Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 05:18 PM
biyu_wolf_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumas
Then like you imageimaginer most on these foums are old souls because we all understand this concept we all remember....
ditto and another little tidbit is somewhere i read as old souls are growin up they go thru the ages one that fully knows of it before there i think 30 is lucky (well im known fer luck to say the least)
Old 10-09-2006, 05:35 PM
biyu_wolf_77

one said somethin about starting as creatures (my typing gets worse an worse likely cause im not big on this earth language) but my question is if we do then why arent we more sencative?? the pups here know when i need a friend an all same with kitten she knows when im havin a good day and not
Old 10-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Light Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by biyu_wolf_77
one said somethin about starting as creatures (my typing gets worse an worse likely cause im not big on this earth language) but my question is if we do then why arent we more sencative?? the pups here know when i need a friend an all same with kitten she knows when im havin a good day and not
Maybe old souls don't ALWAYS have to have human bodies, if they don't want to? Perhaps also the life of an animal is less concerned with human needs and desires and so are able to be more in tune with another and less distracted by their own lives.

Examples of extreme animal loyalty (anyone remember the story of Greyfriar's Bobby?) could be old souls with animal bodies.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Glorymist

Wolf - - because animals haven't yet attained the level of consciousness to assume a human body as of yet. Animals work more on such a basic level of awareness - - which obviously - - is most refreshing. It's kind of like our thinking - - "wouldn't it be nice to live from such a simple state ?? "

Sadly - - that's not the Path. And that would be looking at it all from the human point of view. Almost - - looking backwards at it all.

A valid spiritual truth is - - that EVERYTHING must be learned. Nothing is given out for free. If it were not so - - then there would be "favorites." Which - - admittedly - - is what many of the religions claim. That's cool. It helps them cope. But in the overall Path - - there are no favorites ! ! Period.

But consider - - all of us - - have probably been on the Path for a while - - whatever that means. We have a working "belief system" - - which we refine as we learn and grow. Consider - - being SO basic / new - - that you have none ! ! No working belief system. Except that which you brought with you from being a dog. I'm not saying that this is *exactly* the way it goes down each and every time - - but it certainly puts the concept in the ballpark.

If you look at "animals" as perhaps the 1st grade - - it all might fall into place. Heck - - at least they are not a rock or a tree or a mountain. They have gotten to the point where they at least are coming to terms with individual consciousness.

Are there Souls who skip the whole rock / tree /animal level ?? I cannot say. The Path is one of experience. I cannot say that there would be no worthwhile experience in being a rock or a tree - - but being an animal would have its merits.

I would bet - - if you gave it some thought - - that you have run across some animals that are "almost human." And - - I would bet you would have run across a few humans that are "as dumb as a cow." I doubt if you would really run into too many Souls that are just starting their Path of experience at the human level out and around in general society. Just consider - - IF one were going to have to learn such a transition - - how long would it take and what would you have to learn to grow from being a "rather human" dog to that of actually running a human body ??

If you get down to the real basics - - I mean - - the REAL basics of it all - - there would be a LOT to learn to make that jump.

A lot.

It might even take - - "forever."

hee hee hee
Old 11-09-2006, 02:07 AM
biyu_wolf_77

intreastin and yea i know atleast one human thats not that bright loves to be comtrolin to the point i have like no freedom (no really if im gonna be in the backyard i HAVE to ask --i wonder if i could make a really sturdy tape harness fer kitten fer now?? as i wanna be able to take her outside with me so i have some defence thats not me--even tho my garden is 4 pots in the back yard on the cenment or not far from it) and id say the pups (and kitten too) that ive bonded with have had atleast a few human qualities so yea its fun fer shure
Old 11-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Master
Glory, my darling, I am unsure about something in your belief system which I would like to ask about, you see for me, and my life is a testament to this, there is help out there to move us swiftly down the spiritual path. Not overnight, but enough of a difference to turbo charge our `learning ` in this life.
We have spoken of avatars before and I am unsure of your position on them or even if our definitions of them are the same. But in my experience true avatars; (by these I speak of sai baba, mother meera, jesus, krishna and one or two other known ones,) are here specifically to increase the level of our spiritual development. As I said in my experience this has been very true, although to be fair, I have no frame of reference to compare to.
Just interested in your or others comments.
Love and light
Peteyzen
Old 11-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Glorymist

peteyzen - - it is nobody's "job" to specifically increase the level of our spiritual development. There are many who will offer assistance when and if they are called to do so and will do so to the extent that we (the individual) listens to and adheres to what they offer.

As in all education - - there are first grade teachers and there are college professors. And then there are teachers that are "out of the system" that offer insight into it all. They each offer tidbits of info to the level they have their strengths in. All of the people you mentioned are in this line of teachers - - at one point or another. They have many other things to do than just "save" us. *Many* other things.

One goes / follows a teacher until they cannot offer the level of assistance the student wishes. There are teachers that seem to have particular strengths in various facets of it all - - such as some teachers are better at helping one with frustration / despair while others are better suited at offering straight-forward info and letting it go at that.

Usually - - if a teacher is openly and widely available to the public - - then they are there to promote the "widely available" viewpoints of that society. They may put their own personal twist on them and dress them up a bit differently - - but it's a good general yardstick.

So - - if any individual is into the popular theories / religions / philosophies of the day - - just about any of these "avatars" would do. Just pick one that suits you. If any individual is truly learning from these entities - - then that is where they "are." They are wise to stay there for the time being. To push beyond often leads to rather troubling imbalance.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Guide

Everyone is both a teacher and a student. As situations present themselves, you are able to be instrumental in someone's growth by teaching when you feel led to do so. The same is true for your own growth when presented with the opportunity to learn. Perhaps old souls can be described as the ones who teach more than they learn. Or perhaps they can be described as fastest learners and the wisest teachers. Maybe old souls are just the "hot" ones like Brad Pitt and Angela Jolie, yeah that's it, the hotter you are the older your soul right?

It is my position to not be concerned with how old your soul is or what you calibrate at or how many times you've re-incarnated as a goat (I was a goat like 3000 times, its awesome by the way). These spiritual statistics are all to easily manipulated by the ego. People, in my opinion, should concentrate on what I call the recognition of the truth. The truth is as powerful whether spoken by a human cow or an ascended master, you just are likely to hear it more from the later. But you may be surprised.

Moo.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:22 PM
Glorymist

Human Cow ?? ??

hee hee hee
Old 12-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Master
Glory , I hear all you say and we have danced this rhumba before.
Please consider this:
I disagree with your assetion that the avatars that I mentioned above are comparable with human teachers.
An avatar, to me and by their own definition, is unlike any other teacher, they have come down to earth (rather than going up toward re union with the divine, they are that already) and are at all times operating at the level of god consciousness, their job IS to raise our spiritual level, yes they have other work to do, but the main one is that, because for the first time we have the power to annhilate ourselves, we need to raise our group consciousness quickly and that, both individual and global raising of consciousness is their primatry concern.
They cannot be compared to human teachers who as you rightly say, can take people to a certain level or teach certain things after which the student moves on.
I know that in many peoples philosophy the above is debatable, but, and here is the rub,
If there is just a chance that I am right and the divine is here, walking around, isn`t it in any spiritual persons interest to at least pop along and pay their respects?
What if that humble action could help massively with the persons spiritual growth.
What could possibly stop a spiritual person going to see one, even if its just on the off chance that they are the divine?
Interested in your thoughts glory

Last edited by peteyzen : 12-09-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Closed Thread