Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 15-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
I think they are called indigos because their aura is mostly the color indigo and they carry a distinct vibration... passionate, stubborn, no **, sensitive, system-busters. Indigo is not a catch-all term for all mystical ppl.

sounds logical.
Old 15-11-2016, 11:50 PM
Knower

People make old thing "new" with flowery language backed up by theology
Old 27-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Master
My sister just sent me a copy of an email advertisement (from HayHouse) for a book called Awaken your Indigo Power by Doreen Virtue and Charles Virtue. She wanted me to read the whole blurb-description, implying I may have been an 'early' one of 'em ('early' in the sense that there was a major increase in their influx in the 70s, whereas I was a 40s child).

Whatever ... I found the description of their characteristics to apply to me in many ways. And I thought there may be others here who might find them pertinent, in their own case or in the case of peeps they personally know.

Descriptions and typologies are a dime a dozen, of course, but just for general interest since this thread is about Indigos, here is an excerpt from the copy of the email my sister sent me (which may or may not be an excerpt from the mentioned book - I don't know):

"11 Easy Ways To Use Your Indigo Power by Charles Virtue

Indigo isn’t a box category that you can neatly fit people into. It’s actually a description of a personality and energy style with some very admirable traits that could serve us all.

Our vision is a world where Indigo Power is unleashed at its highest vibrational potential.

11 Ways Indigos Can Become Agents Of Change

- Documentary film directors
- Inventors and innovators
- Leaders, coaches, and teachers
- Bloggers, vloggers, and social commentators
- Activists
- Artists
- Environmentalists
- Authors
- Animal rights spokespeople
- Speakers
- Charity volunteers

The possibilities are endless for channelling anger and frustration in positive ways.

Indigo is an energy that has always existed among humanity but is being noticed now more than ever before. Indigo Children are best known for their personality trait of being very resistant to authority, and very resistant to rules. The truth is that the Indigo Children, while often thought to have “behavioural issues,” are spiritual warriors who are here to bring about great change in our modern way of life.

Indigo Children, referred to as the “new children,” are actually just one of the many different kinds of new human energy coming into this planet in greater concentrations.

The Indigo Children have come to this planet to metaphorically lift up the rocks so that we can see what’s underneath them—to move the curtains aside so that we can see what’s really behind them—so the lightworkers of this world can make the necessary changes.

[Image meme: Indigos show us how to be Real, Present and Authentic ]

We can envision a world where Indigo energy teaches us all to trust our gut feelings and to demand honesty and integrity from everyone. We see a world where it’s no longer possible to be lied to or manipulated because everyone can plainly see the truth… and speaks up about it.

The Indigos are the people who feel an inner sense of duty to do something about the problems they see. Indigos who understand their personal power are using their gifts to positively change the world. You can do the same by studying Indigo Power in yourself and in others. When we get in touch with our Indigo Power, and then channel it constructively, we become agents of change.

The remarkable generation of Indigo Children who were mostly born in the 1970s and 1980s have grown into highly intuitive adults who speak the truth—and have an inner calling to take action to do something about the challenges facing this world.

The Life Purpose Of Indigos

Indigos are often “old souls” who have waited for this Divine time of human awakening and evolution to return here to Earth. These evolved beings seem to hit the ground running with a mission as soon as they’re born and consistently display common characteristics of being very aware, sensitive, and intuitive. The Indigos are here for one major purpose: to open our eyes to the world around us so that we can recognize the much-needed and important changes that must be made. The Indigo spirit has always existed among humankind but is more noticeable now than ever before in recorded history.

It is beyond debate that humanity is “waking up” all around the globe, and with this new awareness, we are realizing just how out-dated and control based many institutions have become. We all want change, and in the past a violent revolution was often thought necessary to bring it about. But those days are over, and now Heaven is working more closely with humanity to enact positive change. In this regard, we are being blessed with the unstoppable will of the Indigo. Indigos can be considered angels of change, because they come into life with a great, Heavenly mission to question rules, authority, and dogma. The Indigos shine light upon dishonesty to make us review and analyse our world, and to actually put thought into our daily actions and goals.

Main Characteristics Of The Indigo Spirit

- Strong will
- Blunt truthfulness, no matter what the consequences
- Idealism
- Fiery passion in their eyes
- Frustration and anger about world events
- Hypervigilance and constant alertness to perceived threats or danger
- Wariness until you prove your trustworthiness to them
- Unwillingness to compromise or sell out their values
- Trust in their intuition
- High standards
- Adherence to their own internal core convictions
- Edginess in their speech, mannerisms, hairstyle, body art, and clothing style
- Independence (often loners)
- Impulsivity
- Original thinking

Indigos are also…

- Comfortable with the shadows of life
- Intuitive and in touch with gut feelings
- Prone to mood swings
- Highly sensitive to chemicals
- Spiritual, not religious

In addition, Indigos…

- Follow their hearts
- Know the value of having fun
- Respect people only for what they do, not on account of age, wealth, or title
- Enjoy music

If you relate to the majority (not necessarily all) of these characteristics, this is a sign that you are an Indigo. Or if you’re thinking of someone else, it indicates that the other person likely is one."
Old 28-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Master
I am not especially 'psychic', at least not consciously so. My 'orientation' to soul development (including 'levels' and 'colors' thereof) comes largely from the books of Michael Newton, Ph.D. Peeps here may be interested in checking out his stuff.

The blurb about him on Amazon.com reads:

Dr. Newton is the author of three best-selling books, Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives (Llewellyn, 1994) , Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives (Llewellyn, May 2000), and Life Between Lives: Hypnotherapy for Spiritual Regression (Llewellyn, 2004). Dr. Newton has an international reputation as a spiritual [hynotherapeutic] regressionist who has mapped out much of our life between lives experience. He has appeared on numerous national radio and TV talk shows to explain our immortal life in the spirit world.

The 'classification' scheme he presents in the first of said books (you would have to read the whole book to appreciate the nuances of this) is:

Learning Stage -- Kinetic Color Range -- Guide Status

Level I: Beginner -- White (bright and homogeneous) -- None

Level II: Lower Intermediate -- Off-White (reddish shades, ultimately turning into traces of yellow) -- None

Level III: Intermediate -- Yellow (solid with no traces of white) -- None

Level IV: Upper Intermediate -- Dark Yellow (a deep gold, ultimately turning into traces of blue)—Junior

Level V – Advanced -- Light Blue (with no traces of yellow, ultimately turning into traces of purple) -- Senior

Level VI: Highly Advanced – Dark Bluish-Purple {Indigo presumably} (surrounded by radiant light) -- Master

He also reports:

For those who are curious, the perceptanges by soul level of all my cases are s follows: Level 1, 42%; Level II, 31%; Level III, 17%; Level IV, 9%; Level V, 1%. Proejction these figures into a world population of five (back when the book was written!) billion sous would be unreliable, using my small sample. Nevertheless, I I see the possibility we may have only a few hundred thousand people on Earth at Level V.

I think he got his info about Level IV souls from clients who 'knew' (some of) them.

I recommend his book as being highly educational. All fascinating stuff (including infor about our 'Source') quite comprehensively tied together.

Here's Amazons blurb about the first book to give you a better idea of the kind of stuff that's in it:

Using a special hypnosis technique to reach the hidden memories of subjects, Dr. Newton discovered some amazing insights into what happens to us between lives. Journey of Soulsis the record of 29 people who recalled their experiences between physical deaths. Through their extraordinary stories, you will learn specifics about:

- How it feels to die
- What you see and feel right after death
- The truth about "spiritual guides"
- What happens to "disturbed" souls
- Why you are assigned to certain soul groups in the spirit world and what you do there
- How you choose another body to return to Earth
- The different levels of souls: beginning, intermediate, and advanced
- When and where you first learn to recognize soulmates on Earth
- The purpose of life

Journey of Souls is a graphic record or "travel log" by these people of what happens between lives on Earth. They give specific details as they movingly describe their astounding experiences.

Note: In case you are one who has a tendency to 'go off' half-cocked, he points out that any soul still incarnating has more 'karmic' challenges to face/overcome/learn from, etc.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:36 AM
Master

Indigo is simply the aura color. Just like lavender, yellow, red, etc. It comes from those who see auras. The significance is the global change that comes with the large influx of the color.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsymystique
The significance is the global change that comes with the large influx of the color.
And what (significance) is that? Do you know, or have an idea about that? For whatevr reason, you say nothing in said regard.