Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 19-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Master
Embracing Faith

What is it about your faith that you find most endearing? Much like a long lasting relationship is built around endearing qualities lets list those that cement us to our faith.

Please do not list your faith, or name any figures within your faith that would give away what your religious practices are. Try to use characteristic descriptions. Examples, "It renews my faith in: justice, hope, redemption, myself, humanity, balance, the power of peace and love..."

For me "It renews my faith in:" Humanity, my own personal strength, humility, the value of giving of ones self: sacrifice, discipline and charity and the power of peace, love, acceptance and non-violence.
Old 21-05-2011, 06:44 PM
unus supra

this is an interesting one. i dont have a belief system or faith, but i do have a sort of faith i guess.

i have absolutely no idea whats going to happen a split second from now.

but i have faith thats whatever it is, its gonna be okay.

i also dont know a damn thing, no matter how many ways i manage to combine sounds and scribbles, skillful means i might say about words to some, to others, like a clueless kid splashing paint on a blank canvas

and i guess i have faith that its okay.

its alright, whatever it is, its fine

i guess you could call that faith right...?

why not
Old 21-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by unus supra
this is an interesting one. i dont have a belief system or faith, but i do have a sort of faith i guess.

i also dont know a damn thing, no matter how many ways i manage to combine sounds and scribbles, skillful means i might say about words to some, to others, like a clueless kid splashing paint on a blank canvas

why not

I'm with unus supra on all counts and I don't believe today is the last day for the world to exist for mankind. That's my faith!

Blackraven
Old 22-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by unus supra

why not

I loved this. This is how I feel too. If I had to label my religion, I guess it would be Christian, but overall it's kind of a mixed bag....

I have figured some stuff out, my little awakenings and that works for me, but overall I just have faith that it will all be OK and I have faith in my inner being. Actually, the more I "let go/let God" (meaning try and not control stuff) the better it is for me.

I'm not sure if this is what you wanted to hear....

zipzip
Old 22-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Jules

I'm with unus too.

I dont' follow any one religion, again it's a mixed bag.

I suppose my faith is having that all encompassing knowing that I'm being directed on my right path, and the Universe will provide - in whichever form it's gonna take :).. and everything will work out. It's not only faith that comes into though, it's trust also ..

Just my two pennorth :)
Old 22-05-2011, 09:17 PM
aser's homie

I invented the saying in late two thousands that 'If life gives you apples, take the apples.'

My embrace of faith is that i'd rather be a tortoise walking slow than a runnerous rabbit who doesn't get there to the sure spot for being so abracadabra jumpy, but that the tortoise despite of being slow to reach the final he actually is the one of the two to win the race. That's how I embrace faith, sure that I pick my spots in anything devotional. 'How many bites does it take to finish the apple? How many times does it take to perfect after the mistake?'

I just pick all things up that bless my desire to live, even if I have to think outside the box or think differently from 'all' others to be that way thou.
Old 30-07-2011, 01:32 PM
avenger

Christian theologian Stanley Hauerwas once said that "Christianity is received, not made up by the individual."

I believe this applies to any religious and spiritual beliefs. We have to receive it and not make it up. There has to be genuine revelation or conversion. I think that is what is amiss in modern day religion. People turn religion into a science, where doctrinal propositions and methods form the bulk of their "faith." Or they go purely on their human emotions.

I haven't personally received any revelation yet. But I'm receptive and waiting.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:22 PM
sprinter

I enjoy the inspiration and satisfaction of having a faith that continually correlates to the real world and the behaviour of the people in it, but the real treasure, beauty and power of my chosen faith is something that can't be found anywhere else, grace.
Old 19-08-2011, 02:45 AM
susanexpress1

I just believe those I want to believe.