Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-03-2018, 11:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
thanks Martin, I appreciate the time you have taken to write a response here. You gave me some things to work with... and was able to remind me to centre myself a bit more into a unified sense of relating... as I had pulled alot of aspects apart like an engine haha and was trying to relate to something singular - and forgetting to look at its role within the whole engine
I've been given a bit to chew on here so will take some time now haha- get a coffee- work my job and then come back to chew on a bit more lol

Nice to hear Emerald, any mention of Holy Spirit guaranteed to get me talking! the engine analogy is interesting. the spiritual engineer working with the different pieces and puts them back together again, after the theologians have finished breaking stuff :)
Glad of anything to help keep bashing away on keyboard your long post on insights was fascinating and got me thinking

Quote:
I love how you have the perspective of it being a blessing to not have any strong church influences reguarding the Holy Spirit - I feel happy that this is one of the few things my childhood church didn't sink their teeth into too much - although a part of me wonders if a bit of contrast for understanding might help in this instance

sounds like this church got something right then!
being legalists they wouldn't have a clue what to make of it, although it animates them and what they love
yet in Charismatic churches, they can really go weird over the Holy Spirit and do harm in another way
I think the praise and worship is the best thing about churches that get it right, even if the preaching is whack. Holy Spirit will overlook a lot. Preachers think presence of Holy Spirit validates their preaching. No it doesn't. You can overlook the preaching too, just like the Holy Spirit does!
Only thing is, it's possible to conjure a different spirit too,

Quote:
The church was hardly helpful here, a sermon i remember was all about not trusting your feelings, you mean I thought like, not trusting God?
It's that they were saying feelings are unreliable and scripture should be the sole source of authority in believers life, and although they didn't mention it, 'as interpreted by them' was implicit in the message.
As if the Pharisees weren't saying the same sort of thing...
Feelings and the soul and heart is the one place we get to experience any kind of divinity and they're raising objections. I'm not having it!
I don't think Jesus could stand it either, it's nice to feel your on the same page as him sometimes.

Quote:
The Spirit is the Living Water Jesus spoke of, by which we are born again. This carries feminine overtones which are put in beautiful and holy language by Jesus
this is interesting... as usual I will have to take your word on that until I do myself some more reading
how about this Emerald,
The whole thing is there in what Jesus said, being born again
Where are we born from, a womb.
The Spirit having a womb-like nature, if that's not feminine I don't know what is!
All you ever here is about the birth, well we did not become alive at the moment of birth, we came alive in the womb first then were born
Being born of the Spirit, is how Jesus talked, it's beautiful. I'm inclined to stand up for what he said and head in that direction. If there was nothing there I'd come back but there is something there

Quote:
Though for the purpose of assisting mine own empowerment as a woman on this earth I find it helpful to draw upon repressed feminine expression to bring it out and foward and having a clear seperation of the two energies I guess. Although my natural soul preference is neautrality
Got it, makes sense. Probably would do the same, although the great thing about being a man is you can stand up for women against other men that don't.
I just worry because if they get too separate it looks like a battle of the sexes, already some Christians are reacting against anything the slightest bit feminine in spirituality. That's kind of harmful, the neutral approach lets you breath and avoid all the trouble
I mean, the battle can end up holding back the victory

Quote:
Likewise, manifestations and spirit possession of some charismatics is not the Holy Spirit I know and love interesting you say that, my feelings on this is it is a prop in a show... it sort of turns the whole thing into a bit of a state production - it reminds me of those stage hypnotists who attract large crowds
Yes have you ever been to one of those gigs?
The stuff I witnessed there forever changed my opinion on spiritual reality. They do hypnotise them, also they really do tap into something real and dark is what I think.
When the person in front of you starts cackling like a witch and another one looks round and stares at you with the most mocking look you've ever seen, you tend to **** your pants. It may sound funny but it wasn't and shook me up. There was electric atmosphere in there, I resisted it but did feel a tingle on my head briefly. My hands were shaking with cold for days afterwards. This is the Holy Spirit? I bet my eternal soul it isn't. The implications of this are unbelievably huge. Deception is a reality and it's in some churches
My Christian friends all loved it of course, what can you do?
It's an inspiration to keep pushing ahead on my own path through the overgrowth and brambles even if it seems harder and hopeless at times its easier than finding yourself led into confusion and isolation in a crowd of people :)
Old 13-03-2018, 02:05 PM
kjw47

Quote:
I'm wondering what your religious background taught you about the holy spirit and also what are your own personal feelings and beliefs?

It is not really a concept which I've ever really understood but when I feel into it - the concept of holy spirit I feel a sense of Grace descending as white light energy through me from the head down into my energy body.
I'd say the energy of the 'God the father' feels expansive...I feel Christ conciousness as a balancing and unifying force in my heart centre and it encourages feelings of compassion and connection...the Holy spirit feels like Grace - it is more personal and inclusive than 'god the father'.

I cannot really remember the specific teachings of my childhood church in this matter as it wasn't frightening enough to stick into my conciousness haha. All I remember is that we didn't subscribe to the trinity until much later after they decided not to have a cult status anymore haha.

I do often wonder if the holy spirit though did used to be something else before westernized religion became hijacked....perhaps we in western society have lost an important aspect of the Holy Spirit and are not being served by the whole picture.

Part of me does wonder about the repressed feminine God aspect... and if the holy spirit explains the feminine pressence or if they are two seperate things.
Even if this was the case I am not certain that it still isn't a bit mixed up - the three distinct yet unified aspects of this particular trinity.

Thanks one and all.
I appreciate the discussion.

One must look at fact
1) The Father has a name=YHWH(Jehovah) -- The son has a name- Jesus---The holy spirit= no name.
In trinity translations--The Father gets worship--The son gets worship( in error) the holy spirit gets-0
The Father gets, honor, glory, etc--The Father shares those with Jesus---The HS gets-0

The holy spirit, is NOT a living being--it is Gods active force. Every living being has a name.
Old 13-03-2018, 02:07 PM
Guide

Holy Spirit is the Indwelling TRUE PERCEPTION , the CORRECTION of our false ego creation.

KALI in Hindu is she ~! The Destroyer of illusions and The Restorer of Conscious Awareness ~

Kundalini she too is called ~ Dormant in most ....... oh but when she AWAKENS! What GRACE! WHAT GRACE!
Old 13-03-2018, 02:34 PM
Deactivated Account
The Holy Spirit is for everyone who is willing to open up and listen.
Old 13-03-2018, 07:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
Holy Spirit is the Indwelling TRUE PERCEPTION , the CORRECTION of our false ego creation.

KALI in Hindu is she ~! The Destroyer of illusions and The Restorer of Conscious Awareness ~

Kundalini she too is called ~ Dormant in most ....... oh but when she AWAKENS! What GRACE! WHAT GRACE!

Hahah this made me LOL and I can see exactly what you mean from an outsiders perspective!

I'd been enduring an endless state of isolation, darkness and was in despair...really I was already in hell on earth! Although kundalini awakening and rebirth felt like hell at times... ot saved me, I became liberated and my subconcious knew that the experience would save me so I pushed through.

I say grace came first- because it had to...it was destined to on my path as well for without it I would have taken my own physical life...
So yes - there was grace which came through and I am eternally grateful!
Old 13-03-2018, 07:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
One must look at fact
1) The Father has a name=YHWH(Jehovah) -- The son has a name- Jesus---The holy spirit= no name.
In trinity translations--The Father gets worship--The son gets worship( in error) the holy spirit gets-0
The Father gets, honor, glory, etc--The Father shares those with Jesus---The HS gets-0

The holy spirit, is NOT a living being--it is Gods active force. Every living being has a name.

Thanks, I was thinking along similar lines - 'God's active force' is a cool term.
Old 13-03-2018, 07:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge

Well that is hopeful - perhaps I should wash my ears out

Thanks Seeker for your sharing here.
Old 13-03-2018, 08:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge

What about ' opening up and feel ' rather than listen
Old 13-03-2018, 08:41 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What about ' opening up and feel ' rather than listen
Better phrasing indeed.
Old 13-03-2018, 11:36 PM
Master

Quote:

If it is only the way God does stuff why did Jesus get upset over people blaspheming it?