Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-05-2017, 07:37 AM
Ascender
Radical Acceptance

This is a lesson that I am currently setting myself on and learning about. Traditionally I am non-Christian however lately I have decided to follow Jesus. I am still interested in my spiritual mysticism and have some interest in Hinduism and Buddhism. To me, Jesus represents as a person the love and humility that this world needs. Difficult paths of realizing yourself are great if you ask me, however, it's not for everyone on this Earth. The love represented by Jesus though IS something I think for the whole world. The kind of love he had I feel was against all reason. Reason says, "Oh this person is not 'good' so we don't love them." This means all sorts of things!!

This is the point of my post. If you look at what we truly feel about people many, many people come up short on our judgements in general as humans. This person who hurt me, that sort of person who has a certain personality, people politically opposed to me, all sorts come up short. The love though, represented by Jesus whether you believe in him or not, is what this world needs.

Radical acceptance is the complete acceptance I feel of self and others that is required for the love that Christ had.
If you want to know yourself like Buddha suggested then wouldn't you have to have radical acceptance as well?
Old 26-05-2017, 08:19 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydek
...If you want to know yourself like Buddha suggested then wouldn't you have to have radical acceptance as well?

Indeed!
Old 26-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Master

Smile

Quote:
Radical acceptance is the complete acceptance I feel of self and others that is required for the love that Christ had.
If you want to know yourself like Buddha suggested then wouldn't you have to have radical acceptance as well?
I think a big reason we don't accept ourselves and consequently each other, is because we don't understand ourselves. Accepting ourselves doesn't have to be blind. And if we have a hard time accepting and loving ourselves, we can learn why we have a hard time, and get help to begin change that.

Great post!
Old 26-05-2017, 07:29 PM
kjw47

Quote:
This is a lesson that I am currently setting myself on and learning about. Traditionally I am non-Christian however lately I have decided to follow Jesus. I am still interested in my spiritual mysticism and have some interest in Hinduism and Buddhism. To me, Jesus represents as a person the love and humility that this world needs. Difficult paths of realizing yourself are great if you ask me, however, it's not for everyone on this Earth. The love represented by Jesus though IS something I think for the whole world. The kind of love he had I feel was against all reason. Reason says, "Oh this person is not 'good' so we don't love them." This means all sorts of things!!

This is the point of my post. If you look at what we truly feel about people many, many people come up short on our judgements in general as humans. This person who hurt me, that sort of person who has a certain personality, people politically opposed to me, all sorts come up short. The love though, represented by Jesus whether you believe in him or not, is what this world needs.

Many who think they have love for God, Jesus and their fellow man have falsely reasoned from within. And are taught by blind guides that know them not.

The spirit of Jesus in the mortal heart = Love, Peace-Unity-- Love your enemy. Return evil for evil to no one. If your enemy is hungry-feed him, if thirsty, give him a drink. Vengeance is MINE said the Lord.

Spirit of antichrist= Hate, calamity, division--- hearts of fear turn to anger and hatred--return evil for evil to your enemy, even as far as kill them--take vengeance for pride and self gratification.
Old 28-05-2017, 12:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
Many who think they have love for God, Jesus and their fellow man have falsely reasoned from within. And are taught by blind guides that know them not.

The spirit of Jesus in the mortal heart = Love, Peace-Unity-- Love your enemy. Return evil for evil to no one. If your enemy is hungry-feed him, if thirsty, give him a drink. Vengeance is MINE said the Lord.

Spirit of antichrist= Hate, calamity, division--- hearts of fear turn to anger and hatred--return evil for evil to your enemy, even as far as kill them--take vengeance for pride and self gratification.

I liked this. So many people seem to think if they just say nice words everything is ok. But even jesus was like, many were going to come to him wanting to sing about what wonderful things they were doing in his name and he would be like 'get away from me, for I knew you not'.
Old 28-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
People who think they have love
People who falsely reason
People who are taught by blind guides
Evil this and that
Vengeance is MINE said the Lord
Anti-Christ this and that
You post this after Zydek posts this:

"The LOVE though, represented by Jesus whether you believe in him or not, is what this world needs."

Seems you missed his point entirely. The idea is radical: to ignore the fear and hate-rhetoric that religion and the church typically focuses on, and immerse one's self instead in the truth regarding love that Jesus spoke of. Hard to do if one has already formed a fundamentalist relationship to Christianity, unfortunately. In which case not so much radical as impossible.

Last edited by Baile : 28-05-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 28-05-2017, 11:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
So many people seem to think if they just say nice words everything is ok.
That is an expression of the ego and lower self. The lower self longs to see itself as hurt and broken (think, "we are all sinners" ala Christian belief). The lower self pities itself; this is how it endeavors to remain in that broken state. Self-pity is the way one reinforces its negative world view; it's a circuitous negative-prayer affirmation: "My life is bad, because the world is bad, which explains why my life is bad." Furthermore and to reinforce this broken world and self-view, the ego then turns on others and accuses them of various improprieties (think "false prophets and blind guides"). All this is, is an abdication of one's responsibility to take hold of their own soul-spirit development.

People who "say nice things" are sharing love, the sort of love Jesus spoke of. That's the whole point of this thread topic. Those individuals are taking conscious responsibility for their personal attitude and outlook, and are attempting to bring a positive and loving impulse into the world. Which is what Jesus spoke of, and directed us to do.

People who have an antipathetic reaction to those who "say nice things," are not taking self-responsibility. They are endeavoring to remain in their broken-self beliefs. And they are doing it at the expense of those who are trying their best to pull such people out of their unconscious belief-lethargy. And of course, if the individual is unconscious and/or has no wish to change their self-pitying ways and fearful world-views, they won't respond to "The world is love." They'll only respond to evil this and Anti-Christ that, and vengeance is MINE said the Lord. They will like that. Because it reinforces what the ego and lower self wants to believe, and chooses to focus on.
Old 28-05-2017, 12:33 PM
Master
Radical Acceptance:

Love permeates every aspect of creation.
It is the driving force of life.
Life is good, and the universe is entirely benevolent.

That's it. That is enlightenment. It's ironic that it takes radical acceptance of this reality, to accept it. One would think saying yes to the love and benevolence of creation would be something everyone would naturally do, without giving it a second thought. But as Marianne Williamson wrote, it is not our inadequacy and darkness that we fear most, but our power-beyond-measure and our light. Essentially, we are terrified at the thought of being whole. Because it means we have no more excuses left. Nothing and no one left to blame for our imagined shortcomings.
Old 29-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
But as Marianne Williamson wrote, it is not our inadequacy and darkness that we fear most, but our power-beyond-measure and our light. Essentially, we are terrified at the thought of being whole. Because it means we have no more excuses left. Nothing and no one left to blame for our imagined shortcomings.

This quote is amazing. I love it to death because it is so honest and accurate. It describes something special to me that I knew was there but I didn't know it if that makes sense.
Old 30-05-2017, 08:23 AM
Master
Quote:
It describes something special to me that I knew was there but I didn't know it if that makes sense.
I know exactly what you mean. I came across her quote on a poster. One of those "Did I just read that or am I dreaming?" type moments. The truth is so authentic and so suddenly self-evident, it flattens you. Here's another part of her quote:

"We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world."

You are brilliantly correct regarding radical acceptance of Jesus' teachings pertaining to love. Your post is pure insight and deep truth; similar in that way to MW's words. But ultimately, the ability to love the world begins with loving one's self and one's life. This really is the harder aspect of all this, impossible for many people to do let alone even grasp as a concept. And that's largely because institutions like the church teach the exact opposite. People are taught to despise their humanness, to hate the material world. They are taught neither to serve the world nor love it, but to unequivocally reject it.