Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Pathfinder

Thumbs up I'm a 'Christian' but...

I consider myself a 'Christian' but over the past few years I feel there is some further knowledge which cannot be found in any written texts such as the Bible.

I believe there is Jesus as our Saviour and 'God', however, I feel there is more to this. I don't believe anyone on this earth would know exactly who 'God' is. The Bible is there yes, but I believe there is more to this than what is written.

I find it annoying how certain 'Christians' flaunt the Bible everywhere as the remedy for everything.

Anyone else feel this way? How do I overcome this feeling?

Really, I am starting to drift away in my faith after having several spiritual encounters.
Old 30-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpirituallyEnlightene​d
I consider myself a 'Christian' but over the past few years I feel there is some further knowledge which cannot be found in any written texts such as the Bible.

I believe there is Jesus as our Saviour and 'God', however, I feel there is more to this. I don't believe anyone on this earth would know exactly who 'God' is. The Bible is there yes, but I believe there is more to this than what is written.

I find it annoying how certain 'Christians' flaunt the Bible everywhere as the remedy for everything.

Really, I am starting to drift away in my faith after having several spiritual encounters.

Have you read The Gospel of Thomas ?
Old 30-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Suspended

Christ himself did not call himself a Christian; & the Bible is a compiled book of writings, which has changed. He wasn't tossing Bibles in people's face.

The notion that the Bible is the only spiritual source of information is a racist lie; Semitic peoples promote certain books, including the Old Testament, as "the only source of prophetic truth", but there are prophets & spiritual texts in different bloodlines & societies.

It's one heck of a sales pitch though; not only does selling Bibles promote those who print them, but also keeps people streamlined into a narrow niche to feed the churches. So, they use the sales pitch that the Bible is only source of all truth because then if people like you, who want more, begin to drift away—your own fear will keep you in bounds to continue supporting their wallets.
Old 30-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

Never. Since not all texts are included in the 'Bible', is this some form of censorship during the various eras?
Old 30-04-2016, 06:21 PM
Pathfinder

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by antago
Christ himself did not call himself a Christian; & the Bible is a compiled book of writings, which has changed. He wasn't tossing Bibles in people's face.

The notion that the Bible is the only spiritual source of information is a racist lie; Semitic peoples promote certain books, including the Old Testament, as "the only source of prophetic truth", but there are prophets & spiritual texts in different bloodlines & societies.

It's one heck of a sales pitch though; not only does selling Bibles promote those who print them, but also keeps people streamlined into a narrow niche to feed the churches. So, they use the sales pitch that the Bible is only source of all truth because then if people like you, who want more, begin to drift away—your own fear will keep you in bounds to continue supporting their wallets.

I agree, some Christian denominations have become a business.

Those 'Christians' who say Jesus this, Jesus that for everything. I feel they are brainwashed. What do you think? I think rationally but I don't feel you can ask 'Jesus' for something at that moment and expect instant results.
Old 30-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Suspended

Quote:
I agree, some Christian denominations have become a business.

Those 'Christians' who say Jesus this, Jesus that for everything. I feel they are brainwashed. What do you think? I think rationally but I don't feel you can ask 'Jesus' for something at that moment and expect instant results.

I think that asking Jesus for something & expecting instant results is treating him like a slave. I think having faith means he'll get it done in a timely, good way; not that he is your slave, nor that he will do things in a miserable, untimely way.
Old 30-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by antago
I think that asking Jesus for something & expecting instant results is treating him like a slave. I think having faith means he'll get it done in a timely, good way; not that he is your slave, nor that he will do things in a miserable, untimely way.

I agree, I do believe if you ask for something in Jesus' name, something is happening in the unseen world. I feel it on another level, if I pray for protection I can feel the air 'clear', as if there is an army of good spirits suddenly coming to form a barrier. I also tried this with bad people on the street, they somehow can't come near me, can't make eye contact and go the other direction.

I've spoken to spirits speaking through another person so this really changed my viewpoint of this world.
Old 30-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Never. Since not all texts are included in the 'Bible', is this some form of censorship during the various eras?

Yes, look for what was deliberately excluded and you might find what you are looking for
Old 30-04-2016, 06:32 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

I'm starting to read that now. I find this line very interesting:

Quote:
30. Jesus said, "Where there are three deities, they are divine. Where there are two or one, I am with that one."

I had an encounter with 3 knight spirits, even spoke to them. Does this confirm they were divine? I wasn't able to test them further, they refused to appear to me even after asking. I cannot be 100% sure if they were from God.
Old 30-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Master
Quote:

Millions of people have come to this, just pick up some esoteric Christian literature and start reading. That's the next stage to deeper understanding; the mystical aspects underlying the surface teachings of the church. Rosicrucian literature is probably the best place to start, the most accessible as there are books online.