Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-03-2018, 07:25 AM
Master
Bubbles, I agree very much with Marie here, in that there is forgiveness. I feel for your communication with Jesus and God, all you may need to focus on perhaps is simply the act of communicating and see how that goes. And there is nothing wrong I feel with taking it slow either, you may need not pray every night, but perhaps work your way up a little at a time.

Perhaps go easy on yourself a bit as well if you can, I mean with the constant apologizing to Jesus, and God. You only should really need to ask for forgiveness once.

Believe Bubbles, that you are forgiven.

And, concentrate indeed on slowly building that relationship back up if you wish.

There is no rush. Relax, and take it easy.

All my best.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Master

You can't judge your closeness to God by how you feel. God sometimes allows those close to him to go through difficult times to test and develop their faith. Look at what happened to Job; he served God faithfully yet he lost his health, his wealth, and this children. No doubt he felt the same way you do; he prayed and it seemed as if God was ignoring him. Rather than asking God for things, why don't you try thanking him for the good things you already have.

We speak to God through prayer; he speaks to us through his Word, the Bible. Have you ever tried just reading the Bible and asking him to help you understand it? That might be a good thing to do when you find that you can't pray. Listening to what God says to us is more important than speaking to him.

I will pray that God will help you to understand his word and know what he wants you to do.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:23 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Bubbles, I agree very much with Marie here, in that there is forgiveness. I feel for your communication with Jesus and God, all you may need to focus on perhaps is simply the act of communicating and see how that goes. And there is nothing wrong I feel with taking it slow either, you may need not pray every night, but perhaps work your way up a little at a time.

Perhaps go easy on yourself a bit as well if you can, I mean with the constant apologizing to Jesus, and God. You only should really need to ask for forgiveness once.

Believe Bubbles, that you are forgiven.

And, concentrate indeed on slowly building that relationship back up if you wish.

There is no rush. Relax, and take it easy.

All my best.

Thank you warmly for helping me restore faith in myself first of all and strengthen me with the possibility that yes I can work to get connected again :) I am following your advice, know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
You can't judge your closeness to God by how you feel. God sometimes allows those close to him to go through difficult times to test and develop their faith. Look at what happened to Job; he served God faithfully yet he lost his health, his wealth, and this children. No doubt he felt the same way you do; he prayed and it seemed as if God was ignoring him. Rather than asking God for things, why don't you try thanking him for the good things you already have.

We speak to God through prayer; he speaks to us through his Word, the Bible. Have you ever tried just reading the Bible and asking him to help you understand it? That might be a good thing to do when you find that you can't pray. Listening to what God says to us is more important than speaking to him.

I will pray that God will help you to understand his word and know what he wants you to do.

Honestly, I kind of forgot about this perspective... Just want to point out a difference n your analogy from what you explained with Steve Jobs and me. You claim as my understanding goes, that Steve Jobs was religious and faithfully and close to God... and look what happened to him, how he died. The differences is that God might have put him though a difficult time despite his faith..... while I simply distanced myself, 'forgetting' to pray because of too tired at night...and connect with God/Jesus... stopping to share my joys and thoughts and problems... with Jesus... yes, all thoughts, good, neutral, bad. In other words, I did it with my own hands. Maybe you are right, there is not difference, maybe this is also a difficult time and test for God/Jesus to see what I am going to do. Although he already knows.. well, where's the fun in that God? :)

Your advice is not a tap on my shoulder but rather a wake up to reality, that indeed I should be more thankful to what I already have, more grateful... last night after reading your message, went later on to pray before bed..and I thought about it.. you are right... things in my life could be so much worse considering what's going on in all this world.. and I should be more grateful for whatever I am already gifted with.... health, family etc

Regarding your last paragraph, it is nice how you covered the 'ask to help for understanding' because the main problem is that if one would read the Bible like any book just passing through, he won't understand the message.. unless being guided, reading explanations... yes maybe asking God to help you understand, but realistically not sure how that will work out.

Might be true that listening to what God says might be more important than speaking to him. That is why I am trying to connect again the way I know. I put more value into communicating Jesus deep down from your heart, being pure and honest and focused/concentrated. I do some prayers, but they are merely for me a formality... So many people saying prayers like poetry with little heart in their meanings..but who am I to judge.. Last but not least, what may work for you might not work for me and vice versa.

Thank you.

PS Steve Jobs didn't lost his wealth, "At the time of his death in 2011, Steve Jobs' net worth was estimated at $10.2 billion."

well.. guess,, he did lost it, since he died. hopefully he was rich in the 'other currency'
Old 04-03-2018, 12:25 AM
Master

Bubbles hope you get back your mojo again. you're not the first or the last this happens to, I'm one of them as well
You're feeling so bad is really proof of your desire to attain to him, what would be bad is if you weren't feeling bad.
It really is just like a relationship
But every wise person has always said He is always waiting there with out stretched arms, to receive you, not just back again, but more fully than ever, to the extent that you wish for
I would just send feelings of love toward him and not worry about praying long prayers just lots of short and sweet ones
If you feel things are going better again, you know you don't need to worry because he is holding you
Old 04-03-2018, 07:49 AM
Master
Close your eyes , spiritualize
breathe in deeply , deep down remember the feeling
this feeling , this energy slowly rising
the vibrations raising , can you feel it yet
the deeper it gets , the more you remember
you'll always be a member of God
it lives in you , he lives in you ...
Old 04-03-2018, 03:28 PM
Master

Jesus want us to free people in our minds, in our eventually judgments. Like in he say judge not, and you will not be judged. Very deep and means more than just not doing. Especially also oneself.
Old 19-03-2018, 07:45 AM
Experiencer

Bubbles-here is my opinion. We serve a God of infinite chances. I believe the way for you to resolve the angst you are experiencing is to go to God directly and talk to Him about it-

I, like you, have felt the very same things-the example of a best friend giving us money and we forget about it. I realized one day that in trying to understand God-I was putting "human" conditions on him-

I think what is important is you realized a pattern within yourself you do not like-go and talk with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit-pour your heart out to them-

accept forgiveness and get on with talking with God-it was also suggested to read your Bible-good suggestion.

You are so loved by God
Old 20-03-2018, 04:02 PM
Ascender

many believe connecting with Jesus is all they need to do. we ALL claim to love Jesus, but refuse to even do as he tell us to ,(Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?). you say you pray to God/Jesus who is it do you actually pray to? is it Jesus himself, or another being you call "god"? Jesus told ALL in the "Lord's Prayer", who to pray to ,(Matt. 6:9 In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name). the word "Hallow" means to Honor and make Holy. this God's name we are to Honor it.

Jesus was not referring to himself, because he also says he has a "GOD AND FATHER" ,(John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God). and he prayed to this God, asking God to "GLORIFY HIS NAME" ,(John 12:28 Father, glorify Your name.” Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again).

the name of this God is Jehovah. the same God faithful men of old obeyed and prayed to. even though they didn't know his name ,(Exo. 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them). Jesus even said to Jehovah God in prayer, that he made his NAME KNOWN to the men who God sent to him ,(John 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gave me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gave them me; and they have kept thy word).

Jesus said if we want life, not only should we get to know himself, (Jesus), but also..."THE ONLY TRUE GOD", (John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). NOTICE, again, Jesus showed he was "SENT"... by the "TRUE GOD". when we pray, it's to Jehovah we must do so, in Jesus name, (John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me).

we ask God, in Jesus name and because he ...for a while gives Jesus the Power by means of his Father's HS. Jesus help his Father by means of responding for him, (John 14:13,14 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it). be ware though of satan's tricks ,(Ephe. 6:11), get close to Jehovah God as well as Jesus. so that you will know if it's of satan or not. he is misleading the world, blinding them from the truth ,(2Cor.4:4).

satan knows Jesus and Jehovah God very well. which means he also knows humans, after all he was an Angel! but Jehovah God and Jesus knows every human problem. and they will be with their people. what we need to do is "seek God's Kingdom first", meaning obey Jehovah God and follow Jesus lead. Jehovah will take care of us, (Matt. 6:33). remember what Jesus said, (Matt. 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven). peace