Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
oh i think i see where you are coming from... but contrarily things that look to people like disasters can be the best thing that happens... as well as things that look good to people can be real disasters in the making. But it depends on how well you are given to see past the delusions I guess...
... that's a topsy-turvy way of looking at things.
I must've misunderstood the question ...
Quote:
how did you get there from here?
You were being facetious.
Old 13-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
... that's a topsy-turvy way of looking at things.
I must've misunderstood the question ...You were being facetious.

actually I wasn't, I really didn't understand where you were coming from. I've never seen anyone relate the narrow gate with the ride into jerusalem before... especially as a reason not to walk through the narrow gate...

Try this:

1 corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Old 13-07-2017, 10:51 PM
Master

well we were on the topic of topsy turvy so it is fair to talk about wisdom...

2 thessalonians 2 11 - 12
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

1 Corinthians 1:27
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Romans 16:18
For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

1 Corinthians 3:18
Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions.

1 John 2:4
Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

Isaiah 5:21
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight.

2 Timothy 3:13
while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

2 Corinthians 10:12
Not that we dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who are commending themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding.

James 1:22-25
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it–not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it–they will be blessed in what they do.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:21
For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

Romans 1:22
Professing to be wise, they became fools,

Jeremiah 10:14
Every man is stupid, devoid of knowledge; Every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols; For his molten images are deceitful, And there is no breath in them.

Jeremiah 10:21
For the shepherds have become stupid And have not sought the LORD; Therefore they have not prospered, And all their flock is scattered.

Jeremiah 4:22
"For My people are foolish, They know Me not; They are stupid children And have no understanding They are shrewd to do evil, But to do good they do not know."

Job 12:20
"He silences the lips of trusted advisers
and takes away the discernment of elders."

Job 12:24
"He deprives of intelligence the chiefs of the earth's people And makes them wander in a pathless waste.

1 Corinthians 3:20
and again, "THE LORD KNOWS THE REASONINGS of the wise, THAT THEY ARE USELESS."

much of what says there is a contrariness here: god thinks men are foolish and men think god is foolish. How then can anything we think NOT be topsy-turvy when viewed from god's point of view?
Old 14-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Ascender
Quote:
actually I wasn't, I really didn't understand where you were coming from. I've never seen anyone relate the narrow gate with the ride into jerusalem before... especially as a reason not to walk through the narrow gate...
All I was saying was, why would Jesus say one thing and then do the other? One way leads to life while the other leads to destruction. Which way do you go ...

Putting it another way -
Jesus tells his disciples to go get a donkey and if anyone asks then say it is for the Lord and so on and so forth. So they go get the donkey. When they are untying it the door opens and a there stood in the doorway is the Lord. Because Jesus is the Lord and the donkey belonged to him in the first place.
The disciples are very surprised ...
"Come inside," says Jesus, "the kettle is on the boil and my daughters will soon be back with the sticky buns."
... then overwhelmed with the Good News.
"They've gone to see the procession of Bacchaus for the Return of the King (Herod)", Jesus explains.

Unfortunately, the way is now open for the Bible thumpers to bring to bear the full force or their rules and regulations, and refute every detail. Like the great worms of Dune, leaving nothing in their wake but dust, tumbleweeds, and party leftovers.
Old 15-07-2017, 11:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
All I was saying was, why would Jesus say one thing and then do the other? One way leads to life while the other leads to destruction. Which way do you go ...

hm, I guess I'm still not understanding you but from my *present* understanding of what you are asking let me say if you place traps around doors you shouldn't be walking through then walk through them anyway, so that the traps get triggered, the expected thing happens. Other things also happen that you might not have been trained to expect. It doesn't sound like a sane behavior but might have a certain usefulness to someone who didn't care if they seemed foolish.
Old 16-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Master
The crucifixion meaning is summed up in Forgiveness

Jesus as a man, in his own life showed the Way for our liberation from sin. It's about letting go and letting God.

You need to let go and it's the hardest lesson, to let go of who did you wrong or what had happened to you from life, and know it was all a lesson and something to learn and experience.

That was the New Deal that God gave to us. For so long human beings were full of evil and violence and so much depravity even after Christ left this realm. Before Christ there wasn't a clear and direct way back to the realm and full consciousness of God, or oneness with God.

God made a new covenant, a new deal with the Israelities who were chosen among the other nations. They were a Soul Group, a collective of souls dedicated to helping God save the world through their own lives and examples. The new covenant was this;

God would not judge us for our bad habits, negative defects, attitudes, etc if we just forgave others and ourselves and let go. Forgiveness and letting go does something not only to our soul but to our minds and health. It releases negativity and we surrender to a greater Power and our souls are relinquished from the grip of our egos. The rest of us when we pass over to the spirt World, is burned away; renewed and transformed. That one lesson can fix us completely.

God allowed his Emanation, his Ambassador, the channel of his Divine Nature; the Christ- Jesus to undergo such horror, torture, and death in order to show that forgiveness and love overcomes all violence and negativity. God suffers with humanity, and God transforms the pain of the human race into a resurrection.

Here's a image-
Imagine all the violene and depravity grabbing unto all of us like leeches and parasites, while all our hands on Jesus and he is in the center of this picture, and his hand is grasping a hand reaching down from heaven, and he is pulling us all up with him to make us all into him.

That is the best way I can describe it. Crucifixion is only a passing thing, resurrection is the destination.