Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 09-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Administrator
Swimming Pools - hmmmmm

Hello

Well with the best of intentions yesterday I put on the dreaded swim suit and ventured off to the new local pool. Motivated by my friend from England that the rest of our poundage should leave our bodies.

I do not swim well, and with balance inner ear issues there is little hope to learn anything that requires the head to move side to side. I did however do many laps of deep water walking. Man alive I am sore today. The bottom half of me is fine, I walk a lot so legs good to go. The upper part of me well it feels like its left the building.

There is a lesson in all of this I know, for those of you that are still at tender young ages please do not let the body go....trust me at 50 trying to shed the pounds and to tone the body is a lot of hard work. I embrace that it would take a lot of surgical nips and tucks and plastic parts to put things back in place and I wont go there...but looking back now I would not have let things so slide.....

Do not let the body go or you might wake to is that me in the mirror ??? and all the body parts when you move at 50. I will get there 20 down and next goal 40. I have already in the past shed 100 so I can do it.....

Ouch even the fingers hurt !

Lynn
Old 09-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Michael29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Well with the best of intentions yesterday I put on the dreaded swim suit and ventured off to the new local pool. Motivated by my friend from England that the rest of our poundage should leave our bodies.

I do not swim well, and with balance inner ear issues there is little hope to learn anything that requires the head to move side to side. I did however do many laps of deep water walking. Man alive I am sore today. The bottom half of me is fine, I walk a lot so legs good to go. The upper part of me well it feels like its left the building.

There is a lesson in all of this I know, for those of you that are still at tender young ages please do not let the body go....trust me at 50 trying to shed the pounds and to tone the body is a lot of hard work. I embrace that it would take a lot of surgical nips and tucks and plastic parts to put things back in place and I wont go there...but looking back now I would not have let things so slide.....

Do not let the body go or you might wake to is that me in the mirror ??? and all the body parts when you move at 50. I will get there 20 down and next goal 40. I have already in the past shed 100 so I can do it.....

Lynn

I know for a fact you can do it lynn, but dont overdo yourself.. swimming is relaxing when your just floating arround, but excersing in the pool definetly wears you out!

Last time i was in the pool it gave me an anxiety attack, but only because me and denise was in a hot-tub.. the heat killed me off, lol felt like i was going to pass out, that and i was practicly blind then since i didnt have my glasses on.. swimming in white noise really, impossible to see under the water like that.

Now i cant wait to swim now that ive had my eyes laser corrected. Just take it easy in the pool, its a very healthy way to keep fit but its very well known to take its toll on the body and make you ache all over.
Old 23-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Lynn

Congratulations! In my experience nothing compares to the pool. Just treading water could be a great exercise. You could even make it harder if you like by keeping your hands above your head. Then when you get tired you can use them in combination with your legs to help you tread water.
Old 26-04-2013, 03:39 AM
Knower

Good for you.

Remember that the soreness is good thing. It is simply a sign that those muscles have been neglected and that they were exercised well. Be sure that you get enough protein in order to have them be rebuilt even stronger!
Old 26-04-2013, 05:13 AM
Administrator
Hello

Thanks everyone. Yes the diet is in order. Still at it each day the "Buddha" belly is going down nicely. I feel better even Spring is not as evil for me as it usually is.

Taking it all day by day on how things feel. What I have noticed is that when I jump in now I reach to bottom of the pool. Its 12.5 feet deep. That fear is gone of not coming back up.

Lynn