Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 27-01-2011, 09:32 AM
pre-dawn

Of course, the moderators are in their right to make their rules and censor posts. In many forums where this happens it is however implemented and managed in a way which goes against the fundamental spiritual values of openness, transparency and fairness.

The policies should be unambiguous, clear, and subject to appeal. Anything which does not measure up to this I cannot lend my support to. I am really surprised how many people here are prepared to hand over decisions to the moderators, giving up their own powers of discernment.
Old 27-01-2011, 09:50 AM
arive nan

These decisions were not handed over. They were not ours to begin with. This is one web site, which is moderated according to what those who run this site have in mind for what they want this site to be. It is their site, and they graciously allow us to participate in it. There are sites that are not moderated at all, and those who wish to teach the practices which would be deemed harmful here will find many other places to communicate them. Our own discernment powers are not affected as long as you are willing to travel to other sites as well to find information, which you would have to do anyway since no one site is going to have everything.
Old 27-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Deactivated Account

Very nicely said arive nan.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 27-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Master
Question

Quote:
These decisions were not handed over. They were not ours to begin with. This is one web site, which is moderated according to what those who run this site have in mind for what they want this site to be. It is their site, and they graciously allow us to participate in it. There are sites that are not moderated at all

Yes, well stated, thanks.

It never ceases to amaze me, that people sign up for membership, with rules and FAQ's that evidently never get read or paid any attention to, then question as if each forum or message board is the authority of the world. I don't get it. They agree to rules, whatever they may be, when they sign up to ANY forum. And more often than not, they also say that the rules can change at any time.

Old 28-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirit
What about luciferianism, Satanism, darkworking, and such things? They aren't dangerous?

I can see how some aspects of satanism can be deemed "dangerous" but what is dangerous about luciferianism?
Old 28-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy

To keep our members as safe as possible, we have found it necessary to include this ruling on dangerous practices.

Hopefully this includes any and all discussion of the dangerous and highly addictive practice of cigarette smoking
Old 28-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Time

ISnt there a disclaimer on the rules and what not, to take this adive at yoru own risk??
Old 28-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Dilchannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Of course, the moderators are in their right to make their rules and censor posts. In many forums where this happens it is however implemented and managed in a way which goes against the fundamental spiritual values of openness, transparency and fairness.

The policies should be unambiguous, clear, and subject to appeal. Anything which does not measure up to this I cannot lend my support to. I am really surprised how many people here are prepared to hand over decisions to the moderators, giving up their own powers of discernment.

The moderators here are first and foremost Members, which spend countless hours trying to keep this site running as best that they can. They are some of the most beautiful people I have met. So for me I am quite alright with them doing their "job" and give them some serious Kudos for doing it. It isn't an easy job but they do it wonderfully .
Old 28-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilchannan
The moderators here are first and foremost Members, which spend countless hours trying to keep this site running as best that they can. They are some of the most beautiful people I have met. So for me I am quite alright with them doing their "job" and give them some serious Kudos for doing it. It isn't an easy job but they do it wonderfully .
Thanks so much for this Dilchannan it's very very much appreciated.

Being a relatively new member of staff has really opened my eyes to what it takes to keep a site running smoothly. I'm nowhere in the league of the other staff members yet, but am learning daily. It's also bringing up issues for me personally to deal with such as judgement. But that's another story. The thing is we spend many hours trying to moderate these boards in the best way we know how. With discernment, integrity and honesty.

We HAVE to consider SF is an all ages family forum, and I for one am proud to be a member of this site, so to be asked to become a mod was an honour indeed. But what a lot of people don't realise is how much of your emotions and feelings you have to keep under control. We're all people at the end of the day and when we get attacked for doing a job to keep the membership safe it's hard not to take it personally now and again - but again it's all part of the learning curve and personal growth.

I've been on sites where there are no mods and it's a free for all. Here, we allow people to have freedom of speech and whilst a lot of people may disagree with that, they are not taking into account other members state of mind, understanding, age, etc. THIS is what we as staff have to do in those circumstances.

Everyone can have opinions, beliefs, truths call it what you will - but please please please before all the bigotry begins just think about what you're posting. No one is saying we all have to agree with each other - far from it. But what IS needed is a little more thought before responding with knee jerk reactions, AND understand that we're ALL on our own pathway and therefore are not necessarily at the same stage of development as you are.

Namaste
Jue xx
Old 28-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn

You are allowed to publicly or privately discuss the whys of any topic or discussion that the moderators may wish to ban that you deem should be allowed and visa versa without any repercussions. I have done so in the past in regards to a thread defending cigarette smoking that a moderator started without any repercussions to my forum membership that was resolved. The moderators are not dictators.

There are so many "dangerous practices" in this world that it is impossible to list them all here so your request that the policies be unambiguous and clear is quite a tall order. I must say that the moderators do a good job keeping this a bright friendly safe place.
Closed Thread