of God on the Cross, for sins, which we are born into regarding this organic situation, in illusory time and space...
And involving Salvation.

The later is the greater.

"You must be born again." - Jesus

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 14-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoni7510
That is a very interesting proposal of a Christian Buddist. You are bordering on interfaith than either of the two. Maybe you should consider dropping the labels that will just confuse other people and maybe offend them and just be a follower of Christ, Buddha, etc, why limit yourself to the two. You might find that as you investigate other faiths they resonate with you just like the two and you could just add on as you go.

Well.. I do have some interest in Hinduism as well.. You have a point
Old 15-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Siddartha had lived some 300+ years before Christ's appearance.
He was certainly in, "The Way". However?

Jesus made a certain statement to all, regarding to being,
"The One"...
"I am from above, you are from below"...
This includes Siddartha, who most likely attained "Nirvana", due to an NDE.
Seeing he abused the flesh severely when joined with the Asthetics, who were famous for that.

While there are close alignments between Buddha's teachings and Christ's, because they are Truth, you should not ignore the atoning work of The Lamb of God on the Cross, for sins, which we are born into regarding this organic situation, in illusory time and space...
And involving Salvation.

The later is the greater.

"You must be born again." - Jesus

"Mara", btw, in Buddhism, is an excellent illustration of the devil in the Bible. Who is the author of illusion.
Especially, given what the Physicists have concluded since Einstein, about the nature of, "The World".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:

You either put your trust and hope entirely on Jesus of Nasareth, the Christ (Messiah) as your only Saviour or you don't. There is no middle ground.
Old 16-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Master
I believe Buddha was a holy and enlightened master teacher, a very evolved soul. But Jesus Christ was the savior of the human race.

I see the difference and believe in both respectfully for who they are. Just like Muhammad, I believe he was a prophet, a social reformer with visions from Above.

But at the end of the day, in my own experiences Jesus was the "God-Man" who lived on Earth.

You know you can be all at the same time. It's called non-dual awareness :-/
Old 16-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Suspended
You may regardless of what you're now as a human in your learning. But when you're in the spiritual realm, or in another world who are you going to follow? Are you following to Christianity heaven or the pureland with Buddha? So it's obvious that you may be following neither of them. Why? Even you want to follow either of them but you'll find that your thinking and practice are not the same as them (either one). That's my advice.